Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas - lack of security

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

sabat wrote: »
    If somebody lights a smoke/joint/chases the dragon upstairs on a Dublin Bus I always tell them to put it out, no matter how many of them there are or how rough they look. The reason they think they can (and do) get away with it is because twenty people will sit there tutting and staring out the window rather than say something. Guess what? Every single time they've done as I told them with barely a complaint. If just one person did this on every bus or tram the behaviour would eventually die out as even in their thick little brains the message would get through eventually that this isn't acceptable.

I usually ask them to as well, because I have asthma. I ask nicely. Usually they do put it out and apologise; once or twice they haven't, and I've moved downstairs. I assume the ones who haven't put out their heroin have troubles of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pappe

Aard wrote: »
    I think in such a situation it might be better to call the Gardaí :confused:

Maybe you are right, however I would expect at least some support from Luas:
    luas.ie/luas-passenger-charter.html
    see point 3
    As a passenger, you have rights. We commit to:
    3.Respond to all your letters and emails within 1 week.
    If they don't even bother to answer to an email where I offer my help as a witness then I don't think they want to take any action whatsoever. And, I repeat, I wrote them twice about this assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

That's great, but really the Gardaí should be the first port of call, for the victim's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sitting on Luas now on way home from work.

No security two yokes sitting behind me fighting drinking cans all while on phone trying buy drugs.........

Usual ****e these two are bout thump head off each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Had one of these scum spit in my face on the luas yesterday evening because I objected to him groping me. Complained to luas customer care, was informed there's security and that I could alert the driver with the emergency button on the tram, or get off and alert the helpline with the ticket machine. That's nice. Tell the commuter rushing for a train to get off the tram to report anti social behaviour while the scum stays on the moving tram, for free, the entire way back to knackeraugua. To be fair though tonight there was loads of security

• Advertisement
Advertisement