Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My Audi A4 has been stolen :-(

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

twice for bmw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

I know that my car (Volvo) is once to lock, twice to deadlock, and there is also a 30 second that will automatically activate the deadlocks unless you set the alarm to "reduced function" mode for if/when you left a child in the car, they could open it if need be.

I've done a little bit with the security of the CAN bus in modern cars, at quite a very low level. Now this is something that a thief can't really access from the outside of the car, but even it is very secure and would require insider knowledge to hack. I would think that in theory the keys should be nigh on impossible to hack, and the flaw is actually quite basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robo10

For anybody who wants to know how modern BMW Audis etc are being stolen Google edilock ltd .They sell equipment that can be used to steal modern cars . They also have videos on YouTube on how the equipment works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How are they allowed to do that???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

MadYaker wrote: »

I guess the process isn't illegal, its just actually unlawfully doing it that makes it a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

MadYaker wrote: »

AFAIK the intended market for this equipment is the emergency and security services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭monseiur

It's interesting to note that the car has Tipp. reg and was stolen in Tipp.
    Perhaps the OP bought it second hand and didn't get the second key from original owner or he may have had a third key.
    It's used to be, and may still be, a scam in UK that small time criminal elements would sell a car privately, usually high end models, seller would be the genuine reg. owner, everything 100% legit etc. Car would be sold privately at very reasonable price to attract buyers. Then after a month or 2 the car would disappear from the new owners driveway never to be seen again in most cases.......the thief being the original seller & his gang who had a spare key for the vehicle. Cars were mostly shipped out to Middle East
    Just a thought.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,163 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd doubt an A4 would be shipped to the Middle East, a high end A7 or A8 more likely alright. Probably stored up somewhere on false plates until needed for a robbery or it was probably stripped for parts and put in a crate off to the Continent. There is big money in German car parts especially in Eastern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

iano.p wrote: »
    I have a cousin who works for a local garage. We were in his house at a party one night and a lad pulls up in a new BMW. My cousin said laughing that you can rob them cars easy without the keys. A few bets later the car was open and car started. So it can be done quite easy.

Sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

mloc123 wrote: »
    Sure...

He opened it with the ring pull off a bulmers can and a cocktail sausage stick, his cousin is Macgyver and throws a mean party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Email car details to stolen@ motorcheck.ie and they'll show car as stolen on their report if anyone checks reg ( eg dealer that might be offered car at low price)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Had the experience of driving my mates dads 2009 s320 merc. 3.2 diesel, oh mah gurd. 0-60 in just over 4 seconds. Completely different animal to any other car I've driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Had the experience of driving my mates dads 2009 s320 merc. 3.2 diesel, oh mah gurd. 0-60 in just over 4 seconds. Completely different animal to any other car I've driven.

The s320 has 230hp and weighs nearly 2 tonnes. 0-60 according to parkers is 7.3 seconds.:P

It was probably the torque that made you believe it was faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The s320 has 230hp and weighs nearly 2 tonnes. 0-60 according to parkers is 7.3 seconds.:P

It was probably the torque that made you believe it was faster!

Sounds more realistic. The amg versions don't even do sub 4s. Nice bus for eating up miles in comfort though.

Not sure what it has to do with stolen A4 though!

Crap that went into the wrong thread, sorry about that!

Mods, can we clean up them last few posts. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Crap that went into the wrong thread, sorry about that!

Mods, can we clean up them last few posts. Thanks.

You know, there is a delete option. But leave it in, its funny.

You know, there is a delete option. But leave it in, its funny.

Ya but I can't delete other people quoting me can I, oh the shame :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

A small piece of advice , when you go onto a forum like this and say something like that make sure its believable. a lot of people here know their stuff
    The two fastest cars i drove were a Chevy camaro 6.2l 400hp that was doing 0-60 in 5s flat and a ferrari f430 510hp that was doing 0-60 in 3.6s.
    A 3.2litre diesel wouldnt get close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Is it worth mentioning that the S320 CDI is the slowest and cheapest S-Class? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

9935452 wrote: »
    A small piece of advice , when you go onto a forum like this and say something like that make sure its believable. a lot of people here know their stuff
    The two fastest cars i drove were a Chevy camaro 6.2l 400hp that was doing 0-60 in 5s flat and a ferrari f430 510hp that was doing 0-60 in 3.6s.
    A 3.2litre diesel wouldnt get close
    It's a 3 litre.

Advertisement