Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris 2000-2002 or Polo same age?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 renemegane

Wow! It really is! Thanks a mil!
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yaris is quite a safe car for 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Thank you! I certainly hope so :)
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    You'll easily get 2-3 years safe, cheap and reliable motoring.

Actually drove my sisters 05 model today. It's a nippy enough for a 1.0, easily do 120kph and it's a perfectly fine car to drive.

You are not the first person I hear about hazards in Polo... And regarding the safety... colm_mcm has posted a few links, in my understanding, Yaris is safer than an old Polo.
    Had a 2001 Polo , in mid '00's and it gave some trouble with warning lights every few months .

Had a crash and can say it was definately a strong car , as it took a massive impact , but little damage.

not much in front of you in a Yaris , but is definately more economical than a Polo

Thanks guys, the more I read the more I want it!)
    JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The yaris is by far a better car than a polo. The polo despite it's quality image is not really a great car imo.
    You really cannot beat a Yaris for a first car. Just keep changing the oil every now and again and it will most probably provide years of hassle free service. They demand high prices here for a reason, so you may pay a little bit dearly for one, though for a first car it will be worth it.

I thought I can't find a good car with a genuine owner on donedeal, but talked to friends, they all bought their second hand ones there. Not a problem with them.
    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Agree.
    With respect, what you're saying is nonsense. Carzone is mainly dealers, and nobody uses CBG.
    The biggest selection is on donedeal, of course there are a few crap examples, but that's only because there are so many cars.

I have bought many cars from donedeal advertisers without issue, if you're suggesting that CBG or carzone have some sort of quality controls on the cars that are being sold, or that donedeal is exclusively for messers then you're miles out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,385 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

renemegane wrote: »
    I assume sound isolation in old Micras is far from Yaris tho

Yeah! The micra was much noisier, engine and gearbox noise especially.

So now your mrs is happy and that's the main thing! With your help as well as the other's I decided to go for Yaris)

Yeah! The micra was much noisier, engine and gearbox noise especially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

renemegane wrote: »
    Have you had it for long? Any problems w/it?

Have not had it too long, the only other problem i can think to mention which seems to be a common fault too would be the electric windows on mine are a bit sluggish (this is apparently due to broken clips which hold the window into the motor assembly) but it can be fixed for about 10 euro to get new clips if you are handy taking apart the car door. but i would suggest going for regular crank windows if possible.
    Creating an account here might be a good place to ask about what you should be aware of when getting a new one
    http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php

Will register there for sure!!! Thanks again for your reply!
    Have not had it too long, the only other problem i can think to mention which seems to be a common fault too would be the electric windows on mine are a bit sluggish (this is apparently due to broken clips which hold the window into the motor assembly) but it can be fixed for about 10 euro to get new clips if you are handy taking apart the car door. but i would suggest going for regular crank windows if possible.
    Creating an account here might be a good place to ask about what you should be aware of when getting a new one

Advertisement