Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide - Getting the most out of your high speed Virgin Media (UPC) 240mb/s service

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I upgraded to Virgin 500 from 250 a few months ago. I asked the rep if I would get the new black box with the upgrade and he said yes. The upgrade happened but it seems to have disimproved. It drops and stutters frequently, something which never happened with the lower speed. I was told when I upgraded that the boxes were out of stock and as soon as they came in it would be delivered. I waited two months and rang to enquire when they would be in stock and was told I didn't need one, that the old one was fine?

Should I downgrade or should I insist on the new box that I was promised?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭eggerb

Have existing Virgin Media customers had any joy in getting a broadband deal out of them that comes close to their new customer offers?

Last year I got €10 off for 9 months.

I still feel a bit robbed but can't pluck up the courage to move elsewhere and have technicians drilling holes in my walls ..

This is what I am on. Is better available if I speak to them?

360MB BROADBAND (Active) €65.00  

minus - €10.00 LOYALTY OFFER - 10 EURO OFF BROADBAND FOR 9 MONTHS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Last few years I've gotten half price for 6 or 9 months.

Just call and tell them you want to cancel, keep refusing their offers until you get one of the above.

Agree a termination date and hang up.

Before the termination date comes, they will contact you with a better offer. If all else fails, just call them and accept their best offer, you dont need to follow through with the cancellation. Easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I got the 1gig service from them and it's very unreliable, I got the new WiFi6 modem but it's definitely not as rock solid as the the 500 meg with the old modem was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

That's crazy money to be paying for BB this day and age, just cancel and go as a new customer for 35 per month, that's what I intend doing when my contract is up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement