Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun mounted light

Options
  • 21-01-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Lads what's best out there for a gun mounted light. Looking at deben led ray/ nightmaster 800style as I'm mostly on my own
    Mostly for rabbits on a .22 but Might be switched to the 308 for the odd fox from time to time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

My vote goes to the Xsearcher. I've been using for the past few months and its a great piece of kit.
    I have white, red and green LEDs with neck sections to change quickly in the field. An extension tube allows the use of 2 batteries so you will never get caught out.

You can order here http://www.dereelight.com/xseacher.htm

The site is a bit of a minefield when ordering so if you decide to go this route let me know and I'll give you a list of exactly what to get.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Lads what's best out there for a gun mounted light. Looking at deben led ray/ nightmaster 800style as I'm mostly on my own
    Mostly for rabbits on a .22 but Might be switched to the 308 for the odd fox from time to time
    1jay1 wrote: »
    My vote goes to the Xsearcher. I've been using for the past few months and its a great piece of kit.
    I have white, red and green LEDs with neck sections to change quickly in the field. An extension tube allows the use of 2 batteries so you will never get caught out.

You can order here http://www.dereelight.com/xseacher.htm

I've tried them all and now I am testing the NM 800 in IR. Not that I'm shooting with it but I just like to make and fiddle with stuff.
    See the Cass link above

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

I thought a lot of the wildhunter stuff was pretty poor quality from reading other reviews and posts although you seem to get all the kit with it
    I wouldn't mind paying extra few euro for nightmaster if the quality was there
    And I like the neck section for switching LEDs as ill def want a red for rabbits

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rookman

Try out the t38 or the t50 from ebay for the money they are very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement