Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thyestes Chase Thursday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

That was a Gold Cup performance from Djakadam. I can't imagine the Ryanair is anywhere near their thinking after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Amazing Blue Sky
    18-1

I like ew here. Good chance,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Huntley wrote: »
    That was a Gold Cup performance from Djakadam. I can't imagine the Ryanair is anywhere near their thinking after that.

Id agree, i'm not sure he be fast enough for the ryanair. I'll be a quick race, Cue Card and the like.. That said if Cue Card isn't up to scratch it might be there for the taking..

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Amazing Blue Sky
    18-1

I like ew here. Good chance,

Good call, collected the place money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Gold cup being metioned by mullins, strait there same as On his Own last year(as per irishracing.com). Best price 20s or 16sNRNB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Burning Blaze 14-1 ew 5.40 Chelm

Harrogate Fair 18-1 ew 6.10
    Ran a good race over 5f in a good time two back.
    Low weight and ew value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Heres mine , hoping for that big payday

Gowran Park 15:15 Vasco Du Mee 25/1
    Meydan 15:55 - Hunting Ground 4/1
    Gowran Park 14:45 Dick Dundee 8/1
    Southwell 15:40 - Schottische 7/1

Nice picking bud!

Has to be Gold Cup after that. 20s actually looks reasonable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If Djakadam wins a Gold Cup ill give the game up.

Gringo180 wrote: »

That would be an awful pity....

Seriously though, why?
    I didn't think he'd be good enough today and thought he wasn't especially well handicapped, but that was a savage performance.

An unexposed 6 year old with a big reputation winning the Gold Cup sounds quite exciting to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 domfitz

Heres mine , hoping for that big payday

Gowran Park 15:15 Vasco Du Mee 25/1
    Meydan 15:55 - Hunting Ground 4/1
    Gowran Park 14:45 Dick Dundee 8/1
    Southwell 15:40 - Schottische 7/1

lovely bet, well done..

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Gonna have a little e-way on storm runner in the next at Chelmsford. Won at Lingfield around this time last year and runs of a significantly lower mark now

That would be an awful pity....

Seriously though, why?
    I didn't think he'd be good enough today and thought he wasn't especially well handicapped, but that was a savage performance.

An unexposed 6 year old with a big reputation winning the Gold Cup sounds quite exciting to me.

Cant take that Irish heavy ground form seriously especially when it comes to Cheltenham. They usually crawl along for the first mile and a half over here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Cant take that Irish heavy ground form seriously especially when it comes to Cheltenham. They usually crawl along for the first mile and a half over here too.

I'm sorry but on his own won this and finished 2nd in the gold cup so you're talking sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

hawkhead wrote: »
    Gonna have a little e-way on storm runner in the next at Chelmsford. Won at Lingfield around this time last year and runs of a significantly lower mark now

Ran a decent race to finish 4th staying on really strongly from a high draw. One to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Lord Windermere wins it and you have no intention of giving it up?

I personally dont see Djak winning it, and I think people are getting over excited after a fantastic handicapping performance today, but look at the winners from the last few years and tell me Djakadam is an inferior horse to them.

I'm sorry but on his own won this and finished 2nd in the gold cup so you're talking sh1te

Says your man that likens Big Bucks comeback to that of Sprinter Sacre's :pac:

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Lord Windermere wins it and you have no intention of giving it up?

I personally dont see Djak winning it, and I think people are getting over excited after a fantastic handicapping performance today, but look at the winners from the last few years and tell me Djakadam is an inferior horse to them.

Lord Windermere was a course winner which is a massive plus and is a better animal than he is giving credit for.

Just cant see a horse that was beat out of sight in a Hennessy with the winner giving him nearly a stone in weight, win a Gold Cup. Fair enough if fitness did do him, I would expect a Gold Cup prospect to get much closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Says your man that likens Big Bucks comeback to that of Sprinter Sacre's :pac:

If a good judge like Kevin Blake did it as well, I will sleep easy tonight.

If a good judge like Kevin Blake did it as well, I will sleep easy tonight.

Chalk and Cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Lord Windermere was a course winner which is a massive plus and is a better animal than he is giving credit for.

Just cant see a horse that was beat out of sight in a Hennessy with the winner giving him nearly a stone in weight, win a Gold Cup. Fair enough if fitness did do him, I would expect a Gold Cup prospect to get much closer.

Course form indeed but had arrived with very little else. At least Djakadam has shown something, pre Cheltenham last year Lord Windermere was all but forgotten.

As a hypothethical, if we went back to last year and Djakadam had achieved last season what he has so far this year, he would be less than half LW's price for the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

hawkhead wrote: »

He is in my tracker left him today as wanted ti see him run well n come down another couple of pounds. He will definitely carry my cash his next run

Advertisement