Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tactical Scope Field Tests - Interesting reading

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sweet baby Jesus, $7,000 for the Hensoldt, $6,500 for the S&B and they only come 4th and 11th.

It's a bad day when the March is one of the cheapest. :D I'd have liked to see a Sightron compared to the rest, but due to the cheaper price it falls otuside the $1,500 bottom price even though the Bushnell he tests is too, but he tests it as it can go over $1,500.

I was surprised by the 5-25 PMII "winning", but have to agree with his review. Not the top scope for any one feature, but for overall performance it's always "up there".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yeah that site is a great resource. Cuts through a lot of subjectivity and attempts to use real measurements where possible.

On the scopes front I'd like to see the Zeiss add more features as it scored really highly in the optical department

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭patsat

It's a great resource if you Doctor the results to your own needs.

For example the Zeiss is bottom of the list there but that's because the test is aimed at a tactical market where featires such as FFP, fast turrets and wide field of view are most important.

For a deer stalker, it's turrets are good enough for any shots we would want to dial in, it's illuminated, a respectable magnification range and its glass is unbelievable in low light.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

patast, I guess my comment on that would be to ask why we can't have both?

The Zeiss quality glass we all love plus FFP, more useful turrets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭patsat

I hear you, suppose Zeiss have their reasons for the design. I'm happy with my Ior, it ticks all the boxes and is very very close to the optical performance of the Zeiss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement