Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reheated takeaways

Options
  • 20-01-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

say a takeaway opens at 5,and you order half 5 or 6, and you get reheated crap from the night before, yet if you order at 9 or 10 you get fresher piping hot grub, does this happen at your local?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Takeaway food is all muck, reheated or not. Get the pots and pans out and make yourself a proper dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Nothing better than a reheated curry from night before when your dying with hangover. Same with pizza and pretty much any takeaway.
    But when dying with a hangover your tongue feels like Shiite anyway so taste buds aren't quite there so doesn't really matter what your eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Takeaway food is all muck, reheated or not. Get the pots and pans out and make yourself a proper dinner.

ok granddad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I've done that when hungover,

Or eaten cold leftover pizza rather than find real food in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The vast majority of takeaways in Ireland wouldn't survive without the weekly Zombie apocalypse on a Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Always much nicer when the place is busy.

thelad95 wrote: »
    The vast majority of takeaways in Ireland wouldn't survive without the weekly Zombie apocalypse on a Saturday night.
    Slowly dying a death now thankfully.

The sooner the better though, I'm planning on getting a van on the road to hawk outside discos selling pulled pork and quinoa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Chips are €2.30 at my local takeaway... I swear if those fúckers are reheated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Robsweezie wrote: »
    say a takeaway opens at 5,and you order half 5 or 6, and you get reheated crap from the night before, yet if you order at 9 or 10 you get fresher piping hot grub, does this happen at your local?

I wouldn't order from a Chinese take away when it first opens. I feel you get yesterdays curry sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

So long as it's kept in hygenic conditions I don't see the problem with stuff being reheated, unless it's a real gourmet place which sells itself as using fresh produce. Whenever I make a curry myself at home I'll generally make a few days worth. The reheated portions always taste better than the original meal as the flavours have been absorbed more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

If you fancy sh!tting your insides out on a regular basis I'd say go for it

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back in Ireland for a few weeks. Always feel I'm missing something until I taste this takeaway ****e. Chinese? ****ing ****e and it was ****e before I left. Bland, quickly made muck, even in restaurants. I have one place I like, but its still not that good and its a restaurant. Indians? Oh good jesus for all they charge, its still so ordinary. Then we have the Italian chippers. How they have gone downhill.

It scares me that the OP wants to reheat this crap. Years ago, yeah, but these days you are literally reheating the reheated. The standard of takeaway food has sunk to new levels. There was a time when some effort went into it. Now its a race to the bottom and only for those who are ****faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Back in Ireland for a few weeks. Always feel I'm missing something until I taste this takeaway ****e. Chinese? ****ing ****e and it was ****e before I left. Bland, quickly made muck, even in restaurants. I have one place I like, but its still not that good and its a restaurant. Indians? Oh good jesus for all they charge, its still so ordinary. Then we have the Italian chippers. How they have gone downhill.

It scares me that the OP wants to reheat this crap. Years ago, yeah, but these days you are literally reheating the reheated. The standard of takeaway food has sunk to new levels. There was a time when some effort went into it. Now its a race to the bottom and only for those who are ****faced.

The literacy rate has improved since you left too

Our Chinese takeaway always send fresh hot food, never any reheats ( that we can tell anyway) plus it always gets here on time. They are great.

Id send the food back if it was reheated aul shyte

dub_skav wrote: »
    The literacy rate has improved since you left too

Typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Jake1 wrote: »
    Our Chinese takeaway always send fresh hot food, never any reheats ( that we can tell anyway) plus it always gets here on time. They are great.

They sound like a great bunch of lads in your local takeaway.

I think most people are over the whole 'cooking is a women's job' attitude. Any twenty-something man should be able to rustle up a meal of some sort from scratch. It's basic self-sufficiency. In fact, men who rely on takeaways or other people to cook for them are more 'wussy' than those who can cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

http://collegetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/chinese.jpg

Jake1 wrote: »

The definition of "reheated" is debateable. Its more a case of "technique". A typical Chinese takeaway (lets take a basic chicken curry) is made up of a premade sauce full of msg, precooked or thawed frozen chicken pieces and cheap veg. When you order its all flash fried in a wok within minutes.

Technically it is a reheat job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think most people are over the whole 'cooking is a women's job' attitude. Any twenty-something man should be able to rustle up a meal of some sort from scratch. It's basic self-sufficiency. In fact, men who rely on takeaways or other people to cook for them are more 'wussy' than those who can cook.

What's this in response to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Chipper in town do buy one gets one free. There's literally nothing better than gorging on a few pints of a Sunday afternoon, going down there and ordering taco chips, eating half when you get home and the other half the following day.

Literally can't think of anything better

What's this in response to?

There was a comment about the Grandad being a 'wuss' which has now been delted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

A few beers and a chinese delivery of a vegetable curry and fried rice piping hot is damn good for ye. Riverside chinese takeaway in rivervally swords does a great one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Slowly dying a death now thankfully.

The sooner the better though, I'm planning on getting a van on the road to hawk outside discos selling pulled pork and quinoa

I really wish this "pulled pork" fab would slope off and die a lonely death.

They are indeed a great bunch of lads :)

humberklog wrote: »
    I really wish this "pulled pork" fab would slope off and die a lonely death.
    I hope not, few slices of Aldi ham through the mincer, throw a bit of garlic or apple sauce or something on it and fire at the jagerbomb brigade for a fiver a pop. This time next year I'll be a millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I've heard people say this before and to me it's bollox.

Surely there are health and safety issues with reheating food? Thus they would be closed down if they failed, or they wouldn't get business due to their ****ty reheated food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I grew up in a rural area where takeaway didn't deliver. To me, takeaway is exclusively a drunken, 4am food.

Since moving to more "civilised" areas, I'm suprised how often my peers get takeaway, especially when it's more than twice a week. One of my housemates get's takeaway almost every night. Shockin!! It's a habit, nothing more. It wouldn't even enter my mind to get takeaway delivered to the house either.

If I want a takeaway style dinner, I buy the cheapest chicken possible, throw veg, especially veg that doesn't need to be chopped like mangetout or water-chestnuts (laziness!:P) and 1 euro noodles from the Asian shop. A dash of sweet chilli or soy sauce and I dazzle my housemates with my 'fancy' cooking. Tastes amazing too!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I've done that when hungover,

Or eaten cold leftover pizza rather than find real food in the house.

My husband does this too but im just thinking if they are reheats from the actual takeaway, then you eat it and then you reheat the next day.

That means the food is 3 days old and reheated twice. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If I want a takeaway style dinner, I buy the cheapest chicken possible, throw veg, especially veg that doesn't need to be chopped like mangetout or water-chestnuts (laziness!:P) and 1 euro noodles from the Asian shop. A dash of sweet chilli or soy sauce and I dazzle my housemates with my 'fancy' cooking. Tastes amazing too!:pac:

sounds manky

do you actually force that slop on your friends?

Advertisement