Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Handsome collection (PS4 and Xbox One)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Varik wrote: »
    Sure, if you can't find a 4th but time wise I can't really play during the weekday.

Sure, I'll add you to our little chat Dreadaxe.

We're hoping to start this weekend and do a few hours a week. I think (so far, would have to confirm with Conovar) that Sunday is an option, failing that, late tonight or 4-7 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just to point out that Conovar had never played any BL2 - so I am very conscious of trying not to ruin anything for him at this point....

(oh and I am also angling for an "original 4 characters" playthrough.....having to listen to a psycho or a mechro on UVHM again would just be too much......)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Meat Bicycle Built for Two

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Hi Dread, conovar and the rest of the Destiny crew. MADMADRA32 here, I picked up the game last week after burning my self out from doing raids. I have BL2 on the 360 and I'm looking to tear through it if ye need a 4th on the ps4. I work nights and I'm free Friday to Sunday if ye need the numbers .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really getting into this again. Previously played as an Assassin (which I loved) now trying the Gunzerker. Not feeling the love for the Gunzerker but think I'm doing it wrong. Going to re-spec it later. Some amount of content with the two games and all the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Really getting into this again. Previously played as an Assassin (which I loved) now trying the Gunzerker. Not feeling the love for the Gunzerker but think I'm doing it wrong. Going to re-spec it later. Some amount of content with the two games and all the DLC.

Gunzerker is a lot of fun once you level up a lot more. The combinations of guns you can use simultaneously can cause absolute mayhem and destruction.

My favourite was using two slag SMGs, then switching to two Double Penetrating Unkempt Harolds. Destroyed everything.

Contemplating starting another playthrough myself. Might try Assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Played Tales From The Borderlands and really liked it. Want to get the Handsome Collection but will I be missing much story-wise by not playing BL1? Also, should I play them chronologically or in order of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You don't need to have played BL1 at all. I had before I got into BL2 but you don't miss anything. I just went into BL2 on the collection. Will get round to the prequel at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    Played Tales From The Borderlands and really liked it. Want to get the Handsome Collection but will I be missing much story-wise by not playing BL1? Also, should I play them chronologically or in order of release?

I never played BL1 either but you miss almost nothing by not having played it. A few references here and there maybe.

Play BL2 before The Pre-Sequel. Mainly because BL2 is a much better game, but also for storyline purposes, as TPS basically already assumes you've played BL2, and some of the story in TPS takes place after BL2.

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi Dread, conovar and the rest of the Destiny crew. MADMADRA32 here, I picked up the game last week after burning my self out from doing raids. I have BL2 on the 360 and I'm looking to tear through it if ye need a 4th on the ps4. I work nights and I'm free Friday to Sunday if ye need the numbers .

We started off last night with our party of 4 - myself, Generic, Conovar and Dreadaxe.

As Conovar has never played the game before we are trying not to totally just tear through it. But as the rest of us have already played the game, there seems to be an element of tearing through it.

I will happily co-op with you if you like...just let me know.

• Advertisement

riggerman wrote: »

Hey, as Cal said, you're welcome to join us, even if I need to run a new character, I'm onto my 2nd on PS4 and think I had 3 or 4 on X-Box 360.

I know we've all got commitments so I've set up a chat for us on PS4 that I added you to since we might be able to have players drop in and out (not saying you need 4 players) by any stretch of the imagination here. Just personally I like playing in a group of 4 for the social aspect.

We only played about 3 or 4 hours or so, so if you'd like I could send you a screen grab of the missions we did, and if you're around that same level we can substitute you in if one of us can't make it

The main thing was we stopped immediately after the mission "A Dam Fine Rescue", we were level 14 and did very very little side quests.
    gimli2112 wrote: »

I can add you too..... if you're sober for the most part :pac:

FYI: Nothing too time consuming or hardcore, just a sitting or 2 of a few hours a week..... it's not as life consuming as Destiny.... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Can someone explain true vault hunter to me please?

I still have 2 of the DLC packs to play but I've completed the main story and am too over-powered so don't want to "waste" the remaining DLC.

If I start true vault hunter mode, do I keep all my weapons and stats, and could I then head straight to the DLC locations (Tina and Hammerlock specifically), hopefully with the enemies now leveled higher? Or do you literally start from the very beginning and have to open up all the travel stations again?

If you start TVHM you keep all your weapons and stats.
    You re-set progress on the main story and all DLC's.

You have to unlock all travel stations again - but the DLC ones are available from the start.
    The DLC's might start at a particular level in TVHM (as they do in normal) - so long since I have done TVHM I can not remember.
    Best bet is to start TVHM and use the DLC's to break up the repetitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

nocal wrote: »
    If you start TVHM you keep all your weapons and stats.
    You re-set progress on the main story and all DLC's.

You have to unlock all travel stations again - but the DLC ones are available from the start.
    The DLC's might start at a particular level in TVHM (as they do in normal) - so long since I have done TVHM I can not remember.
    Best bet is to start TVHM and use the DLC's to break up the repetitiveness.

Perfect! Thanks for clearing that up

Just a bump to let ye know that there's 10 of us playing this on PS4 (on and off)

We have a chat group on the console so if anyone is playing this on PS4, feel free to add/message me and I can add you
    Whether it's your 1st playthrough or TVHM or UVHM. Players of all experience levels welcome. Several of us have multiple characters at various levels and the community is decent and friendly (it's mainly Irish players from the Boards.ie Destiny Clan atm)

PSN: GenericDreadHead

Borderlands: The Handsome collection is €23.99 at Argos

There is now like 16-18 of us playing it on PS4 together (same as post above), great value, great game and better with friends.

About 80-100 hours even if you only play all the content once.

Sorry for the bump, but the group has a lot of traction on PS4 if anyone else wants to get in on it, you're more than welcome.

In fact the Off Topic thread in the Destiny Sub Forum has pretty much become the "Borderlands 2 Chat" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Any Xbox1 people playing Borderlands 2 ? Im on UVHM playing solo and its starting to get a bit tough, tried doing the tk baha dlc and got destroyed by the skeletons.

Main issues i have are im lvl54 but my best weapons are 50-51, plus my best slag weapon only has a 10% slag chance which isnt helping matters. So looking for a few people to do co-op with to help me out.

THanks

Advertisement