Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Handsome collection (PS4 and Xbox One)

Options
  • 20-01-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭

Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel are coming to next gen in one packageMarch 24, 2015 in North America and March 27, 2015 internationally.

content includes:
    Borderlands 2
    Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
    Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
    Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
    Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
    The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
    Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
    Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
    Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
    T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
    The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
    How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
    Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
    Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
    Character Customization Packs
    Collector's Edition Pack
    Commando Madness Pack
    Commando Supremacy Pack
    Commando Domination Pack
    Siren Madness Pack
    Siren Supremacy Pack
    Siren Domination Pack
    Gunzerker Madness Pack
    Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
    Gunzerker Domination Pack
    Mechromancer Madness Pack
    Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
    Mechromancer Domination Pack
    Assassin Madness Pack
    Assassin Supremacy Pack
    Assassin Domination Pack
    Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
    Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
    Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
    Psycho Madness Pack
    Psycho Supremacy Pack
    Psycho Domination Pack
    Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
    Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
    Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
    Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
    Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
    Psycho Party Pack
    Siren Learned Warrior Pack
    Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
    Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
    Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
    Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
    Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
    Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1295/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd like to say I'm sick of all the remasters, but I am looking forward to playing through Borderlands 2 again

This will also include 4 player local co-op for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Beat me too it /shakes fist :pac:

Anyone surprised to hear of my excitement at this news :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Money for old rope.

When are the new games coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I might pick it up as I haven't played the pre-sequel yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

calex71 wrote: »
    Beat me too it /shakes fist :pac:

Anyone surprised to hear of my excitement at this news :D

I was lucky enough to see it on Facebook so decided to post it here. For a remaster it is brilliant value for money with all the dlc content and the game play hours for both games. Loved Borderlands 2

• Advertisement

If you've $400 to spare the collector's edition includes a remote control Claptrap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,347 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was very disappointed with TPS, and really don't know if I could play BL2 again given how much I played it the first time around.

But I'm still buying this because f*ck you!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If the first game was in it I'd get it but I played the others much too recently to be bothered with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was is 1 not included?

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Was is 1 not included?

Nope. Just 2 and the pre-sequel. In fairness though, BL2 has a LOT of content

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 was probably my fav game of the last couple of years, definitely fav FPS but if I played it again I think Id puke. Have TPS ready to go but peoples comments on here have put me off with my gaming time being limited atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Money for old rope.

When are the new games coming?
    Well they've got what, Furious 4, Battleborn and Homeworld Remastered in the oven officially? I'd imagine they're also rebuilding their Borderlands tech in Unreal 4 for a new entry in that series at some point.

Either way, I imagine we'll be hearing about their new titles in the run up to E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

4 Player couch co-op sounds fantastic.

I wont be buying it right now, but I can see myself buying it at some point for local co-op.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So they are actually including all the DLC? Huh, figured they'd leave a few out as normal and charge extra for them.

Kiith wrote: »
    So they are actually including all the DLC? Huh, figured they'd leave a few out as normal and charge extra for them.

There's probably still a good bit of BL:TPS DLC to come which doesn't seem to have been included. So it'll probably just be the DLC for both games released-to-date

Penn wrote: »
    There's probably still a good bit of BL:TPS DLC to come which doesn't seem to have been included. So it'll probably just be the DLC for both games released-to-date

It says for TPS there is "upcoming" campaign add on and playable class included, which I'd imagine doesn't mean what's already been released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Penn wrote: »

If you look at 51 seconds into the video it shows the cover art for everything released to date, but does have "And more" written beside it so I would assume it will include the other 2 pieces of season pass DLC for TPS which will be another character and a story based one, though 'story' is open to debate given the last bit they released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

calex71 wrote: »
    If you look at 51 seconds into the video it shows the cover art for everything released to date, but does have "And more" written beside it so I would assume it will include the other 2 pieces of season pass DLC for TPS which will be another character and a story based one, though 'story' is open to debate given the last bit they released.
    Or if you look at the last two items in the list of included content. ;)

maximoose wrote: »
    It says for TPS there is "upcoming" campaign add on and playable class included, which I'd imagine doesn't mean what's already been released.

Sorry, I meant what's been released up to the release date of the game. I think the campaign add on and playable class are due to be released around that time too. I just meant that with the amount of dlc BL2 had outside of the season pass, chances are we'll see the same again for TPS (eg dlc for the next year or so which we'll have to pay for)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd probably get it for TPS though BL2 was great fun and good humour

Anyone after picking this up interested in doing a 4-Player Co-Op play through on PS4 of Borderlands 2? We have 3 of us (with experience ranging from Very High to New) looking at getting a game going, said I'd throw the feelers out there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone after picking this up interested in doing a 4-Player Co-Op play through on PS4 of Borderlands 2? We have 3 of us (with experience ranging from Very High to New) looking at getting a game going, said I'd throw the feelers out there

Thought you could just drop in and out of games. That's what we did the first time round, I thought. Been ages since I played it.
    (Un)Fortunately my copy just arrived this morning. :pac:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thought you could just drop in and out of games. That's what we did the first time round, I thought. Been ages since I played it.
    (Un)Fortunately my copy just arrived this morning. :pac:

Well yeah, you can, but what with all the other games that exist I'd like to just have one character for online and have everyone on the same level and missions completed etc.

The days of running 4 characters al at different levels are done and dusted (damn you Destiny!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well yeah, you can, but what with all the other games that exist I'd like to just have one character for online and have everyone on the same level and missions completed etc.

The days of running 4 characters al at different levels are done and dusted (damn you Destiny!!!)

You level up extremely fast when playing with higher levels, when I started a game with 3 lads and a forth jumped in when we were all 20+ he was the same level as us after about an hour from playing on the higher level. For the first 40 minutes he just stayed on mic for a chat as nothing he did even dented the enemies.

If you near in level everyone really just levels out after a few missions, so unless someone is 10+ levels higher/lower it's not really an issue.

Varik wrote: »
    You level up extremely fast when playing with higher levels, when I started a game with 3 lads and a forth jumped in when we were all 20+ he was the same level as us after about an hour from playing on the higher level. For the first 40 minutes he just stayed on mic for a chat as nothing he did even dented the enemies.

If you near in level everyone really just levels out after a few missions, so unless someone is 10+ levels higher/lower it's not really an issue.

Was just looking to see if a 4th was interested in playing regardless.

I know you can power level, I did it before, just thought it might be fun to start from the start with a group of 4

Was just looking to see if a 4th was interested in playing regardless.

I know you can power level, I did it before, just thought it might be fun to start from the start with a group of 4

Didn't really mean power levelling where there's a huge difference in level but if 3 can play one night and the 4th joins up again the next he's not going to be lower for long.

The game is also great on tracking what you've done and not, so if you did mission 15 already with a group and then go back after completing mission 14 it'll ask if you want to skip mission 15.

Been meaning to jump back into this or for the pre-sequel, and finish the DLC for B2.

Varik wrote: »
    Been meaning to jump back into this or for the pre-sequel, and finish the DLC for B2.

Well here's your chance! Can you pass up such an opportunity!

Well here's your chance! Can you pass up such an opportunity!

Sure, if you can't find a 4th but time wise I can't really play during the weekday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

One of the 3 has never played the game before - so for his sake and for his enjoyment of the game we are trying to stay reasonably well synced up. In my experience, the game can be an awful lot less fun if you are 2 levels behind your playing partners and the mission level.

For normal mode and TVHM it does not matter as much - but for UVHM the tighter the sync, the better for everyone.

Hopefully we will get to play through all the way and get to unlock the OP levels (because I really need a 5th Op8 toon!) - but that will depend on how much Cormac and Mitch enjoy playing the game. The plan is to play about twice a week on the coop characters.

When we are bored with BL2 we plan to give TPS a whirl.

Advertisement