Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New anti-terrorism laws for Ireland to be introduced ‘within weeks’

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

http://www.thejournal.ie/anti-terrorism-laws-ireland-1891477-Jan2015/

A most welcome development. Good to see that the government is being proactive about this. What do you think? Are they right or are they throwing the baby out with the bathwater?

Why? There hasn't been a terrorist attack in this state since the 70's. Just more oppressive legislation from the men in blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

So, what's the difference between terrorism and an uprising? I mean, I know the difference on paper, but in practice - it's largely a matter of perspective.
    The legislation due to be introduced shortly will see it being a criminal offence to direct or train those involved in “terrorist acts and terrorism”, said Flanagan.

That's an awfully broad thing to say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

UCDVet wrote: »
    So, what's the difference between terrorism and an uprising? I mean, I know the difference on paper, but in practice - it's largely a matter of perspective.

That's an awfully broad thing to say.
    Which is entirely the point I'd say.

Advertisement