Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Al Yankovic - Vicar St. - 06/10/15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, that was a bucket of fun. And what an encore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Worth waiting for. Just a killer show from the outset. Where does he get the energy? His band have been with him forever, and there's apparently nothing they can't do. Great film vignettes. Terrific set list.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Brilliant show. I was expecting it to be good, but not that good. Brought 5 people with me who would never bought tickets without me pushing it and we all came out delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

That was the most epic entrance I've ever seen anyway! Brilliant show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

That was the most epic entrance I've ever seen anyway! Brilliant show :D

I was ten minutes late, what did I miss? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Mimicking the Happy video, Al began the show by singing Tacky outside the venue, with a camera tracking him and the footage projected on screen. He walked into the venue, worked his way through the loading area and out onto the stage, where he concluded the song. Then they did Lame Claim to Fame and Now That's What I Call Polka, by which point you'd probably arrived.

Here's the full set list...

Tacky
    Lame Claim to Fame
    Now That's What I Call Polka!
    Perform This Way
    Dare to Be Stupid
    Fat
    First World Problems
    Foil
    Smells Like Nirvana
    Party in the CIA/It's All About the Pentiums/Handy/Bedrock Anthem/Another One Rides the Bus/Ode to a Superhero/Gump/Inactive/eBay
    Canadian Idiot
    Eat It/I Lost on Jeopardy/I Love Rocky Road/Like a Surgeon
    White and Nerdy
    Word Crimes
    Amish Paradise
    We All Have Cell Phones
    The Saga Begins
    Yoda

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I was ten minutes late, what did I miss? :(

He started Tacky on the streets outside the venue, as shown on the screen including interactions with randomers, and made his way into the venue and onstage about halfway through the song.

Given the nature of the streets surrounding Vicar St. I was somewhat worried for his safety!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

bkrangle wrote: »
    He started Tacky on the streets outside the venue, as shown on the screen including interactions with randomers, and made his way into the venue and onstage about halfway through the song.

Given the nature of the streets surrounding Vicar St. I was somewhat worried for his safety!

Deadly, sorry I missed it! We arrived halfway through lame claim to fame so at least thats all I missed. Great show overall :D

Ham on!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

I'd had tickets to this and forgot all about it. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Squelchy wrote: »
    I'd had tickets to this and forgot all about it. :|

ouch!!
    this was a gig I really wanted to go to, but totally forgot!!
    THink I just thought ' ah yeah, that's near Christmas' and it just went blank in my mind :o

Great to see everyone had a ball though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Just wanted to add to the praise for this, a great fun gig with one of the best gig entrances I've seen, plus one of the best encores. I brought a friend who didn't really know his stuff at all and they ended up having a ball. Great fun.

On the subject of the entrance, I think most people who appeared in the background as Al walked toward Vicar St. were his people e.g. the two "hookers" were the cheerleaders for Smells Like Nirvana, but there was a guy wearing his hood up who appeared briefly right at the very start and gave Al a real WTF look that appeared to be genuine! Thought that moment was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

For those interested in his entry, it's in this video (not mine) https://youtu.be/4iN8VWOAkxs?t=173

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Amazing gig, his energy is incredible really. That bizarre weird 'sound' melody halfway through Yoda was one of the most impressive concert feats I've ever seen :P

Where else in your lifetime would you ever hear Smells Like Teen Spirit music in the same show as American Pie. What a day it was to be alive :pac:

Advertisement