Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Al Yankovic - Vicar St. - 06/10/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Has he ever played here before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

I'm fat, I'm fat you know it, really, really fat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Can you buy tickets on eBay?

On sale on the 30th, and price is €35.00, I am so there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Has he ever played here before?

No, and I think he only played the UK for the first time in 2010.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

What would his live show be like?
    so much kind of rides on his funny videos... would he have them in the background / does he do multiple costume changes?

Either way, I'd say this could be hilarious! I was watching lots of his videos last night... brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

He wears the relevant costumes for each song, so it's a full-on "performance". His band are killer as well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

He wears the relevant costumes for each song, so it's a full-on "performance". His band are killer as well.

Brilliant! :D

This could be the gig of the year for me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Presale started this morning on his website: http://weirdal.com/tour/
    Picked up tickets already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I hope he gets off the plane in Dublin and Frank Drebin gets off before him to give a speech... that'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this the cartoon character of Southpark fame?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is this the cartoon character of Southpark fame?

Eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Dermo wrote: »
    Presale started this morning on his website: http://weirdal.com/tour/
    Picked up tickets already :)

Thanks Dermo! I just booked myself some seated tickets. The wife doesn't have much tolerance for standing at gigs so that was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thanks Dermo, just got two tickets

No idea if this will sell out quickly but nice to have the tickets sorted well in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It looks like on Ticketmaster you will only be able to buy standing tickets. Got 2 tickets in the pre-sale, fair play Dermo on posting that.

Thanks Dermo, tickets got...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I hope he gets off the plane in Dublin and Frank Drebin gets off before him to give a speech... that'd be great.

Also impossible since Mr Leslie Nielsen was taken from us last year

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Is there a way to avoid (minimize) the Ticketmaster service charge? I don't think there is a box office at Vicar Street, right?

I looked on Ticketmaster and it seems that all the seated tickets are sold out, but standing is available. Does that sound right? All the tickets seem to be the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

If I'm not mistaken, the Vicar St box office would only be open on event nights and probably only to facilitate tickets sales and/or collections for the night. I bought tickets through his official site through the pre-sale and I seem to remember all the tickets were at the same price for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ScottSF wrote: »
    Is there a way to avoid (minimize) the Ticketmaster service charge? I don't think there is a box office at Vicar Street, right?

Buy them from an outlet, preferably Stephens Green. There used to no charge per ticket from here if you paid by debit or cash although I'm not sure if that's still the case.

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Buy them from an outlet, preferably Stephens Green. There used to no charge per ticket from here if you paid by debit or cash although I'm not sure if that's still the case.

I am not sure it still is like that. Heard that you have to pay everywhere now, but it's worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sound cellar? Does he still only charge a euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I am not sure it still is like that. Heard that you have to pay everywhere now, but it's worth a shot

They charged me when I paid by debit the last couple of times alright but wasn't sure about cash. Still at €2, it's a lot cheaper then some of the fees they charge for the pricier gigs when buying online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got my ticket for this safely stashed away! I have the Running With Scissors tour DVD and I can tell you his show is awesome.
    Really looking forward to this one! :D

So here we are....

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Anybody know what time he will be going on at?

Yeah, on that point, I've never been to a gig in Vicar St. The ticket says doors 7:30, show at 8:30, so if i show up at 8:20 it should be grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Yeah, on that point, I've never been to a gig in Vicar St. The ticket says doors 7:30, show at 8:30, so if i show up at 8:20 it should be grand?

I think you should be fine, can't make it until 8:30 myself, the ticketmaster website lists it as starting then but I'd imagine it'll be a little bit later based on previous gigs

• Advertisement

As expected from Al, amazing concert. Great crowd too!

Advertisement