Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anne Kirkbride (Deirdre Barlow) has died

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What did shy die from?

Stopped breathing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The mirror suggesting 'Depression' may have been a factor. make of that what you will. RIP

I hope not, and the fckin tabloids sicken me the way they are happy to 'suggest' what the cause of death may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope not, and the fckin tabloids sicken me the way they are happy to 'suggest' what the cause of death may be.

I hate leading lines like that. she's dead, does it matter how???

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What was the reason she left Corrie on screen, wasn't she visiting a friend or something?

I wonder how/if they'll write her off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

RIP Anne Kirkbride. Thioughts are with her family and the cast and crew of coronation street. I think what most people will miss most about her is her iconic line 'TRACCCCYYYYY'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What was the reason she left Corrie on screen, wasn't she visiting a friend or something?

I wonder how/if they'll write her off.

She went to stay with Shelly Unwin afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

My first fap. Sleep well, my gravel throated princess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

BMJD wrote: »

Fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

One of Britain's greatest actresses. ;)

Lets not get carried away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Such an amazing actress. Her veins in her neck scared me growing up. Tragic loss to Coronation Street. R.I.P. Anne Kirkbride :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What an awful thing to say.

Have a bit of respect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Have a bit of respect.

LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Have a bit of respect.

Would you rather he came on here and said he didn't fap to Deirdre?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Always seems to take someone dying for people in After Hours to go full retard. its very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Only 60, far too young.
    She will just be written out, possibly along with Bill Roach as I don't see where he can go now. He's also well over 80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Her mam was always pretty hilarious, Blanche.

All I can really remember about her is a whole lot of people taking her character's prison sentence a bit too seriously when I was wee, can remember being confused wondering whether they all thought it was real or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I honestly couldn't believe it when I read the news only a few minutes ago.

She was one of many fine actresses on Coronation Street. I used to watch it regularly when my late granny used to watch it when I was a kid. For her to go at 60 is unbelievable.

May she rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

She was the "weather field 1".......cant remember waht it was all about...did'nt she kill some conman who was pretending to be a pilot?????

R.I.P.

• Advertisement

She was the "weather field 1".......cant remember waht it was all about...did'nt she kill some conman who was pretending to be a pilot?????

R.I.P.

No, he (the fake pilot she was dating) framed her for some fraud. She was Deidre Rachid at the time.

I cant belive I remember this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

No, he (the fake pilot she was dating) framed her for some fraud. She was Deidre Rachid at the time.

I cant belive I remember this.

Yep Deirdre Rachid cos she married some Morrocan lad ? Shamir ?

anyway, I can't believe I remember it either . RIP - will be tough on Ken and Tracy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

My thoughts are with Ken, Tracy and Eccles at this sad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Not a fan of the show but seen enough of it over the years growing up.

Was only listening to Ian Dempsey laughing at her crying sounds on the radio this morning about her last line before she left late last year.

Had no idea she had left but sad time for her family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I used to watch Corrie in my teens (80's) but am totally lost if I ever happen to catch some of an episode (normally when visiting my mother - she's been watching it pretty much since day one), I have to say from the little I saw of it, I think the show is a pale reflection of its former self.

IIRC she (the actor) had a bout of cancer ~20 years back and had to take a break, perhaps that had some bearing on her passing. 60 is far too young to die these days. RIP. I'll especially remember her for Deirdre's part in the Baldwin/Barlow triangle (back in the pre-satellite TV days when such things were national news) (and I think she had a fling with Dev at one point, as well as a stint in jail when framed for fraud?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

Thanks for replies!!!!! Vaugely remember the morrocan marriage storyline...........
    was she ever in anything other than corrie??

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'll especially remember her for Deirdre's part in the Baldwin/Barlow triangle (back in the pre-satellite TV days when such things were national news) (and I think she had a fling with Dev at one point, as well as a stint in jail when framed for fraud?)

Quote from Wiki about this.
    The episode in 1983 when she ends her affair with Mike and reconciles with Ken was the highest rated episode and the news was so big it ended up being announced on the scoreboard during a Manchester United vs Arsenal match at Old Trafford, with the words "Ken and Deirdre reunited. Ken 1 - Mike 0" leading to cheers from the spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

RIP Anne kirkbride her character Deirdre was part of the glory days of
    corrie her glasses gave me a laugh “There’s a fine line between Jackie O and Roy Orbison.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Quite a shock to hear this. I didn't like Deirdre Barlow but you can't deny that she was a great actress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

She had cancer a few years back I think.

Haven't watched Corrie in years - it turned into Dallas onth' cobbles due to ratings wars, but before all that shyte I enjoyed it; I liked Deirdre's storylines. Not sure she was that great an actress, but a great character nonetheless.

People talk about her prison storyline and her Moroccan toyboy who died donating a kidney to that little wench Tracy... but does anyone remember I think her first dramatic storyline: having an affair with Mike Baldwin? (When first married to Ken). Apparently made the neon board in Old Trafford during a match.

Advertisement