Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭ Pussyhands

Holy fcuk I thought you said BEFORE Lottie Ryan takes over.

The show is past it's sell by date. The number of topics she'd cover in one night and the silly props. She really thought she was giving the public a good service.

I think it'll definitely be a woman replacing her so I think they'll give it to Katie Hannon who's pretty good. The other option could include Louise Byrne being added in some way, who is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭ Pussyhands

What was her worst prop? I'm sure there's many I've forgotten. One of the worst was surely the little conveyor belt she had when she had a segment about inflation last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭ JoeA3

I wonder much input Claire had into the editorial content, format and guest choices of the show though? Was she simply just the presenter, on whom all of those gimmicks and appalling guests were forced upon, or did she have a lot more input and control than simply just presenting it? If it’s the former, then I don’t think she can have any complaints. The format was completely daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭ screamer

I can understand on a human level that her workload with a young family is difficult. And fair play to her for putting her family first, I’m sure it’s doubly difficult to leave something that is even named after you.

However, I lost all interest in this show the night she interjected when the Ukrainian politician called the russian invaders rats, and tried to present a balanced view on it. They went on to prove they’re worse than rats, I won’t miss the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,410 ✭✭✭ dominatinMC

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tinter Box

Tony Groves to get his own show with roving reporters like Jeff Rudd. Could call it fantasy island. Paul Murphy to do voiceovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ hayse

Long covid has ruined her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭ MrMusician18

I'd say she was keeping someone in a full time job in the prop department.

In all seriousness though, RTE hasn't had a decent audience interaction politics programme since Questions and Answers. The Frontline was fairly **** too tbf as the format really didn't suit PK tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭ glenfieldman

The plane interior was the worst with the travel “expert”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ RabbleRouser2k

She could easily have gotten another 2 or 3 years out of MonkeyCovidSwineflu, or whatever other weird virus that might come along in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,321 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

Wonder will they bring out a cake to Claire at the end of today's show.

Advertisement