Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 Custom Stock

Options
  • 18-01-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, does anyone make a custom stock for the Tikka T3 lite? Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emk2

Grs do them.. I've one on mine lovely stock nice and balanced bit and heavy and pricey mabye but depends what ur using the rifle for...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What kind are you looking for? IOW what will it be mainly used for?

If it's hunting then for excellent value look at Pat Sludds. Absolute gentleman and some quality work for 30 - 40% less than most other custom manufacturers. He does shotgun and rifles stocks, alterations, modifications, and full builds. He can make any stock you want, inlet it for any action and if you like he can build a target orientated stock.

The GRS are a nice stock. Nice feel, comfortable grip, etc. I have two issues with them. The sporter model has a really short bag runner. now for hunting not such an issue, but for the time you want to do a bit of plinking/targets i don't like it (but that is personally opinion). The second is the price. They start at €550 (IIRC) excluding shipping, extras, etc. which in itself might not be too bad, but when i buy a custom stock i always like to go for something that is a little bit of myself in it. My own touches.

Next one is Edi Graf of PSE-Composites. These are all light, and ultra light stocks, and i've also used these. They are a great stock for hunting due to the weight of the stock and because of the make up of the composite are very durable/hard wearing. Prices start around €550 and upwards.

The next Irish manufacturer is Enda Walsh. He has a large range and can make almost anything you want. Much like the GRS though the prices start at €670 for a base model and only go up. I had a stock on my Savage and it was superb. Comfrtable, tailor made to my grip, and done exactly how i wanted.

After that you options are "pre-made" ones from suppliers like Robertson, McMillan, Third Eye Tactical, XLR Industries, Roedale, H&S Precision, etc.,
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement