Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ash vs Evil Dead--Starz [**Spoilers**]

Options
  • 16-01-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭

Ok it's months away from starting but I'm excited.
    Speaking at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht suggested that the horror series will debut late in the year
    Albrecht also confirmed that the show will consist of half-hour episodes, rather than the full hour, adding that director Sam Raimi and executive producers Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell made the call.

"The half-hour idea was their idea," Albrecht explained. "And I can tell you it's a chock-full half-hour."

The series is to shoot in New Zealand, with the production team planning to import cars and signs to recreate the show's United States setting.

Ash vs Evil Dead is based on the original film franchise that made its debut in the late '70s.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a622140/ash-vs-evil-dead-tv-series-to-air-late-2015.html#~p1ywDK9flvo4Zp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo added to the cast.

First Idea of what the show will be about.
    Campbell reprises his role as Ash, the evildeadaging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons – personal and literal.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/ray-santiago-dana-delorenzo-cast-ash-vs-evil-dead-series-starz-1201371389/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How is this the 1st Ive heard of this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ash-vs-evil-dead.jpg

• Advertisement

Raimi directing the pilot. :D

Executive producers Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and Rob Tapert talk about why they're psyched to bring Ash (and his war with the Evil Dead) back to life for the new Starz series...

AVED_101_042115_0101_100_Comp_a_4x6-SOP-RELEASE-1-720x480.jpg
    ASH VS. EVIL DEAD / 23 APR 2015
    BRUCE CAMPBELL ON ASH VS. EVIL DEAD: "IT'S GOING TO BE A MUCH BIGGER STORY"

Executive producers Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and Rob Tapert talk about why they're psyched to bring Ash (and his war with the Evil Dead) back to life for the new Starz series.
    BY MATT FOWLERProduction has officially begun on the Starz original series Ash Vs. Evil Dead - the TV adaptation of the cult horror franchise from original creators Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert, and star Bruce Campbell. Shooting has begun down in New Zealand for the first 10-episode season, featuring Campbell reprising the role of Ash - now an aging, traumatized lothario ever fearful of return of the dastardly Deadites who've been dormant for decades.

Now, after 30 years, the "Evil" is rising once again. Is it Ash's fault that the Deadites are back?

"Of course," laughed Sam Raimi.

Yes, IGN's got an official "start of production" set photo to share with you, featuring all three executive producers -- Tapert, Campbell, and Raimi -- as well as some wise words from them about the new series.

Ash vs Evil Dead

From left to right: Executive producer Robert Tapert, star of the series and executive producer Bruce Campbell along with executive producer Sam Raimi, original filmmakers of the EVIL DEAD franchise, start production on the TV series “Ash vs Evil Dead” which will premiere this fall on Starz - © 2015 Starz Entertainment, LLC​

"[Ash] is no finer or nobler or saner of a character than when we last saw him," Raimi, who is currently directing the pilot episode, revealed. "If anything, I think he's digressed. He's sort of sunk down to all of our lowest instincts. And it's from that low point, I think, that a hero will have to be born. Greatness has been thrust upon him."

Campbell then remarked on Raimi's involvement with the first episode. "I've never been directed by anybody else as this character," he said. "So thank god he's doing the pilot so we can get reaquainted with the approach to this character because when he's off doing post on this pilot we'll have to go off into the dark without him. But he will be consulting quite heavily."

Raimi then confessed that that doing an actual Evil Dead TV series, complete with other writers and directors, was the most "worrisome" part of this new project. "How will these new writers -- how will these new actors, new technicians, new directors and producers continue to tell the story?" he wondered, likening the scenario to sending your child off to kindergarten for the first time. "It's hard to let go of complete control of something that's so close to us. So the 'bigger sandbox' part of this project is what scares me actually."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/04/23/bruce-campbell-on-ash-vs-evil-dead-its-going-to-be-a-much-bigger-story

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This trailer made me laugh... A LOT.

Can't wait. :)

That was a fun fun trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Definitely time for an Evil Dead Trilogy re-watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

aww! it's only a half hour show

What I love is that it is going to be absolutely unapologetically geared towards adults. That's a lot of blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

So so glad Starz has this and not some network channel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So so glad Starz has this and not some network channel.

A network as in the likes of NBC or CW?

New promo trailer.

Not really anything to do with Ash but just Bruce being Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Due October 31st according to Indiewire today

• Advertisement

A bit of a non-spoiler review of episode 1 which was screened at the NYCC panel.

Debuts Halloween night.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/10/10/nycc-2015-ash-vs-evil-dead-has-a-surprise-premiere-and-its-great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Posted this in the general renewed/cancelled thread but thought I'd put this here too: First episode of season one is only being shown on Saturday but ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ Grabs Early Season 2 Renewal From Starz.

The Groovy episode 1 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

El Jeffe is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the pilot
    For anyone else I'm sure that would be a mood killer, but Ash finishes the job.

That was a really fun first episode. The killer doll was great, even with the dodgy effects. The whole part with the police at the house added some horror. The partner looked very like a young Clancy Brown

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Better than decent first episode, I will def tune in for the rest

Bruce Campbell is a legend. This is deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

One of my younger memories is watching Army of Darkness with dad when he rented it out. Our tastes in TV are very different but both of us loved it. Mam would have killed him if she knew I was allowed stay up and watch. The next day we just kept quoting lines like "I've got a bone to pick with you". Later I found out that it was a sequel to the evil dead movies and hunted them down and watched them. Well tonight myself and dad sat down to watch this episode and got straight back into it. This will be a fond memory years from now!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched the pilot
    The partner looked very like a young Clancy Brown

Reminded me of Pam Grier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reminded me of Pam Grier

You should look up Clancy Brown. :)

Advertisement