Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullsheet insurance companies!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

wow, some of these quotes are mental
    Me
    1.8 volvo, 5 yr NCB,39, €325

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

€3094...

0 years no claims bonus...

It went down to something ridiculous like €350 after 5 years. I don't think I will ever see that again...

What happened.

Did you make a claim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Did you make a claim?

No claim, got rid of my car, so 0 ncb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Brokers seem to be the way to go, got my qoute of 600 thank ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

6 years NCB, 1.2 Fiesta and my quote went up by 50 quid, not so bad after looking at other peoples quotes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

recyclebin wrote: »
    My renewal was up 50%

Shopped around and the best I could get was a 33% increase on last year.

Best advice ever. Always be prepared to move and definitely shop around. I spent over an hour last time I renewed chipping away at them and it paid off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    Best advice ever. Always be prepared to move and definitely shop around. I spent over an hour last time I renewed chipping away at them and it paid off.

Went treckin around myself to get a good qoute the best places i got were

123.ie - 2100
    Fbd - 1200
    Axa - 1100
    Munster group- 860
    One Direct - 834
    Broker - 630

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

mr kr0nik wrote: »

The problem is that a lot of people don't and just pay up. :eek: Which is why year on year they keep at it.

When my wife's more than doubled to 900 (no claims or penalty points in the previous year!!!!) I got a few quotes and went back to them, they didn't want the business as when I said I had a quote for ~400 they offered me a quote of 775. Risk equalisation or something like that. They wanted to offload to other insurers certain profiles - how and why they choose is black magic methinks, so I said no thanks and jumped ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭listermint

evo2000 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting absolutely bull**** renewal quotes or quotes in general this year?

Im 25 driving a 1.6 ford focus... ive made no claims ever and on my 5th yr NCB never had a crash, no penalty points, full Irish driving license ect

Last year my insurance for a full year was 600 euros, this years quotes tho are laughable, my renewal came in with FBD 1200, Quotes with Axa 1300, 123.ie 2100 euros

The woman with the mustache in insurance place told me insurance has " went up a little bit alright"! im baffled by this! my insurance has doubled for no reason what so ever!

Try the brokers my man, Try the brokers. I literally phone about 15 Insurers and brokers every year without fail. My twenty minutes worth of time is certainly worth 100 Euro but mostly its been far more.

I recommend Arachas most recently doing good deals.

Insurance via Allianz last time i checked.

But the key here is to set a list and ring them all. (that doesnt mean phone 3) phone more. and dont just do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Getting a reneweal with AA for 400, got AA road assist with them last year so will try and talk them into giving that free again if I take the 400 without crying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Dayum wrote: »
    I don't have insurance.

Waste of money.

Nice mature way to look at it...

Mine is up this year but not by a huge amount. I will stay with Aviva for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

This is the first year in 17 years driving mine went up getting it down to 362 fully comp on a 2L avensis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just renewed mine recently and I got the same as last year. Was talking to the agent about the cost of it and he told me that it is probably going to go up by 20% again this year across the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Car one 40+ male, full NCB, 20+ yrs full licence
    1.9td octavia 276 including full bonus protection all the extras and I can drive any other car not in my own mane for short term without notice = 296 (up 20 from last year) (policy with RSA)
    Car two, Main Driver as above + my wife as a named drive, who is just learning (learner permit <1yr, 0 NCB for her). 2.0 not turbo Subaru Forester AWD Automatic box <5200mile annum quoted 1160 on renewal by 123.ie rang around 641 with chill with full bonus protection and extras. (Policy with AXA)

Ring around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭scanlanavia

15% hike here... so switched within 2 days wiiping out the hike... actually cheaper in fact... takiing advantage of new policy discount...

I feel sorry for the FBD insuree earlier e
    with ridiculous quote having not switched ever.. that's exactly what happens if you don't shop around

yes this year's lame excuse for insurers was used before

Advertisement