Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames - 25th Anniversary Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Although it was about 10 minutes shorter I thought the Sunday was a lot tighter.

I like Deus and Tom Barman, but i thought that the two song intervention on Saturday was badly timed. It kind of took the momentum away, which was building quite nicely.

There was less needless filler (Banana Man) and a really nice chat about how the original band all got together, which was pretty funny and a nice trip back down memory lane for the Rock Garden punters

Also thought that the set list was better structured on night two.

The one thing that Saturday won on was the beautiful accoustic encore at the very end after Heyday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

Are there MP3 versions of those bootlegs for folk who just want to listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Had she red hair? I'm pretty sure he specified 'the girl with the red hair'.

I may have imagined it.

He said that and she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

nc19 wrote: »
    i didnt pay good money to hear the crowd sing..........

I think you have seriously missed my point, but well done anyway if being surrounded by a dull crowd works for you.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So glad it wasn't just me who thought the crowd was poor on Saturday, we started the night towards the back and everyone was chatting, I don't mean a quick word or two, full on conversations with their backs to the stage.

We moved forward but the crowd wasn't hugely better until we got right to the front.

Anyhow, loved the set and great to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Both were great gigs band-wise, though Sunday definitely was the highlight, with an almost perfect setlist that would have been even better if they had time to finish it (the written setlists had Red Chord after Heyday - imagine that for a send off - but I guess the sound curfew kicked in earlier on Sunday night).

Shame to hear about the useless crowd further back - though you couldn't escape the douchebaggery up front either. Cue the idiot on Sat night repeatedly yelling for 'Ride on Sally' before googling it and correcting his request to 'Mustang Sally, Outspan, hahahaaaa'. He then spent the rest of the time spilling beer on himself and taking bad selfies of him and his date. No such spoons on Sun though.

The songbook is also a really nice piece to have.

And ta Dave for sharing the recordings. I made a dog's dinner of mine on Sunday by not accounting for the ridiculous power of the bass woofers in front of the stage and I've been in a funk about it since.

I've seen some nice photos of the gigs via twitter so will post links to those in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭coffee to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Love those photos!

Pardon my ignorance, but what was the weird mask thing about? That went completely over my head.

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    Love those photos!

Pardon my ignorance, but what was the weird mask thing about? That went completely over my head.

Mask was featured in the video for lay me down and then many made and given away with vinyl copies of for the birds when it was released, and again many given away at witness/oxygen one year and the whole front of the crowd wore them during the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

david75 wrote: »
    Mask was featured in the video for lay me down and then many made and given away with vinyl copies of for the birds when it was released, and again many given away at witness/oxygen one year and the whole front of the crowd wore them during the song.
    Ah cool, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Anyone know what time they are onstage tomorrow night at the Marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

jadie wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they are onstage tomorrow night at the Marquee?

Just about to ask the same question. I don't think there is a support act so it could be early enough. Anybody any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just about to ask the same question. I don't think there is a support act so it could be early enough. Anybody any idea?

I thought the booka brass band were supporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

So glad it wasn't just me who thought the crowd was poor on Saturday, we started the night towards the back and everyone was chatting, I don't mean a quick word or two, full on conversations with their backs to the stage.

We moved forward but the crowd wasn't hugely better until we got right to the front.

Anyhow, loved the set and great to see them again

yep- you've described it pretty accurately alright. After the sound booth things got better and even though people were talking, it wasn't as full-on as at the back. Great gig though all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any tickets going for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Any tickets going for tonight?

There's a few on toutless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

the gig was excellent but i have a few complaints. firstly the amount of ****ing people with phones, either on them or recording with them. its so annoying, they paid money to go see the ****ing concert, why not watch it.
    also the sound in the marquee isn't great we were sitting in block b at the back sound was very bad.
    and finally the amount of people talking during particularly the slow songs. what a bunch of *****. no respect for the artist and the band.you pay for a gig, shut the **** up and watch it especially during the slow songs.
    rant over.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    the gig was excellent but i have a few complaints. firstly the amount of ****ing people with phones, either on them or recording with them. its so annoying, they paid money to go see the ****ing concert, why not watch it.
    also the sound in the marquee isn't great we were sitting in block b at the back sound was very bad.
    and finally the amount of people talking during particularly the slow songs. what a bunch of *****. no respect for the artist and the band.you pay for a gig, shut the **** up and watch it especially during the slow songs.
    rant over.

the "talking" and "phone" thing seems to be a theme running through these gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

rant over.

Great gig. I was up the front and it was great. Sound perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

rant over.

Sound and general gig experience is mediocre if you're seated. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

great gig, missed the start of it though. Was there a support band?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Thought it was a great Gig I loved the the crowds singing 'Celebrate good times come on' on Rent Day Blues they really belted it out.

So Iveagh Gardens was a miss(night one) and a hit(night two) but I went to Cork to see them this past weekend, and it was the best Frames show i've seen in about 10 years. Fair enough the machine was oiled and an arena tent as a venue will always outdo an outdoor gig but they were really brilliant as were the Cork crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

david75 wrote: »
    So Iveagh Gardens was a miss(night one) and a hit(night two) but I went to Cork to see them this past weekend, and it was the best Frames show i've seen in about 10 years. Fair enough the machine was oiled and an arena tent as a venue will always outdo an outdoor gig but they were really brilliant as were the Cork crowd.

they were very tight alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

My wife and I went on the first night & we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes, there were plenty of people gabbing all around us but as it was our first night out in 6 months following the arrival of our son, we weren't going to let that bother us.

First time at a gig in the Iveagh Gardens, it's a lovely setting for a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

the "talking" and "phone" thing seems to be a theme running through these gigs.

Was at Iggy Pop at ATP Iceland and the first two rows at the beginning was crowded with people on their phones - it was Iggy so I had no hesitation in getting right in the middle and jumping about till they fecked off. Bit of a jerk move but hey...

• Advertisement

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Was at Iggy Pop at ATP Iceland and the first two rows at the beginning was crowded with people on their phones - it was Iggy so I had no hesitation in getting right in the middle and jumping about till they fecked off. Bit of a jerk move but hey...

nah, sometimes needs must- pogoing is far more appropriate and established concert behaviour than using mobile phones :P

Advertisement