Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames - 25th Anniversary Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

More tickets released for tomorrows gig, on ticketmaster...

Or at least there was a few minutes ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Incredible gig last night :)
    11707642_10207329527501527_5494585488778286614_n.jpg?oh=26ea2a40ad1411c6ed4ba7852656934b&oe=561E344B

11402974_10154002942373032_5322029335004795173_n.jpg?oh=5476160451bffa07128ee564589d3ce9&oe=5631B7AE

****in E Street band much? :)
    20318_10154002406183032_2084171403506944215_n.jpg?oh=d8530bbe17dc70e9fa913c3a8b380c53&oe=5613F0AB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Guys does anyone know do you have to use the main harcourt street entrance to iveagh gardens or can you use any of them e.g. the one behind the national concert hall??

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Guys does anyone know do you have to use the main harcourt street entrance to iveagh gardens or can you use any of them e.g. the one behind the national concert hall??

Just the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

5th time seeing them and they were absolutely extraordinary! Brilliant.

Just a shame that the crowd was dead. Appreciative but mannequin like, f*ck all dancing and singing.

• Advertisement

Ive been to hundreds n hundreds of frames shows..and i know a frames crowd...that was not a frames crowd...corporate/freebie people..the kinda people you'd see in sky boxes/free bar sections in arenas in the US..f to enjoy the gig much less listen to it..from the sounddesk back, they werent listening at all, constant endless yappin and not even pretendingwe were sayin maybe its the 'once' element, new fans but it wasnt even that, hoi poloi D4 people..and Ryan Tubridy was there too...breaks my heart for the very many who would have wanted to be there and got locked out

Brilliant gig though..cant wait for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

david75 wrote: »
    Ive been to hundreds n hundreds of frames shows..and i know a frames crowd...that was not a frames crowd...corporate/freebie people..the kinda people you'd see in sky boxes/free bar sections in arenas in the US..f to enjoy the gig much less listen to it..from the sounddesk back, they werent listening at all, constant endless yappin and not even pretendingwe were sayin maybe its the 'once' element, new fans but it wasnt even that, hoi poloi D4 people..and Ryan Tubridy was there too...breaks my heart for the very many who would have wanted to be there and got locked out

I'm going tonight, on my own so should be able to get mooched up the front! Been looking forward to it for ages! Cannae wait.

you're in for a treat :) they were brilliant as ever last night, but all the sweeter for the importance and celebration of it... 25 f*ckin years like!?!?!

you're in for a treat :) they were brilliant as ever last night, but all the sweeter for the importance and celebration of it... 25 f*ckin years like!?!?!

Aye, shure I remember them busking on Grafton St when I was a whippersnapper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Agreed. Any time I'd seen them previous - whether in Galway or Dublin - the vibe and energy from the crowd was unreal. Last night in perfect weather and surroundings it was rubbish.

I think it was my missus who Glen thanked for dancing away all night - I'd gone for a beer - but can't be certain.

Can be certain it was a slight dig at the majority who were static.

Enjoy tonight, after Acdc and last night we had to travel back to relieve the babysitter. Would love to be there again.

• Advertisement

said every single person who likes the frames ever.

said every single person who likes the frames ever.

Hence the tongue in cheek whippersnapper! :)
    They were hard to avoid if you spent any time on grafton St as a young un.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great gig, heyday was phenomenal. .

Just. Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

..and Ryan Tubridy was there too...breaks my heart for the very many who would have wanted to be there and got locked out

Is he not entitled to go to a gig? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I think it was my missus who Glen thanked for dancing away all night - I'd gone for a beer - but can't be certain.

Had she red hair? I'm pretty sure he specified 'the girl with the red hair'.

I may have imagined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Had a great time last night. The rain stayed away and the band seemed to be having an absolute ball up there. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Great night. Feeling rough today:))))

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Good gig, Im glad I didnt need a dump though, 2 cubicles for men was a bit mean

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Good gig, Im glad I didnt need a dump though, 2 cubicles for men was a bit mean
    My friend told me the urinals had a weird set up too where you were standing face to face with someone while peeing :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

5th time seeing them and they were absolutely extraordinary! Brilliant.

Just a shame that the crowd was dead. Appreciative but mannequin like, f*ck all dancing and singing.

i didnt pay good money to hear the crowd sing..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Went both nights, Sunday was way better. Great to see Noreen back on stage.

listening to the two bootlegs, sunday was a different animal altogether..

Great night, a lot of artists could learn a thing or two from glens stage presence! (I'm looking at you Hozier)
    What happened with yer wan who got on stage saying she was a singer? Was so bad it was funny.

Went both nights, Sunday was way better. Great to see Noreen back on stage.
    What makes you say that? I only went last night so I'm interested in how it differed from Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Would love to hear these - any chance you could share a link ?

viboy wrote: »
    Would love to hear these - any chance you could share a link ?

just waiting on clearance for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I went Saturday, what did I miss?

Couldn't go both nights as I was at Neil Diamond last night.

Shut up! I like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Advertisement