Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Anyone come across on price cuts on alcohol like gin, brandy or port etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

EuroSpar have some offers on until tomorrow 19/11
    700ml bottle of Jameson €20
    20 Miller bottles €12
    Heroes/Roses/Celebrations/Quality Street Tubs €4.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Fellow Elves I know some of you have most of your shopping done, can anyone recommend some good Irish sites or where on Amazon I would pick up some goods deals on hair sets high street names or professional hair salon products sets, or any self tanning sets? thanks

I seen a great deal on Facebook from a hair salon but its no where near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

SteJer wrote: »
    Anyone come across on price cuts on alcohol like gin, brandy or port etc?

There is a thread in bargain alerts that Supervalu are doing 2 bottles of 700cl spirits for €30.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057671948/1/#post101701205

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

24pack of Coke or Coke Zero only €8 in Dealz.

Large Yankee Candles..(Homestore)....three scents to choose from..€17.99. One of the scents was Sparkling Cinnamon, which I got, the other was some kind of sugary pink one and Clean Cotton).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I've heard homestore and more are starting their christmas sale tomorrow ! Will have to go investigate tomorrow and report back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've also just seen this on FB. Hope it's true - I'll be in to get my Christmas tree then I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I've just from FB through flyerfeed that Woodies have 20% off all decorations and artificial trees

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

SarahLil wrote: »
    I've just from FB through flyerfeed that Woodies have 20% off all decorations and artificial trees

Im just home from woodies. 20% off Christmas decs and 50% off Crackers. They normally have a 50% off sale before Christmas though

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Im just home from woodies. 20% off Christmas decs and 50% off Crackers. They normally have a 50% off sale before Christmas though

The Woodies sale annoys me as the original price of everything in the "50% sale" is stupid high. I'd say they don't sell anything at the original price.

Shops can't advertise a price reduction unless the item was for sale at the original price at some stage. I saw how Woodies do this last year. I was in one day and they stocking the shelves with their Christmas items and they were all advertised at full price. The next day I went in they had the "50% sale" prices up.

I think this is misleading as people think they are getting great deals when in reality they are paying the actual real price. Advertising this "50% sale" gets a lot of people in to their store too. Most probably purchase a few other non Christmas related items whilst in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I've heard homestore and more are starting their christmas sale tomorrow ! Will have to go investigate tomorrow and report back :D

Ah don't tell me that - I bought a set of lights in there yesterday!!! Although they were low on stock & I really really liked them. Didn't really want to take a chance on waiting on the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

SteJer wrote: »
    The Woodies sale annoys me as the original price of everything in the "50% sale" is stupid high. I'd say they don't sell anything at the original price.

Shops can't advertise a price reduction unless the item was for sale at the original price at some stage. I saw how Woodies do this last year. I was in one day and they stocking the shelves with their Christmas items and they were all advertised at full price. The next day I went in they had the "50% sale" prices up.

I think this is misleading as people think they are getting great deals when in reality they are paying the actual real price. Advertising this "50% sale" gets a lot of people in to their store too. Most probably purchase a few other non Christmas related items whilst in there.

This so true! I never buy full price from them. I've been in a few times looking at stuff cause I love it but even some of the stockings are crazy priced. This crack of almost E20 for a plate is madness. Last year I bought lovely Santa plates for E3.50 in Woodies

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Ah don't tell me that - I bought a set of lights in there yesterday!!! Although they were low on stock & I really really liked them. Didn't really want to take a chance on waiting on the sale.
    I got my lights in Homestore and More a couple of weeks ago.
    I knew they'd be half price by the end of the month but I just didn't want to risk waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

fussyonion wrote: »
    24pack of Coke or Coke Zero only €8 in Dealz.

Large Yankee Candles..(Homestore)....three scents to choose from..€17.99. One of the scents was Sparkling Cinnamon, which I got, the other was some kind of sugary pink one and Clean Cotton).

Aww damn just saw this now bought the 18 pack in Tesco today for €6 but would have bought the 24 pack for €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Only lights half price in Homestore and more. Just been in for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If anyone is passing through Schiphol airport, they have 1 litre bottles of flavoured Baileys (salted caramel etc) and Tanqueray gin for €14. There are other deals also, but those two stood out to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

fin12 wrote: »
    Aww damn just saw this now bought the 18 pack in Tesco today for €6 but would have bought the 24 pack for €8.

If it's any consolation, I did the same.
    Bought the 18pk in Tesco, popped into Dealz and saw the 24pk. Didn't buy them.

Went home, decided I'd get the 24pk the next day but when I went back they were all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

SarahLil wrote: »

This looks fab. Quite big though :(

http://www.woodies.ie/seasonal/christmas/2-13m-7ft-innsbruck-pine-christmas-tree-1119372

markc1184 wrote: »
    Only lights half price in Homestore and more. Just been in for mine.

Yeah I was in the one in Drogheda and had a good chat with one of the lads. He reckons they won't go to half price on the Christmas Trees because they are selling well at the minute :( Will wait until beginning of December then go for it I think.

Lights were good value though, was glad I didn't buy any in Woodies yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hornby Santa Express reduced in Argos.€53.99. Item code 439/8725

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

http://checkargos.com/product/2640138

These look to be great, got 2 for my girls. They even get to colour in the box and can't go wrong for €4.19 not everywhere in stock, but still a good few around

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

18 cans of coke/diet/and zero coke for a fiver in Suprevalu today....and 3 med selections boxes for a fiver also..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got a tin of chocolate kimberley in Super Valu this evening for a tenner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Posy wrote: »
    Got a tin of chocolate kimberley in Super Valu this evening for a tenner. :)

Saw them in Centra today also for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Dunnes doing 4 for €4 on large bottles of coke/ zero/ diet and think Fanta and sprite also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Any beer bargains at the moment? I'm sure there are but what ones are the best deal??

According to one of the staff in my local Woodies, Christmas Trees are going to half price there next week. Not sure how accurate that is though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Big bottles of coke 5 for €5 in tescos at moment.

I bought box of chocs and box of biscuits half price in M&S. Mad money when not reduced!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what offers are in Homestore for December? I didn't get the email this month! :(

Advertisement