Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man tries to kill unborn baby!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Didn't say she didn't. Why not both parties or why are some just excluding the baby?

Anyhow this conversation will go nowhere as you can ready see people with blinkered vision putting up the barricades and defending their ideological cause no matter the topic.

My point is that she isn't even mentioned....look at the topic title "man tries to kill unborn baby" as if that is the real crime here. He beat the crap out of someone but she doesn't even warrant a mention. That's what has pissed me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

eviltwin wrote: »
    My point is that she isn't even mentioned....look at the topic title "man tries to kill unborn baby" as if that is the real crime here. He beat the crap out of someone but she doesn't even warrant a mention. That's what has pissed me off.
    Your right I worded it wrong in no way do i think the baby should have priority over the motehr she went through an awful time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So, the woman is beaten to a pulp and on top of that also raped but yet it's the unborn child which is the victim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Mad story altogether.

Poor woman!

Apparently the husband made the woman abort the previous 2 children against her will.
    Now, the animal should be charged with murder IMO and maybe also learn to keep condoms in his pocket although I imagine now that won't be such a problem anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

bear1 wrote: »
    Maybe it will give the abortion cultists who chant the pro-life line some food for thought.

Huh?

the article is from a pro-life outlet..not sure what you are getting at there

tbh it is pretty clear this guy is an animal or else seriously disturbed...or both

I think it is sad that this is discussed as an abortion issue at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

On the ABORTION only, and not the vicious assault if she decided to have an abortion not an eyelid would be batted and the husbands wishes on the subject if he objected would mean nothing.

Come back to me when you find a way for the father to carry the child to term and give birth himself, and then I'll have some sympathy for his position.

Riskymove wrote: »
    Huh?

the article is from a pro-life outlet..not sure what you are getting at there

tbh it is pretty clear this guy is an animal or else seriously disturbed...or both

I think it is sad that this is discussed as an abortion issue at all really.

Yeah sorry I got mixed up a bit there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I thought this thread would be about King Herod

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Since feoti aren't human, why don't we harvest them as a rich source of protein?
    Cost/benefit analysis. It takes 9 months to get a foetus weighing 6-9lbs, you'll get a turkey, for example, to a weight of 20-25lbs in about 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

bear1 wrote: »
    So, the woman is beaten to a pulp and on top of that also raped but yet it's the unborn child which is the victim?

They're both victims, obviously.

I still don't understand why/how this has become a pro-choice issue.

She was forced to have two abortions by an abusive excuse for a human being.

I'll ask again - how would more liberal abortion laws have helped her not to be forced to have an abortion against her will, or for that matter, to deal with an abusive twat?

How would more liberal abortion laws have helped her in any way, at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

opiniated wrote: »
    They're both victims, obviously.

I still don't understand why/how this has become a pro-choice issue.

She was forced to have two abortions by an abusive excuse for a human being.

I'll ask again - how would more liberal abortion laws have helped her not to be forced to have an abortion against her will, or for that matter, to deal with an abusive twat?

How would more liberal abortion laws have helped her in any way, at all?
    How would less liberal abortion laws have stopped her partner attempting to beat her into miscarriage?

Yes, it is awful, awful, that she was forced to have two abortions by him and was probably too afraid of him to ask for help in the clinic. But at least the procedures were carried out by medical professionals in a clinic where she could be helped if there were complications, not with an afghan hook or a steel toe-capped boot in a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For a second I thought title was "Man tries to kill unicorn baby!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

biko wrote: »
    For a second I thought title was "Man tries to kill unicorn baby!!!"

That poor unifoal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

kylith wrote: »
    How would less liberal abortion laws have stopped her partner attempting to beat her into miscarriage?

Yes, it is awful, awful, that she was forced to have two abortions by him and was probably too afraid of him to ask for help in the clinic. But at least the procedures were carried out by medical professionals in a clinic where she could be helped if there were complications, not with an afghan hook or a steel toe-capped boot in a garage.

Neither more or less liberal laws would have stopped that jerk from beating her up.
    That's the point.

All the hand-wringing about her being forced to carry her rapists child, or how abortion in a clinic would have been safer is pure nonsense.

The plain unvarnished truth is, she had an abusive partner. He was a rapist, he bullied he into two abortions, he attempted to force her into a third abortion, and when she didn't capitulate, he beat her up, and attempted to kill his unborn child.

She should never have been forced into any abortion. She should never have been raped, or beaten up.

Your reasoning that the "procedures were carried out by medical professionals in a clinic" makes a complete mockery of the "pro-choice" argument.
    She never made a choice to have an abortion, to be raped, or to be beaten.

Hence, anyone on the "pro-choice" side arguing about safety, or being forced to carry a rapists child have been so blinded in their fight for "womens rights":rolleyes: - that they've completely missed the part about her choice not to want an abortion, to be raped, or to be beaten. Period.

Advertisement