Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man tries to kill unborn baby!!!

Options
  • 14-01-2015 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD???:eek:

Man Who Didn’t Want Baby Stomped on His Pregnant Wife’s Stomach to Cause Abortion
    by Steven Ertelt | Melbourne, Australia | LifeNews.com | 1/12/15 5:10 PM

PrintEmail
    International 4371 Share
    A man who didn’t want his wife to give birth to their baby stomped on her stomach in an attempt to force her to miscarry, or have an abortion. A court in Melbourne, Australia held a hearing about the man’s attempt to kill his own child, and the judge in the case denied him bail.

He also forced her to have sex against her will, also in an attempt to somehow cause a miscarriage and kill the baby.

From The Age newspaper:

pregnantwoman37The man, 40, was on Monday refused bail when a magistrate heard that police had serious concerns for the safety of the woman, who was so frightened of her husband that she refused to enter the courtroom when his case was called.

Melbourne Magistrates Court heard that the man said to his partner one day this year “Get used to it” when she told him she did not want to have sex.

Senior Constable Graeme Gooding said the man wanted sex to abort the baby, and he had previously stomped on the woman with a similar intention. The court was not told of the health of the woman or her unborn child.

At one point the man told his wife: “I am the father, I have the right to have the baby when I want.”

Since 2010 the man had twice made the woman undergo termination procedures against her wishes, the court heard. The man, from Melbourne’s inner north-western suburbs, is charged with two counts of assault and two counts of making a threat to kill.

Click here to sign up for daily pro-life news alerts from LifeNews.com

Police allege he threatened to kill his wife and her teenage son unless she underwent an abortion.

Representing himself in court, the accused man said he loved children but could not afford to become a father. He denied the allegations against him.

Senior Constable Gooding said the man had shown no regard for anyone but himself and had problems with alcohol. The police had concerns for the woman’s safety if he was granted bail.

Magistrate Jonathan Klestadt agreed and said he regarded the alleged conduct as “extremely serious”. The man posed a “significant danger” if released from custody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

hollster2 wrote: »

Man Who Didn’t Want Baby Stomped on His Pregnant Wife’s Stomach to Cause Abortion

PrintEmail
    International 4371 Share
    A man who didn’t want his wife to give birth to their baby stomped on her stomach in an attempt to force her to miscarry, or have an abortion. A court in Melbourne, Australia held a hearing about the man’s attempt to kill his own child, and the judge in the case denied him bail.

Abortion activists go to great lengths to make abortion about women’s rights, yet cases like these underscore the fact that abortion merely empowers men. In this particular case, the man had already forced his wife to have two abortions she didn’t really want.

He also forced her to have sex against her will, also in an attempt to somehow cause a miscarriage and kill the baby.

From The Age newspaper:

pregnantwoman37The man, 40, was on Monday refused bail when a magistrate heard that police had serious concerns for the safety of the woman, who was so frightened of her husband that she refused to enter the courtroom when his case was called.

Melbourne Magistrates Court heard that the man said to his partner one day this year “Get used to it” when she told him she did not want to have sex.

Senior Constable Graeme Gooding said the man wanted sex to abort the baby, and he had previously stomped on the woman with a similar intention. The court was not told of the health of the woman or her unborn child.

At one point the man told his wife: “I am the father, I have the right to have the baby when I want.”

Since 2010 the man had twice made the woman undergo termination procedures against her wishes, the court heard. The man, from Melbourne’s inner north-western suburbs, is charged with two counts of assault and two counts of making a threat to kill.

Police allege he threatened to kill his wife and her teenage son unless she underwent an abortion.

Representing himself in court, the accused man said he loved children but could not afford to become a father. He denied the allegations against him.

Senior Constable Gooding said the man had shown no regard for anyone but himself and had problems with alcohol. The police had concerns for the woman’s safety if he was granted bail.

Magistrate Jonathan Klestadt agreed and said he regarded the alleged conduct as “extremely serious”. The man posed a “significant danger” if released from custody.

Would ya ever feck off posting that ****e :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Would ya ever feck off posting that ****e :rolleyes:
    EDIT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Im not sure if this should be left open, there's very little to discuss here. Horrific.

Edit; ignore comment. I hurriedly read article as I found it disturbing. More going on than I originally observed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Makes a change from articles from partisan news sources such as Russia Today and Fox News I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,244 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

PrintEmail
    International 4371 Share

Abortion activists go to great lengths to make abortion about women’s rights, yet cases like these underscore the fact that abortion merely empowers men. In this particular case, the man had already forced his wife to have two abortions she didn’t really want.

From The Age newspaper:

Because some people are c*nts of the highest order says absolutely nothing about whether or not abortion should legal and accessable.

Anyone who uses the actions of a violent rapist to argue that abortion is wrong needs to look carefully at how their own reasoning process works.

The Peanut wrote: »
    Im not sure if this should be left open, there's very little to discuss here. Horrific.

Only wanted to share who vile some people are its ok for it to be closed didnt mean to upset anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Didnt know how to add it like that thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Akrasia wrote: »
    Because some people are c*nts of the highest order says absolutely nothing about whether or not abortion should legal and accessable.

Anyone who uses the actions of a violent rapist to argue that abortion is wrong needs to look carefully at how their own reasoning process works.

Next week, we'll discuss why you shouldn't leave your elderly relatives in nursing homes because of Harold Shipman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Akrasia wrote: »

I know it's like seeing an article about a man stabbing his wife and demanding that doctors not be allowed surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

PrintEmail
    International 4371 Share

From The Age newspaper:

Man subjects his partner to a horrifying attack but yet its the unborn baby that gets all the attention. Typical pro life attitude :rolleyes:

The man aspired to join the police force, Senior Constable Gooding told the court.

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

This story makes me feel more that we should have abortion. Safe, medically supervised abortion is better than your psycho husband trying to stomp, kick and rape the baby out of you.

Was the article trying to say 'look what happens when you allow abortions!'? Coz that makes no sense. The man tried to physically abuse his wife into miscarrying but also forced her into two abortions. So he was going to abuse her regardless of abortion laws.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Man subjects his partner to a horrifying attack but yet its the unborn baby that gets all the attention. Typical pro life attitude :rolleyes:

I just posted the article for both her and baby was awful yes no woman should have to go through that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Since feoti aren't human, why don't we harvest them as a rich source of protein?

Since feoti aren't human, why don't we harvest them as a rich source of protein?

We do. We call them 'stem cells'.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unfortunately this happens from time to time.
    People are huge eejits and sometimes desperate enough to do something like this.
    He should be done for assault and attempted murder imo

The article is from an anti-abortion site so of course it will have the baby angle.

This story makes me feel more that we should have abortion. Safe, medically supervised abortion is better than your psycho husband trying to stomp kick and rape the baby out.

They do have abortion there. the issue was that she wanted to keep the baby (as is her choice)
    A man forced his pregnant wife to have sex against her will in an attempt to have their baby aborted, a court has heard.

The man, 40, was on Monday refused bail when a magistrate heard that police had serious concerns for the safety of the woman, who was so frightened of her husband that she refused to enter the courtroom when his case was called.

Melbourne Magistrates Court heard that the man said to his partner one day this year "Get used to it" when she told him she did not want to have sex.

Senior Constable Graeme Gooding said the man wanted sex to abort the baby. He said the accused had also previously stomped on the woman before she fell pregnant.

However the stomping occurred before she was pregnant. Not after as the original article implies. It appears he tried to rape her because he thought it would cause a miscarriage., Not the shiniest penny in the pile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

This story makes me feel more that we should have abortion. Safe, medically supervised abortion is better than your psycho husband trying to stomp, kick and rape the baby out of you.

Was the article trying to say 'look what happens when you allow abortions!'? Coz that makes no sense. The man tried to physically abuse his wife into miscarrying but also forced her into two abortions. So he was going to abuse her regardless of abortion laws.

Maybe it's me, and I admit that I didn't read the pro-life article, but isn't the point of the story that the husband tried to force his wife to have a third abortion? So safe medically supervised abortion would make no difference if the woman didn't want an abortion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

We do. We call them 'stem cells'.

Never saw that on a menu

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm sure he's a great guy when he is sober...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The baby was the motive though, so it is relevant, but without the spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The baby was the motive though, so it is relevant, but without the spin.

But she was the one who had to endure the rapes, the physical assault, the mental intimidation, the threats. She doesn't seem to get much of a mention or any sympathy, its all centered on the baby. Like how dare he do that to cause a miscarriage, not how dare he do it to his partner. Its almost like she is secondary to the whole thing even though she is the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

On the ABORTION only, and not the vicious assault if she decided to have an abortion not an eyelid would be batted and the husbands wishes on the subject if he objected would mean nothing.

opiniated wrote: »
    Maybe it's me, and I admit that I didn't read the pro-life article, but isn't the point of the story that the husband tried to force his wife to have a third abortion? So safe medically supervised abortion would make no difference if the woman didn't want an abortion?

Yes, that's my point. In this case the bloke was going to do what he did regardless of abortion laws.

Whether Ireland allows abortions or not abusive spouses are going to be abusive. They're not likely to get more abusive if abortion becomes legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

On the ABORTION only, and not the vicious assault if she decided to have an abortion not an eyelid would be batted and the husbands wishes on the subject if he objected would mean nothing.

It's nothing short of disgusting that you are explicitly saying "lets ignore the horrific assault" to wedge your little rant in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If she decided to abort her rapists baby? Of course no one would say anything. Or do you believe a woman should be forced to carry her rapists baby to full term?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

If she decided to abort her rapists baby? Of course no one would say anything. Or do you believe a woman should be forced to carry her rapists baby to full term?

this is obviously an emotive issue as always

I think the point some are making is that if choosing to abort a foetus is not murder then causing one to abort though attacking the mother shouldn't be considered a murder either

A foetus should be either considered a person or not both when it comes to abortion or assault/murder laws.

Obviously the attack on the mother is an assault or attempted murder etc. based on circumstances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

But she was the one who had to endure the rapes, the physical assault, the mental intimidation, the threats. She doesn't seem to get much of a mention or any sympathy, its all centered on the baby. Like how dare he do that to cause a miscarriage, not how dare he do it to his partner. Its almost like she is secondary to the whole thing even though she is the victim.

Didn't say she didn't. Why not both parties or why are some just excluding the baby?

Anyhow this conversation will go nowhere as you can ready see people with blinkered vision putting up the barricades and defending their ideological cause no matter the topic.

Advertisement