Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisp Sandwich Cafe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

mad muffin wrote: »
    Stupid bloody hipsters. What next? A restaurant that serves only breakfast cereal?

There is one of them in London

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think you guys may have missed his sarcasm...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It ain't a bad idea. As long as they don't go cheap on the type of bread and butter.

But if the crisps are already in the sandwich, what do you have instead of the old bag of crisps WITH the sandwich?

More crisps, I suppose?

A packet of ham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Presumably a tasteful crisp menu along political lines.

Nik Naks - Sinn Fein

Tayto/King: SDLP

Artisan Cheddar and Braised Shallot: Alliance

Walkers/Monster Munch: DUP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How people can eat any processed white bread is beyond me.

They must have no idea what its doing to their bodies.

We all gotta die sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

no King???

forget it

[blasphemy] king crisps are exactly the same as tayto crisps[/blasphemy]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

dante2015 wrote: »
    Belfast has opened the worlds first crisp sandwich cafe, and it is according to the irish independent heading here to dublin

do you think this will catch on and be a winner, and what is your favourite flavour

cant post the link for this

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/belfasts-new-crisp-sandwich-cafe-actually-looks-pretty-tasty-657695.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just another fad, it'll be closed within three months.
    H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Hopefully this monstruosity will be closed within months - as soon as people realize they can buy a cheese sandwich and a bag of crisps and ruin "mod" their perfectly fine sandwich in the "crisp sandwich" abomination :)

Speaking of which, why is it so difficult to find normal, salted, potato tasting crisps in Ireland? Only Tesco has some "sea salt" variation (either own brand or Tyrrell's, if I recall correctly), and there's Walkers - but they only come in the "6 portions family size" bags. All the rest are smelly, foul tasting onion, sour cream and cheese stuff...

Looks like its only for a few weeks!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0112/672047-crisp-cafe/

"It is expected to run for three or four weeks."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Apple slices with Tayto crisps make one hell of a sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Akrasia wrote: »
    We all gotta die sometime
    No need to be so depressing man.

You come across as someone with a temper that boils easily, is half-baked and extremely kneady.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Crisp toasties.

That's where it's at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I've never had a crisp sandwich, didn't understand the point of diminishing the taste of the crisps with two slabs of bread. Am I weirdo or something? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

Just another fad, it'll be closed within three months.

Aragh could ya not at least wish them a bit of luck before writing them off altogether.

What harm are they at.

I've never had a crisp sandwich, didn't understand the point of diminishing the taste of the crisps with two slabs of bread. Am I weirdo or something? :(

Yes, very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

messrs wrote: »

Three starches right there, your bread, potatoes, crisps and ooh for good measure curly fries made from potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Can't beat a Tayto cheese & onion Blaa. Will Blaas be on the menu I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Three starches right there, your bread, potatoes, crisps and ooh for good measure curly fries made from potato.

Yeah but it looks feckin tasty

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Aragh could ya not at least wish them a bit of luck before writing them off altogether.

What harm are they at.

You must be new here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

anncoates wrote: »
    Presumably a tasteful crisp menu along political lines.

Nik Naks - Sinn Fein

Tayto/King: SDLP

Artisan Cheddar and Braised Shallot: Alliance

Walkers/Monster Munch: DUP

Actually the urban legend in my school was that Tayto were feeding the Drumcree protesters (the loyalist ones).

AFAIK UK Tayto are a completely separate company, they definitely taste worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Actually the urban legend in my school was that Tayto were feeding the Drumcree protesters (the loyalist ones).

The Spring Onion flavour are savage

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

What harm are they at.

Crime against decent eating? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yeah was just about to say if they are using northern Tayto then they will be muck. We did a taste test in our house over Christmas with my Dutch Uncle, my aunt from Northern Ireland, my Thai sister-in-law-to-be and my sisters scottish fiance and all agreed that southern tayto is far superior!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Man I miss Jackets, they don't make those anymore. They were made by King but they were better than King :P

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Samsgirl wrote:
    Can't beat a Tayto cheese & onion Blaa. Will Blaas be on the menu I wonder?

naw.....only a good Belfast Bap...it's bigger than a Blaa and much more crusty...at school we used to take all the dough out of the baps....then fill it full of Tayto Cheese and Onion...not the Rubbish Tayto yee get down here..good Ulster Tayto... from Tayto Castle, Tyrone.

The Belfast Bap was created by Barney Hughes Bakery in the 1800s to help feed the poor in Belfast....don't go to Belfast without getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Witchie wrote: »
    Yeah was just about to say if they are using northern Tayto then they will be muck. We did a taste test in our house over Christmas with my Dutch Uncle, my aunt from Northern Ireland, my Thai sister-in-law-to-be and my sisters scottish fiance and all agreed that southern tayto is far superior!

Jaysus, must be like the UN round your gaff Witchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Other years we have had American, English, Ugandan-Asian/Fermanagh and Russian in the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Crisp sandwiches are OK, but kinda sickly. I wouldn't pay to eat one. Except obviously paying for the ingredients to make one. :o Rather I wouldn't pay to eat one in a cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

50 pence extra to have your crusts cut off? Seriously?

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    50 pence extra to have your crusts cut off? Seriously?

Feck that, they're charging you more to eat less ?

Burn them with fire.

And the crusts too - the best bit. Anyone who requests, and PAYS for the crusts to be removed deserves a good root in the hole. :(

Advertisement