Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisp Sandwich Cafe

Options
  • 12-01-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Belfast has opened the worlds first crisp sandwich cafe, and it is according to the irish independent heading here to dublin

do you think this will catch on and be a winner, and what is your favourite flavour

cant post the link for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How much square footage does one need for a franchise like this? 12 square foot? Could probably run it out a big enough jacket if you tried. That way you could keep the business mobile and go where the demand is.... which is probably going to be near student accommodation at 9.30am Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dante2015

not too much i would say

a few tables and chairs and a counter (not very big )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Most importantly is it Tayto or King crisps? Cos if its Walkers they can **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A packet of King with buttered batch heels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Never a fan of just crisps in a sandwich.
    Love crisps with a sandwich or crisps in a sandwich.
    This temple of a body’s favourite is Chipsticks and Easy singles in Batch bread.

• Advertisement

they are going with Tayto as it more flavours but walkers are on the menu as well for those that like half a packet of crisps

dante2015 wrote: »
    they are going with Tayto as it more flavours but walkers are on the menu as well for those that like half a packet of crisps

Looks like they went with the research and focus groups so then. Another sterling job by the Marketing and A&R guys

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

no King???

forget it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Pig Ignorant Paddy

A ham, cheese, coleslaw, and King cheese and onion sandwich is a damn fine sandwich indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Just another fad, it'll be closed within three months.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Pig Ignorant Paddy

Just another fad, it'll be closed within three months.

Don't be such a meanie.

Tay-ho have no problem selling fresh air too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Its a wheelie good idea

Banshee Bones

Am I doing this right?

Fingers crossed everything will be Hunky Dory for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

I'd love a crisp sandwich now Brennans bread ,real butter and cheese and onion King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Don't be such a meanie.

It's the truth though. Junk food will be the biggest social pariah of the next decade, they'd have more chance with a shop selling golliwogs or whale blubber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Another group of Hipsters trying to stand out from the crowd.

I can make a grand Tayto sandwich myself rather then spending 4.50 to have a living mustache butter bread for me.

I can make a grand Tayto sandwich myself rather then spending 4.50 to have a living mustache butter bread for me.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It ain't a bad idea. As long as they don't go cheap on the type of bread and butter.

But if the crisps are already in the sandwich, what do you have instead of the old bag of crisps WITH the sandwich?

More crisps, I suppose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Hopefully this monstruosity will be closed within months - as soon as people realize they can buy a cheese sandwich and a bag of crisps and ruin "mod" their perfectly fine sandwich in the "crisp sandwich" abomination :)

Speaking of which, why is it so difficult to find normal, salted, potato tasting crisps in Ireland? Only Tesco has some "sea salt" variation (either own brand or Tyrrell's, if I recall correctly), and there's Walkers - but they only come in the "6 portions family size" bags. All the rest are smelly, foul tasting onion, sour cream and cheese stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SweetChaos wrote: »
    I'd love a crisp sandwich now Brennans bread ,real butter and cheese and onion King

Seriously, Brennan's bread must be the worst bread ever. Stays soft for a week, that is not right.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously, Brennan's bread must be the worst bread ever. Stays soft for a week, that is not right.
    How people can eat any processed white bread is beyond me.

They must have no idea what its doing to their bodies.

It turns out they're not doing this by halves at all - enthusiasts get to choose their bread, select from 30 flavours of crisps, add cheese or ham if you like, - they're all served with soup and chips. <
    quote from the independent

How people can eat any processed white bread is beyond me.

They must have no idea what its doing to their bodies.

Agreed, standard of bread in Ireland is appalling. Never buy pre- packaged Brennan's, Pat the Baker etc.
    Always try to buy freshly made Wholemeal/Brown Bread. Not always easy to get though.

It turns out they're not doing this by halves at all - enthusiasts get to choose their bread, select from 30 flavours of crisps, add cheese or ham if you like, - they're all served with soup and chips. <
    quote from the independent
    Oh so essentially its just another overpriced O'Briens type cafe.

Cant wait :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I prefer a chip sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Stupid bloody hipsters. What next? A restaurant that serves only breakfast cereal?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Stupid bloody hipsters. What next? A restaurant that serves only breakfast cereal?

Already done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Sour cream and Onion Ripples

Advertisement