Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 12-1-15

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

At least the final segment and the Danie Bryan one was pretty good. Luke Harper looked good in his match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads i hope your using the #authoritysucks,

Im gonna use it right now #CenaSucks.....ah crap, mistype, ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its a damn shame the Macho Man aint around to be part of the hall of fame, should have gone in years ago considering who has gone before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel that Rollins 100% deserves to walk out of the Rumble with the title right now. Considering he was in the ring with Brock and Cena, he stood above them, stood on even ground with Heyman during a promo (something few people can do) and just looked so ready to be the champion. His development has been brilliant to watch in recent months.

Compare that to Reigns, who isn't too bad, but who is getting absolutely buried because of the horrid scripts being given. Last week, he thought he was Superman, this week he's Jack and the Beanstalk. Next week, maybe he can be the Huntsman or The Rock or something.

Meanwhile, Ambrose was a bit all over the place; the segments, I thought, were great overall, the "HOOOOOO" bit making me laugh. Then he does well against Rusev, until we get an ending that "protects" him....only to be laid out by Rusev anyway. :confused:

Meh. Overall, I enjoyed Raw and a massive part of that was Rollins. Thrilled he's getting the proper program with Cena and Brock, as opposed to just being a substitute for Cena to beat on when Brock isn't there.

(Line of the night was Cena threatening to take the "Prize jewel" of WWE home and not show up on TV; uh, maybe you've not noticed John, but that wouldn't make much of a change for WWE right now. Or maybe he wasn't refering to the title and has finally realized that being John Cena is a bigger prize than being the champion :pac:)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

I still can't get over Reigns' promo last night. I really want the guy to get better on the mic, but how can he with scripts like that? His delivery was so much better last night and then that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Last week he was superman, this week he is delivering a horrible juvenile promo when he should be serious.....

is he....is he John Cena?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Brock suplex to Rollins was:eek: It looked like Seth landed on his head

• Registered Users Posts: 36,093 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Last week he was superman, this week he is delivering a horrible juvenile promo when he should be serious.....

is he....is he John Cena?

Believe it or not, I firmly believe that is what they are trying.

screw the character that got him over; rather we'll slowly morph him into a Cena clone.

Vince needs to go, and quite desperately at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

andyman wrote: »
    I still can't get over Reigns' promo last night. I really want the guy to get better on the mic, but how can he with scripts like that? His delivery was so much better last night and then that nonsense.

Sufferin sucotash it was cringey. Vince should let someone else write Reigns material, I think Vince has finally lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Roman Reigns did fine this week, all things considered. I'd've liked to have see Harper win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I really want Seth Rollins to win at the Rumble. That curb stomp to Lesnar was a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Garseys wrote: »
    I really want Seth Rollins to win at the Rumble. That curb stomp to Lesnar was a thing of beauty

Even better as a gif

i324Jiu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Lesnar should have a chat with Cena on how to take the curb stomp. Cena launches himself up in the air in the most unrealistically way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Adiboo wrote: »
    Lesnar should have a chat with Cena on how to take the curb stomp. Cena launches himself up in the air in the most unrealistically way possible.

That annoys me too. It's like there's some magnet in Rollins boot that lifts Cena into the air, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Cena in 'not knowing how to sell a move' shocker!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Anyone got a gif of Lesnars suplex on Rollins? Nearly landed him into the table!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns is much better at talking than we realise, he always comes across well as a talking head in wwe documentary shows. The material is the problem alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Something that hit me; other than Ambrose, has anyone else had an angle where they have to "earn" their Rumble spot? Reigns, Bryan, Rusev....they've all just announced their entry and moved on, but Ambrose seems the only one who had to earn it, which usually is what's involved with the possible winners....and not the guy jobbing each week :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GQsHZvo.gif

If this leads to regular chants at Steph I will be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The way they kept talking about Macho Man's induction maybe getting announced, I was kind of hoping they would announce someone else.

So Paige/Nikki and Alicia/Naomi matches at Rumble?

I agree Reigns was better with the promo. Seemed more comfortable. Crap promo though.

Why did Steph announce Bryan's match on Smackdown as if it wasn't announced before. We just didn't know who his opponent would be, though it was easy to guess.

And what's with the Raw Reunion? It's not like they were all members of the same stable at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

'The future starts when I say it starts'. Brock was in fine form last night. Rollins interaction with Heyman was a joy and even Cena played his part really well. Really sold on this match now. More so than the rumble, which excluding Bryan, doesn't seem to be getting as much airtime to build a narrative for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 DazHeath

Thought last nights show was really good for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just caught up with Raw now and I feel sorry for Roman Reigns.From the quick look through this thread, I think some people thought the same.He can actually talk when he is let loose but being given moronic Jack and the beanstalk story to say is really bad.He said it all too quietly as well so he should at least go all out with it.Dare i say like Cena Does?(Cena usually does this by changing to his loud voice to try and bulldoze it through) It does seem to be they think of him as Cena anyway!

i think they missed the boat with him and he is now in purgatory! :pac: He either sinks further and ends up turning heel or else is going to take a while to get things back.

Other than that it was a very good Raw. The reaction DB got was fantastic! Roman Reigns could learn from him the way he amped everything up.

Seth Rollins was great! Ambrose at least had a thread throughout the show that wasnt great but wasnt bad. The Hoooo line saved it all :pac:

i think Bray had a promo but im finding his promos like radio static. i fast forwarded through it to more important stuff. Its a shame but lately his promos go nowhere.

This Raw seemed better put together at least.The end segment had me wondering what was going to happen as in who would hit who, not that there would be a table broken!! It was like as CM Punk once said.. has there ever been a contract signing not to end in violence? :pac:

I enjoyed the end to the show and for the first time in a while had me looking forward to next weeks raw!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The strange thing is Reigns' promo could've gone in a different, better direction when he said the line about not aiming for Big Show's spot. That's where he could've gone on to talk about the Rumble.
    Speaking of the Rumble, are Reigns and Show scheduled to be in it? Or do they have a match at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The strange thing is Reigns' promo could've gone in a different, better direction when he said the line about not aiming for Big Show's spot. That's where he could've gone on to talk about the Rumble.
    Speaking of the Rumble, are Reigns and Show scheduled to be in it? Or do they have a match at it?

Or he could have spoken about how much of a loser Show is, how his spot in the last 5 years has been pretty much worthless to anyone with a bit of ambition and talent (not saying Reigns is particularly great either) and that he intends to have bigger fish to fry in the next year or so.

Proper pipe bomb sh*te = instant pop :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Although I throughly enjoyed watching Rollins curb stomp both Lesnar and Cena, I find it beyond stupid they didn't have Rollins even attempt to cash in on a very prone Lesnar at the end of Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Loughc wrote: »
    Although I throughly enjoyed watching Rollins curb stomp both Lesnar and Cena, I find it beyond stupid they didn't have Rollins even attempt to cash in on a very prone Lesnar at the end of Raw.

Maybe because he would've had no champions advantage in his first defence since the contract was signed. Holding onto the briefcase increases the likelihood of him walking out of Royal Rumble the champion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maybe because he would've had no champions advantage in his first defence since the contract was signed. Holding onto the briefcase increases the likelihood of him walking out of Royal Rumble the champion.

This is very true.... but it seems too logical booking for WWE.

Advertisement