Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 12-1-15

Options
  • 12-01-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

SD-12292013ej-0961_3071777.jpg?20140614150800

We’re just two weeks away from the Royal Rumble event, and emotions are running at an all-time high in the WWE locker room. After The Authority unceremoniously fired Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Erick Rowan last week on Raw, the entire roster is seemingly in a constant state of unease — many fearing for their jobs. Will other Superstars, including Authority enemies Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, face severe consequences for their defiance this week? What awaits as WWE’s flagship show emanates live from New Orleans, the site of WrestleMania 30?
    1. Who will be punished by The Authority?

2. Which Superstars will join the Royal Rumble Match?

3. Will distractions hurt John Cena’s chances to become WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

4. Is Nikki Bella’s Divas Title reign in jeopardy?

5. Is this the era of Bad News?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There are worse ideas than having Ziggler, Ryback and Rowen align with Reigns and Ambrose to form a Shield 2.0 stable to feud with The Authority. Would also, for instance, let Ambrose be Reign's mouthpiece leading up to Mania and protect Reign's weaknesses....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Please no Shield 2.0, if it was done it would have the shadow of the original dangling over it's head.

(Can see a reunion of The Shield in a few years, kinda like how DX came back in 2006).

Ambrose being Reigns mouthpiece, i can BLEEE DAT, Reigns needs all the help he can get on the mic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Latest rumour from Ringside news is they are planning on turning Ambrose heel as they have no creative plans for him long term. Apparently Ambrose is currently out selling John Cena in merchandise.

I don't know how either of these are true but I really hope that heel turn is not the case. I'm all for heel turns but turning someone just for the sake of giving them something to do never ends up good. They need to have a long term plan otherwise the heel turn could fall flat on it's face.

If this is the route they're going I wouldn't be surprise to see Ambrose turn against Reigns tonight.

"Come on guys, reach for the brass ring, prove you can be the top gu....WOAH, hang on, no one mentioned outselling Cena, STOP THAT NOW!"

They'll have him hugging Rollins or something. Has been criminal how they've just squandered yet another guy who the crowd obviously want to get behind but Vince and Co. would rather push their guy to deafening silence than push the guy the crowd gets behind no matter how badly they book him.....

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the sooner Vince steps down the better, the man is out of touch with what the fans want - Constantly shoving Super Cena down our throats, and now starting to shove Reigns at us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope we see Ziggler, Ryback and Rowan in the front row

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope we see Ziggler, Ryback and Rowan in the front row

But then the storyline would make no sense (Yes I am being sarcastic)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's all cool if they've bought tickets (so long as they don't slap the boss...)

Triple H & Stephanie open the show with a promo, recap what happened last week, they laugh like the evil bosses they are, Hunter out of the corner of his eye while Stephanie is talking, notices Dolph, Erick & Ryback sitting front row smugly, immediately orders security to throw them out, only for all 3 to take out their tickets allowing them to be there, leaving Hunter & Stephanie fuming.

Repeat the above for x amount of weeks until all 3 eventually win back their jobs, have them come back with Cena congratulating & welcoming them back, only for them to attack Cena for getting them fired in the first place, revealing their alliance to The Authority.

WWE expected to announce
    Macho Man Randy Savage
    as first inductee into 2015 WWE Hall of Fame tonight on Raw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Triple H & Stephanie open the show with a promo, recap what happened last week, they laugh like the evil bosses they are, Hunter out of the corner of his eye while Stephanie is talking, notices Dolph, Erick & Ryback sitting front row smugly, immediately orders security to throw them out, only for all 3 to take out their tickets allowing them to be there, leaving Hunter & Stephanie fuming.

Repeat the above for x amount of weeks until all 3 eventually win back their jobs, have them come back with Cena congratulating & welcoming them back, only for them to attack Cena for getting them fired in the first place, revealing their alliance to The Authority.
    I'd love them to become vigilantes like that son of a bitch the vigilante sting and work with him attacking the authority.

ricero wrote: »
    I'd love them to become vigilantes like that son of a bitch the vigilante sting and work with him attacking the authority.

That could also work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Loughc wrote: »
    Latest rumour from Ringside news is they are planning on turning Ambrose heel as they have no creative plans for him long term. Apparently Ambrose is currently out selling John Cena in merchandise.

I don't know how either of these are true but I really hope that heel turn is not the case. I'm all for heel turns but turning someone just for the sake of giving them something to do never ends up good. They need to have a long term plan otherwise the heel turn could fall flat on it's face.

If this is the route they're going I wouldn't be surprise to see Ambrose turn against Reigns tonight.

Not a chance he is outselling Cena in merchandise

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE expected to announce
    Macho Man Randy Savage
    as first inductee into 2015 WWE Hall of Fame tonight on Raw

I wonder will
    Stephanie induct him :p

Tugboats wrote: »

CM Punk managed it, so why not have Dean Ambrose do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the sooner Vince steps down the better, the man is out of touch with what the fans want - Constantly shoving Super Cena down our throats, and now starting to shove Reigns at us.

In fairness the chap did win the Superstar of the Year award and as far as I'm aware it was a legit vote, so the guy obviously has a fanbase. I thought I heard his merch was selling well too.

I don't think he's ready for the main event myself, but that's not stopped them in the past from strapping a rocket to the arse of some jacked up dude.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

In fairness the chap did win the Superstar of the Year award and as far as I'm aware it was a legit vote, so the guy obviously has a fanbase. I thought I heard his merch was selling well too.

I don't think he's ready for the main event myself, but that's not stopped them in the past from strapping a rocket to the arse of some jacked up dude.

I call shenanigans on Reigns winning Superstar Of The Year..... And the only reason Reigns has the rocket strapped to him is probably down to 2, being related to The Rock and Vince absolutely loves big guys. That's the only reason why Reigns is where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I call shenanigans on Reigns winning Superstar Of The Year..... And the only reason Reigns has the rocket strapped to him is probably down to 2, being related to The Rock and Vince absolutely loves big guys. That's the only reason why Reigns is where he is.

I'd be inclined to believe the votes are legit. Remember that recent vote to determine a match where the three options were all basically the same thing? No reason to go through all that ultra-careful stage management if you were just going to rig the outcome. That tells me they treat the results as genuine.

I also think you're being harsh on the guy. Rollins and Ambrose were the backbone of The Shield certainly but Reigns did his part well. Every time people wondered would he hold up his end in the big matches, he did so. The ladies think he's hot and the kids think he's cool. That's why he's getting the big push imo. Not sure his family connections counts for a lot. Sure practically everyone's related to Rock. :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns would get treated well by any promoter. Just look at him.

He is an athlete that can be refined and trianed so will only get better. We are not looking at a body builder that has muscle size. He has strength, size, speed to go with his aesthetics that will set him apart from many of the more indy types like a Neville, Zayn or Steen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tugboats wrote: »

I think it's about the look of the merchandise too. Lets face it, no-one over 10 is going to wear Cena merch but Punk had some cool t-shirts out a few years ago that every age group would wear, male or female.

Even I bought the black and yellow Nexus shirt and I never buy wrestling gear!

• Advertisement

I'd be inclined to believe the votes are legit. Remember that recent vote to determine a match where the three options were all basically the same thing? No reason to go through all that ultra-careful stage management if you were just going to rig the outcome. That tells me they treat the results as genuine.

I also think you're being harsh on the guy. Rollins and Ambrose were the backbone of The Shield certainly but Reigns did his part well. Every time people wondered would he hold up his end in the big matches, he did so. The ladies think he's hot and the kids think he's cool. That's why he's getting the big push imo. Not sure his family connections counts for a lot. Sure practically everyone's related to Rock. :pac:

We'll have to agree to disagree on the voting system then, I'm not being harsh on Reigns, he's good in the ring, but he's nowhere near ready to win the RR let alone headline Wrestlemania, needs at least another year. but it's down to the fact that Vince loves the BIG GUYS that Reigns is in the position he's in. I'd say being related to The Rock has it's advantages in WWE.

Honestly, my reluctance with Reigns is more to do with the fact I think there's people who really should have been getting the same push and would have been better suited, based on the fact the crowd are obviously behind them; Ziggler, Ambrose and Bryan would be three off the top of my head who the audiences (all age groups too) seem to adore in spite of some dreadful booking. If WWE got behind any of them, they'd easily outpace Cena's merch sale, and we wouldn't have to keep hearing about "brass rings", etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I just think they shouldn't rush Reigns. They don't need to. He's doing fine, his time will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I agree with the majority here who are saying next years WM32 is the one where he should have his big title winning moment.

He's getting better all the time and will be ready this time next year imo. He has the power,talent and agility along with the look and natural swagger that can carry the company in the future after Cena takes a back seat.

As for this year a fued with Ambrose would be an interesting option.Or maybe an authority Rollins or Kane.

As for Lesnar I'm not too sure.A match with Orton would have potential Imo.
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

He's getting better all the time and will be ready this time next year imo. He has the power,talent and agility along with the look and natural swagger that can carry the company in the future after Cena takes a back seat.

2, things i'd say, 1. While hes got all the attributes, He's not great on the mic though, i cant see him out promo many people, and that could hold him back if he doesn't improve there but importantly

2. John Cena takes a back seat for nobody, and he is not going away, sure he is the past, present and future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

2, things i'd say, 1. While hes got all the attributes, He's not great on the mic though, i cant see him out promo many people, and that could hold him back if he doesn't improve there but importantly

2. John Cena takes a back seat for nobody, and he is not going away, sure he is the past, present and future.

I think he can be good enough on the mic.He may not be the Rock standard but he will in time find his own.

He is being fed silly stuff at times which is no fault of his own.He needs to be allowed show his own personality more.His best promo by far was when he said the line "when Roman Reigns is in the house, you can guarantee that Cena sucks".

Cena can't wrestle the year long full time schedule forever.Age catches up with us all.Im sure we'll see Cena come and go over the years ala Flair and Hogan.Reigns can be top dog once Cena takes a "back seat" imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Is Lesnar around tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

KrFiWDt.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/554798597242642432

Hope the table is three sided or at least a round one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Contract signings are so absurdly overdone now.

Advertisement