Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term CCTV One Room

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thanks for the quote.
    Most of what its stating there would be covered in the system design proposal. After that lots of it is vague with guideline suggestions like should rather than must.It states the final objective would be involvement of the Guards, but where in that does it state you must inform An Garda Síochána prior to installation as you say here??

Think you missed my previous post.
    altor wrote: »
    Got on to them today and it has all being changed.
    Even she was surprised as she was under the same impression that the guards had to be informed from previous guide lines. Its not in there anymore.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't think its ever been changed, as it has never come up for me either working with the Guards or the PSA or EQA.
    If it was in previous legislation I'm sure there would be documentation to show that.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Webcam on a laptop or pc?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For what?

There is so many holes in the legislation anyway its unreal & in many cases, unworkable. I remember being at on seminar where the arguments actually got down to a PI asking what about evidence he collects on a camera or a phone etc. The answer was along the lines of if you are using the camera for work you must be licenced.
    Thats a lot of mobile phone users the PSA has to chase up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

No we have no other cameras in operation. This is a very small office with only a handful of people working there.

Can see why it would be necessary to tell staff alright. Might defeat the purpose though!!

Thanks for all the replies.

What ever you do I would seek advice before proceeding.
    Would you not consider installing overt cameras to prevent any further money going missing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement