Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Rescue 117 out of Waterford south of Kilmore Quay. Looks to be out with the RNLI boat from Kilmore Quay out with a fishing boat in some sort of difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Rescue 117 out of Waterford south of Kilmore Quay. Looks to be out with the RNLI boat from Kilmore Quay out with a fishing boat in some sort of difficulty.

dont see anything on either marine traffic or fr24? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

brembo26 wrote: »
    dont see anything on either marine traffic or fr24? :confused:

Can still see it on marine traffic. Was on Fr24 but now gone.

Edit: It's only around 10k off the coast.

Can still see it on marine traffic. Was on Fr24 but now gone.

must be something wrong my end so :(

Edit: It's only around 10k off the coast.

got it ;)

• Advertisement

anyway to listen to the marine rescue channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

UAL41 Rome - NY diverting to London now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

UAL41 Rome - NY diverting to London now ??

Yep.
    UA41 FCO-EWR is diverting to Heathrow atm, on the approach now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

A sikorsky S-92A registered G-CHCK squawked 7700 there just of the coast of Scotland, Hope all is ok with it as its disappeared of FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

arubex wrote: »

there was a callsign BOOBIES a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Bit busy in the holds at DUB

Shamrock on ground at DUB just phoning in to Lingus ops saying they have two serious technical issues, one noticed by pax not sure what they are sorry. But our own Mech1 is on a Lingus now and so far the delay has been over an hour despite the aircraft touching down with a small delay.

Fine lot of aircraft in the queue for take off at DUB ATM

fr336 wrote: »

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/passengers-shaken-after-touch-and-go-landing-at-dublin-airport-692017.html

Sometimes you'd wish you could just delete these stories. They should be fined for this as its causing people to be scared of air travel for no reason as go-arounds/touch and go's are completely normal, especially at DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Check out Cirrus Sr22 N122ZT departed Guernsey, just overhead Ardee, really weird routing. Not sure whats his destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Xpro wrote: »
    Check out Cirrus Sr22 N122ZT departed Guernsey, just overhead Ardee, really weird routing. Not sure whats his destination.

Not overly hectic. I wouldnt say no to spin in it though. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMaNhIKFuscCFQguGgodLisHzQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgreatflight.com%2Fcirrus%2F&ei=HAfXVcaPGIjcaK7WnOgM&psig=AFQjCNEfIf2Wz7MKvFRx-nhFJiN825vPaw&ust=1440241760827713

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Look like he was vectored around and under the flight path of r28 in Dublin. Couldn't have gone to the east of Dublin because he would be crossing the approach path for r28, looking at FR24 he routed out around trim so that he would be well under the departing traffic from Dublin. Nothing unusual about it.

Looking at the flight path if he had gone direct from Swansea up to Holyhead and across to Belfast the time spent over water would have been considerably longer, something that you want to avoid in a single engine. (Ballistic parachute or not :D)

Look like he was vectored around and under the flight path of r28 in Dublin. Couldn't have gone to the east of Dublin because he would be crossing the approach path for r28, looking at FR24 he routed out around trim so that he would be well under the departing traffic from Dublin. Nothing unusual about it.

Looking at the flight path if he had gone direct from Swansea up to Holyhead as across to Belfast the time spent over water would have been considerably longer, something that you want to avoid in a single engine. (Ballistic parachute or not :D)

Considering he was coming from Guernsey to Newtonards, I think it was a weird route. Dont know his plans , but you could say not an efficient route for sure.

He could have went direct to Holyhead and then across, very little in water distance, or he could have transited on the east side via Lambay, no problems.

I've done touring all over europe, water not being a problem, sure plane doesn't know your over it, and if you want to go places, you've got to do it:D

• Advertisement

Considering he was coming from Guernsey to Newtonards, I think it was a weird route. Dont know his plans , but you could say not an efficient route for sure.

He could have went direct to Holyhead and then across, very little in water distance, or he could have transited on the east side via Lambay, no problems.

I've done touring all over europe, water not being a problem, sure plane doesn't know your over it, and if you want to go places, you've got to do it:D

maybe he wanted to see the beautiful irish countryside :D

thats true that the plane doesnt know its over water, but murphys law and all that, im always glad to see land when coasting in in a single :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

With the way that ATC hold traffic these days, a VFR flight off the east coast is a nuisance, as they then have to hold the arriving traffic at higher levels to get the required separation, which then causes complications with the overflying departures, so using a west side route causes a lot less aggravation operationally.

Couldn't see the track on the system when I went in, what sort of height was it operating at?

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

With the way that ATC hold traffic these days, a VFR flight off the east coast is a nuisance, as they then have to hold the arriving traffic at higher levels to get the required separation, which then causes complications with the overflying departures, so using a west side route causes a lot less aggravation operationally.

Couldn't see the track on the system when I went in, what sort of height was it operating at?

2500ft.

Lambay can be done at 500ft for a couple of miles, no influence to arriving traffic, as you're well below the flight path. From my experience I've never had problem with that route nor was I rejected ever by ATC.

His route below, starting from Strumble VOR, all tough he originated from Guernsey.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=54.29622495823645,-5.541870106274519&chart=301&zoom=4&fpl=STU%205243N00614W%205314N00608W%205326N00659W%205400N00624W%205425N00537W%20EGAD

Laser warning in Dublin, a shamrock got a slight touch of it, pilot said it was from around the ballymun area.

Has there ever been an incident as a result of people shining lasers at aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Has there ever been an incident as a result of people shining lasers at aircraft?

http://avherald.com/h?search_term=Laser&opt=0&dosearch=1&search.x=0&search.y=0

Avherald has a few reported incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Any idea what was wrong in south Dublin last night when the garda chopper was hovering around the place for about an hour, hardly linked to the lasers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

AC825 diverting to Belfast now ??

AC825 diverting to Belfast now ??

I've been watching it, I'd say BFS is likely. Seems to be at 7,500ft now and holding that altitude.

• Advertisement

Whats EI549 doing at DUB?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement