Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last time you laughed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I read after hours every day.

There has to be at least one comment that will make you laugh out loud each day.

There are people here with super sharp wit and come out with great one liners. Waterford Whisper can be good as well.

WHen u go through a difficult birth and you experience something different to most mums, it can be hard to share and talk out the experience. I had an awful last birth, both of us ended up intensive care and it can take a while to get over that. I had issues with the baby so ended up throwing myself into looking after them.

You are probably exhausted looking after 2 little ones as well, it is hard work and when you are sleep deprived, your sense of humour goes out the window. try rest when they rest as much as you can, feck the housework and washing for a day or two and just spend time resting and cherishing your lovely babies. If anybody offers help, don't be shy take it!!

It might be no harm considering taking to someone professional just to talk through your experience. 4 months is too long not to laugh, you deserve a life with a bit of laughter in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's pretty much all your waking hours. It would be pretty difficult to keep that up all day.

Jesus, Mr.Analytical here. 50-70% of my time awake. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We watched the Wolf of Wall street last night, there are some hillarious bits in it where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Watching Sarah Millican doing stand-up on Comedy Central last night.
    She was doing a routine about not being broody but enjoying buying tiny tiny clothing. It was hysterical!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We watched the Wolf of Wall street last night, there are some hillarious bits in it where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

Cerebral Palsy stage 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I am currently watching The Office and even though I've seen this episode loads of times but the following line always has me in stitches:

"I think there's been a rape up there!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Newborns are hilarious, you're bound get a laugh out of them, ours is 16 days and makes us laugh every day. Perhaps speak to a professional?

In fairness, twins usually come early so have the complications associated with premature births. It's rarely straight-forward, and I doubt it's a laugh-a-minute while they're newborns. I think you're being a bit trigger-happy calling for the white coats! Parenthood might be very easy for you, but if there were two of them, it probably wouldn't be so chillaxed ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

McChubbin wrote: »
    Watching Sarah Millican doing stand-up on Comedy Central last night.
    She was doing a routine about not being broody but enjoying buying tiny tiny clothing. It was hysterical!
    Been watching Tig Notaro on youtube. Yah. packin my lil outfits. in my lil suitcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭worded

Check out the thread of the day about wedding gift request
    V funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

Do you like my user name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Just now, spit a mouthful of beer over the PC :D

The League of Gentlemen on in the background :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I laugh at my young fella (3) every day, he just cracks me up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Right, I suppose I should do something about it, Any comedy recommendations? . It's been a very difficult time for me. As others posters said, I've been raising twins by myself so not exactly a barrel of laughs but as they get older it is getting easier! I look forward to the next few years laughing at their antics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

cassid wrote: »
    I read after hours every day.

There has to be at least one comment that will make you laugh out loud each day.

There are people here with super sharp wit and come out with great one liners. Waterford Whisper can be good as well.

WHen u go through a difficult birth and you experience something different to most mums, it can be hard to share and talk out the experience. I had an awful last birth, both of us ended up intensive care and it can take a while to get over that. I had issues with the baby so ended up throwing myself into looking after them.

You are probably exhausted looking after 2 little ones as well, it is hard work and when you are sleep deprived, your sense of humour goes out the window. try rest when they rest as much as you can, feck the housework and washing for a day or two and just spend time resting and cherishing your lovely babies. If anybody offers help, don't be shy take it!!

It might be no harm considering taking to someone professional just to talk through your experience. 4 months is too long not to laugh, you deserve a life with a bit of laughter in it.

Sorry to hear you had a tramic birth. Mine went ok but there was issues afterwards which made me very ill. It was such a scary time for my family as they were unsure if I was going to make it or not. I bounced back very quickly though and I suppose I have completely downplayed the situation as its a very difficult thing to deal with your own mortality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

I've been making my way through every season of Peep Show again, a few episodes a day leaves me in a fit of heavy laughter followed by even heavier cringing. What a show :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Comedies nowadays are sh1te. The only good comedians around are Jack Dee and Sean Locke. And there's only so many times you can watch their shows before they too become unfunny. And babies are not funny, they're just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've been making my way through every season of Peep Show again, a few episodes a day leaves me in a fit of heavy laughter followed by even heavier cringing. What a show :D

Super Hans is one of the greatest comedy characters ever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭worded

Friends of friends or friends are not getting on with their neighbours

Anyway three slates came off their roof and bounced off their wall and then creased their neighbours car. No one injured. Hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Jesus, Mr.Analytical here. 50-70% of my time awake. :P
    That's still a sizable proportion of your day. I'm just trying to figure out if your jolly or crazy. Do you laugh maniacally whenever you see someone fall over? Is it like a compulsion that you can't stop laughing even if someone falls over?

Have you monitored how many hours of your day you actually laugh? This is serious business, it's no laughing matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

This is the last thing to make me laugh really hard.

NSFW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This cracked me up earlier while watching IT'll Be Alright On the Night:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No matter how many times I watch this clip, I cry with laughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

as bad as it may sound, its usually at the expense of others, nothing cheers me up more than watching a few homemade prank or you've been framed type videos on youtube :).

i've just finished this one, hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's still a sizable proportion of your day. I'm just trying to figure out if your jolly or crazy. Do you laugh maniacally whenever you see someone fall over? Is it like a compulsion that you can't stop laughing even if someone falls over?

Have you monitored how many hours of your day you actually laugh? This is serious business, it's no laughing matter.

Probably a mixture of both :D To add to it, I'm now laughing because of your last sentence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I watched Spinal Tap on Friday night. That movie always cracks me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Earlier, watching Friends when Joey was trying to find the hot girl in the apartment block and Ross kept opening the door :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

last time i laughed was when i read this joke

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

I watch Friends on Netflix every morning, I laugh at least once per episode. Great way to start the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Larianne wrote: »
    Cerebral Palsy stage 4?

Also, the Popeye spinach/cocaine scene.:D

Advertisement