Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last time you laughed?

Options
  • 11-01-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I realised today that it's been about 4 months since the last time I had a good laugh. Between giving birth to twins and dying once or twice, all the fun seems to have drained out of my life. So when was the last time you really laughed, and what was it at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I just watched the new episode of danger 5, if you can't laugh at that show then there's something wrong with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

4 months without laughing? :(
    You have to laugh or smile every day!

I realised today that it's been about 4 months since the last time I had a good laugh. Between giving birth to twins and dying once or twice, all the fun seems to have drained out of my life. So when was the last time you really laughed, and what was it at?

Aw, that's awful. I'm really sorry. :(

I laughed today at my nephew who was telling me about his Xmas on the phone.

" ...an, an, an, an, then there was a big thing and an X... an, an, an, an, then I went to a show with Y..... an, an, an, an on Xmas day Santa gave me a Z...." etc, etc, without so much as a breath drawn. I love kids and their excitement. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Watch an episode of The Inbetweeners. :)

I laugh everyday. Usually at myself, with my boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I've laughed loads reading Boards today. I laugh 70% of the time in work. Any night out with the girls or even just TRX i find something funny to laugh about. Crying is what i dont do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

I'm always laughing, watched Force Majeure last night, had a few bits in it that made me laugh in a way I haven't laughed since the last Lars Von Trier film.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Luckily, the dementia keeps me laughing fit. But in all seriousness, I spend usually 50-70% of my day laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm the same OP. I rarely laugh. I've been through a fair bit of **** of late but I'm hoping the fun side of me returns. I used to laugh a lot when I was younger but as I get old I am rarely made laugh or see reason to. I hope this changes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I watch reruns of friends and it always makes me laugh, always. I also find looking and listening to enda Kenny even when today he spoke in Paris in French ,that made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Newborns are hilarious, you're bound get a laugh out of them, ours is 16 days and makes us laugh every day. Perhaps speak to a professional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Luckily, the dementia keeps me laughing fit. But in all seriousness, I spend usually 50-70% of my day laughing.
    That's pretty much all your waking hours. It would be pretty difficult to keep that up all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

These threads really become more and more mundane by the day.

Whens the last time you picked your nose.

Whens the last time you scratched your arse.

So much internet.

So little to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clermont1098

So much internet.

So little to say.

A few threads about arses today.

So much internet.

So little to say.

And yet you felt the need to click in and comment? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Found an adult animated cartoon called "Brickleberry" last week, watched all 3 seasons in a couple of days, had me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Larianne wrote: »

I laugh everyday. Usually at myself, with my boyfriend.

This! I genuinely laugh out loud every day. My boyfriend and I have the same ridiculous sense of humour which has me double over laughing every day.

Life is so serious, it is really important to find the light and silly in it.

The best thing you can have as a person is the ability to make others laugh!

kfallon wrote: »
    The best thing you can have as a person is the ability to make others laugh!

Yeah but it's pants when others cant repay the favour. I dumped my last bf cause he had feck all craic in him. I made him laugh non stop he just made me angry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

This made me truly *lol* :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My husband promised me that he would always make me laugh and hasn't let me down yet!
    (Now sometimes this can really get on my tits but for the most part it's fantastic.)

Surround yourself with happy people OP and give yourself a break from being a mammy, even if it's only for one night out. It'll do you the world of good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

I found as i got older and started a new job a year and a half ago i hardly laugh at all. Hard to find a work blance when youre on autopilot all the week. Maybe i need a change in my job where i jump out of bed instead of crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Sorry to hear that, OP. I've gone through stages like that in my life and I hope you find your laughter back soon when things calm down for you - I'm sure you will.

Luckily for me, I laugh a lot with my boyfriend. We had a laugh about 5 minutes ago over something silly. He's very easy to make laugh and is not at all precious about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I laugh a lot. More than most people, to the point where my cheeks hurt and I'm crying and snorting. It's embarrassing but it makes me feel good

I laughed earlier at curb your enthusiasm. I've laughed more than usual today actually, didn't think I'd be doing much laughing after giving up the smokes.

Tilly wrote: »
    Yeah but it's pants when others cant repay the favour. I dumped my last bf cause he had feck all craic in him. I made him laugh non stop he just made me angry :mad:

Done the right thing there!
    The cruder the joke, the more I tend to laugh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Go onto Facebook and find a story about Justin Beiber and have a good laugh at the comments for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Every day. Either by my idiot friends or some random video on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Didn't find the film as a whole too amusing but I laughed heartily at this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Mum and I were in tears laughing at some old photos of ourselves today.

Havn't a clue why I wore some of the things I did. Fluorescent green coat and baggy lilac 3/4 lengths.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Watching It'll Be All Right on the Night presently. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Watching the latest QI (little and large)yesterday.

Advertisement