Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster smugglers back in Town

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

murphm45 wrote: »
    Ok you mightn't have a conviction bit how will you explain that massive gap in your CV history?

"Y'know I was just out of college and I was travelling in Australia, did my year and then decided to stay on a second year. I was WOOFing out in the Territories and then came back to Sydney where I was working as an Office temp for my other 6 months. Had a great time it was really and eye opening experience for me. I mean I did it once but I am passed that stage in my life now."

"The economy was so dead I couldnt think of anything but getting away to finding work in Ibiza. I worked at Bar work and club promotions, during the day I used to clean hotel rooms. But I didnt waste my time partying I keep all my qualification up to date with a UK open university and picked up a few new skills"

what day do I start, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I wanna go to jail for a few years. three square meal, no rent no need to go down to the post office to collect me social, or pay the TV Bill
    Then commit a serious crime so.
    finish that PhD I always wished I could do.
    Then they do the media circuit and claim all their back benefits.
    Wha?

Then commit a serious crime so.

Wha?

Actually I am kind of proud of not having a record. I know pride is one of the seven deadly sins but not a crime.

When she comes out ... she is going to be on the Late late, probably get €25k for that a book deal and the girls mags..... it all ads up. Just a matter of the right pubicist

Actually I am kind of proud of not having a record. I know pride is one of the seven deadly sins but not a crime.
    But you said you wanted prison life? What was the thing about the PhD too?
    When she comes out ... she is going to be on the Late late, probably get €25k for that a book deal and the girls mags..... it all ads up. Just a matter of the right pubicist
    Possibly. Shyte media outlets to blame there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Well my neighbour at home is a Prison officer and he says different. My old FCA buddy is another one ....

Nope
    as long as you dont come to Guards attention inside you will have a easy time.

Obviously if you come to the guards attention you will have a worse time than someone who does not. None of it is easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Good, fair play to her.

If it's an interesting story and people want to read it, what exactly is the problem?

She hasn't gotten away with anything, she'll have served her sentence.

But you said you wanted prison life? What was the thing about the PhD too?

We all have to make sacrifices in life ... I am giving up my chance to go to prison so I can keep a clean record. I will just have to wait until I can afford to pay for my Masters/Phd myself

People do PhDs in prison?

I'd be all for prisoners getting an education tbh - could improve their character/attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

We all have to make sacrifices in life ... I am giving up my chance to go to prison so I can keep a clean record. I will just have to wait until I can afford to pay for my Masters/Phd myself

Surely the good life in prison is worth more than any clean record.
    Its such a good life in there after all.

People do PhDs in prison?

I'd be all for prisoners getting an education tbh - could improve their character/attitude.

I would doubt many of them could complete level 5. But there are a few who with determination. how many hours can you watch Jeremy kyle for anyways?

Remember the General's mentality. "Its not them locking me in its me locking them out"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Look, if you want to make sure she doesn;t benefit from her crime... Don't buy papers headlining with her, don't buy magazines with her on the cover. Even if it's a paper/magazine you normally do buy. Change stations if she's being interviewed on radio, but make sure to email the station and tell them you've switched them off for the week. Same with TV. Don't be an audience for her. The media will only push what people want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,113 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Deenie123 wrote: »
    Look, if you want to make sure she doesn;t benefit from her crime... Don't buy papers headlining with her, don't buy magazines with her on the cover. Even if it's a paper/magazine you normally do buy. Change stations if she's being interviewed on radio, but make sure to email the station and tell them you've switched them off for the week. Same with TV. Don't be an audience for her. The media will only push what people want to see.

You mean, you want people to... think??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wanna go to jail for a few years.

Super. I've a list of things I need robbed and a list of people I need beaten up.

You do 'em, take the wrap - I get all the stuff and you get your precious holiday that you're after.

PM me dude.

There's a Kit-Kat in it for you.

you are a tight git..... two kit kats a star bar and bumper pack of tayto crisps and you are done... Plus you will also visit me once a week to hear all my gossip about what is is like inside....... We could write a book on Prison craft like...for survival in prison.....We are going to make a fortunte

Advertisement