Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamster smugglers back in Town

Options
  • 11-01-2015 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/drug-mule-michaella-gets-prison-transfer-to-the-north-30891345.html

I wanna go to jail for a few years. three square meal, no rent no need to go down to the post office to collect me social, or pay the TV Bill, finish that PhD I always wished I could do.

and people said you would never make it working as a porridge sales rep in some far flung part of the world. People saying that the Dept of Foreign Affairs dont give a toss. Well our own little Michaela has done us proud .... and she is off the white stuff apparently.

Great to see the Northern Ireland Taxpayers pick up the bill... oh wait that is London. Northern Irish Prison Service will be like Butlin compared to Peru only thye dont allow you keep pets in your cells in Peru

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How long before she's out and on the Late Late Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Give it about a week ..... 25k interview ...... either that or watch a joe duffy interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Nothing better to rant about on a Sunday night? Few beers man, be grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Was expecting a thread about Richard Gere visiting Dublin.

Leave Richard Gere alone I love Officer and a gentleman, and the Jackal and "things not to do when hamsters get stuck"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I would have stayed put and learned me some decent Spanish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Are you one of the few guys she turned down down in Ibiza?

Tugboats wrote: »
    Are you one of the few guys she turned down down in Ibiza?

Yes the other guy was Shane mc Gowan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Off with you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

hamster smug..cough...glers

tumblr_lrnfgszSvo1qf2sbfo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The Tiger Lillies have a lovely song about hamsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I like how Better Call Saul thanked the OP. Very fitting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

She is in NI, thankfully. Not going to cost us a penny in the RoI. Wouldn't surprise me if she gets out in a few months though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/drug-mule-michaella-gets-prison-transfer-to-the-north-30891345.html

I wanna go to jail for a few years. three square meal, no rent no need to go down to the post office to collect me social, or pay the TV Bill, finish that PhD I always wished I could do.

and people said you would never make it working as a porridge sales rep in some far flung part of the world. People saying that the Dept of Foreign Affairs dont give a toss. Well our own little Michaela has done us proud .... and she is off the white stuff apparently.

Great to see the Northern Ireland Taxpayers pick up the bill... oh wait that is London. Northern Irish Prison Service will be like Butlin compared to Peru only thye dont allow you keep pets in your cells in Peru

What in the good **** are you sh*ting on about?

Are you honestly suggestion that the loss of liberty and freedom and criminal conviction along with trial by media is a good deal, as they get fed in prison?

:rolleyes:

They have followed legal process, they have the right to repatriation.

nm wrote: »
    Are you honestly suggestion that the loss of liberty and freedom and criminal conviction along with trial by media is a good deal, as they get fed in prison?

They have followed legal process, they have the right to repatriation.

Well they will have no criminal record in Europe, they are costing the tax payer a fortune. Womens prison, low grade category, where the only thing softer than the guards are the pillows. Then they do the media circuit and claim all their back benefits. All home for tea and medals.

When they were planning on making a fortune reselling drugs why should they get repatriated. crime in Peru and jail in Peru.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Yeah, that's because you won't be getting any! I believe it's called job seekers allowance and as you're not available to work i don't think you'll qualify.

Anyway what are you going to do when you get? I can't imagine employers will be queuing around the block to hire a convicted criminal nor would I imagine trips to the country club, or even the local, would be much fun.

I'm not really sure if you're being facetious or not but if you are I'll tie my differing view to horses for course i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Well they will have no criminal record in Europe, they are costing the tax payer a fortune. Womens prison, low grade category, where the only thing softer than the guards are the pillows. Then they do the media circuit and claim all their back benefits. All home for tea and medals.

When they were planning on making a fortune reselling drugs why should they get repatriated. crime in Peru and jail in Peru.

I agree with this.

Christ, I must be getting old...

murphm45 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's because you won't be getting any! I believe it's called job seekers allowance and as you're not available to work i don't think you'll qualify.

Anyway what are you going to do when you get? I can't imagine employers will be queuing around the block to hire a convicted criminal nor would I imagine trips to the country club, or even the local, would be much fun.

I'm not really sure if you're being facetious or not but if you are I'll tie my differing view to horses for course i suppose.

No you do get s social welfare payment in prison....not job sekers though. Their criminal record is in Peru and it will never show up here except on the grape vine.
    Loads of lads get out with qualifactions in health and safety and PT trainers. Could come out with your full accountancy qualifications and then you could hang out with real crooks.

You're ignoring the part about the complete loss of liberty and freedom. Sort of the whole point of the punishment.
    In other words talking complete rubbish.
    No you do get s social welfare payment in prison....not job sekers though.

Rubbish again, or at least first I've heard of it. Link? Not sure about N.I but in the Republic as I'm aware prisoners can earn a total of €18 a week or so and that's for working, not social welfare.
    Loads of lads get out with qualifactions in health and safety and PT trainers. Could come out with your full accountancy qualifications and then you could hang out with real crooks.

So what?
    Are you against people trying to better themselves to give themselves a chance of getting a job once their term is over. If so, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No matter how tough prison gets, you'll always get some muppets reporting in the tabloids that it's a holiday camp. And some even bigger muppets believing it.

I always wonder why people who think it's so plush don't put their money where there mouth is and acutally do something that'll get them in there.

Won't cost us any extra - the guards are already there, the cell is already built - and we'll save the social they won't be picking up.

Win-win situation, skooter, eh?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

It's great to live in a world of mostly non judgementals.

The girl did stupid, got arrested in a place i wouldn't voluntarily visit and has had her freedom removed, trial by computer jockeys and fir the rest of her life, is just a mouse click away from anyone knowing everything about her.
    I wouldn't begrudge her prison in NI.

Liberty is very expensive. its cost from getting up in the morning to going to bed at night. Everything they get paid for.

I am against it ...... when honest students are bursting themselves and scrimping and scraping these two clowns are out wheeling and dealing. They have no criminal record over here. €18 a week mounts up over time. When college students get out they are loaded with debt, most of them. These chumps are getting off scott free in comparison

Liberty is very expensive. its cost from getting up in the morning to going to bed at night. Everything they get paid for.

I am against it ...... when honest students are bursting themselves and scrimping and scraping these two clowns are out wheeling and dealing. They have no criminal record over here. €18 a week mounts up over time. When college students get out they are loaded with debt, most of them. These chumps are getting off scott free in comparison

You are suggesting that going to prison is preferable to going to college? Students have it harder than prisoners?

Cuckoo

I'm actually wondering now if you're trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Forbidden from being with the opposite sex in any way, only see any friends and family for 30 minutes stints on occasions, do what you're told, when you're told, at all times, 16 hours plus a day confined to a box room, surrounded constantly by lads, who, not to put to fine a point on it, may break many of your bones if you bump into them by mistake, again and again and again and again, day in, day out over and over and over again... and the list goes on.

Do you really wanna? Really? All for the joy of not having to pay for your TV or the food that's put in front of you? I think you don't wanna somehow. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Like I said - if you want to live happily earning less than a grand a year, why are you still out here yapping to us?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

No you do get s social welfare payment in prison....not job sekers though. Their criminal record is in Peru and it will never show up here except on the grape vine.

Ehhh this seems to suggest otherwise

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/jail-scam-prisoners-claiming-welfare-while-behind-bars-26744506.html

Ok you mightn't have a conviction bit how will you explain that massive gap in your CV history?

Us guys from working class and social welfare homes have to diet of noodles and porridge. In Prison they get a full Irish.
    We have convince the credit Union to loan us money for college and get by while try and live off less than 10000 a year.
    Student accomodation is abysmal in the private sector with mould, low ber ratings and poor bathroom facilities.
    I am fairly certain Prisons are review by a professional body. Amnesty International are always crying about how disgraceful Prisons are in the republic.
    Some students dont even have 18 Euro at the end of the week.

Yeah it sounds Cockoo alright but its true. At the end of a lenghty sentence the Prisoner comes out into the world with a qualification Debt free ready to start again. The Student comes out with Debts, has to find money to get a flat, job and pay back those debts supposing they chose something sensible to study

Us guys from working class and social welfare homes have to diet of noodles and porridge. In Prison they get a full Irish.

Please stop posting complete and utter bollox. They do not, they only get a fry on Christmas day.
    We have convince the credit Union to loan us money for college and get by while try and live off less than 10000 a year.
    Student accomodation is abysmal in the private sector with mould, low ber ratings and poor bathroom facilities.
    I am fairly certain Prisons are review by a professional body. Amnesty International are always crying about how disgraceful Prisons are in the republic.
    Some students dont even have 18 Euro at the end of the week.

Yeah it sounds Cockoo alright but its true. At the end of a lenghty sentence the Prisoner comes out into the world with a qualification Debt free ready to start again. The Student comes out with Debts, has to find money to get a flat, job and pay back those debts supposing they chose something sensible to study

This is too ridiculous to even bother arguing. As another poster suggested, why don't you head off to Mountjoy Prison then for an easy life? See how that works out for you.

nm wrote: »
    Please stop posting complete and utter bollox. They do not, they only get a fry on Christmas day.

Well my neighbour at home is a Prison officer and he says different. My old FCA buddy is another one .... as long as you dont come to Guards attention inside you will have a easy time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

If she does get out early, fair play to her for beating the system.

Advertisement