Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUNDAY JANUARY 11TH

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

borntobywild in my opinion had the shout of the day. What a call! A pint or two had turned into a Sunday sesh. cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Racing is generally crap today, but strangely I have lots picked out for today. Even stranger, best prices are with Paddy Power. Doing as small singles and various combinations. Do me a favour and don't even ask.

1:00 Punch - Officieux
    2:40 Kelso - Snuker
    3:10 Kelso - Medicine Hat
    1:20 Chelm - Pin Up

Top drawer Francie hope you had a good few quid one, the drift on Medicine Hat looked ominous but hopefully you had BOG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    borntobywild in my opinion had the shout of the day. What a call! A pint or two had turned into a Sunday sesh. cheers lads

Trouble is it was a long time coming. My consistency shocking of late as I just don't put the time and effort in compared to others on here. But that pick I'm proud of, I put some time into looking at that card.:)

Invigilator 25-1 3.50
    I like ew
    Good record over distance and surface.
    I think it can place in what's a weak race.

Great shout too Toby, didnt see it but hope you did well out of it. Had to go to a kids birthday party, ffs.

Could have done with it, landed a small double on flat today but luckless since NH started again.

Instead of squandering the cash from the double I got some more cash on Cue Card and Rock on Ruby.

Time to start studying for Cheltenham....

Trouble is it was a long time coming. My consistency shocking of late as I just don't put the time and effort in compared to others on here. But that pick I'm proud of, I put some time into looking at that card.:)

Lack of time is my big problem too, home from work to stop a very active 19 month old from wrecking the house and/or himself and trying to tech myself java!

• Advertisement

Lack of time is my big problem too, home from work to stop a very active 19 month old from wrecking the house and/or himself and trying to tech myself java!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sword1 wrote: »
    Francie is either out celebrating or has been kidnapped by paddy power
    :pac:

Did very well today, but I doubt Paddy Power have a hit out on me. Had the 4th selection came up, I would have won €5k or so as I had a €2 4-fold going :rolleyes: Not complaining though, have won enough over the last week to take the missus on holidays. Not bad going for about €40 worth of bets I've had over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Well done to the poster who picked mallowney.it goes to show how shocking the ground was it was not heavy but holding which is worse for good actioned horses like au quart
    de

tour.he quickened off a poor pace on that ground on a stiff track against really fancied Elliot horse who could not live with him and was then eased to finish to third.time will tell.I was there and talked to numerous jockeys and they said "horrible ground".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

F**k, been watching Mallowney for a while now, but completely missed him today. Raging, but fair play to those of you who had him backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

convert wrote: »
    F**k, been watching Mallowney for a while now, but completely missed him today. Raging, but fair play to those of you who had him backed.

Local trained horse and have a leg of one out with Tim myself, wasn't massively fancied today either but my god was he impressive, travelled a dream and was winner all over turning for home. Made bits of that field and gave weight away to them all bar one!

Next stop Punchestown and maybe Aintree on the cards then.

PS. Well done YoungKhalifa btw on picking out one of the easiest winners of the day at a price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm disappointed Mallowney isn't going to Cheltenham. Took the 50/1 for the QMCC a few weeks back on the word of Andrew McNamara. Thought he was a bit underrated at the time myself and figured it was worth the punt at the price. I guess the chance that he wouldn't go at all was factored into that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nulty wrote: »
    I'm disappointed Mallowney isn't going to Cheltenham. Took the 50/1 for the QMCC a few weeks back on the word of Andrew McNamara. Thought he was a bit underrated at the time myself and figured it was worth the punt at the price. I guess the chance that he wouldn't go at all was factored into that price.

I'm only going on word around today now and past while, but doesn't seem likely now.

Disappointed myself as love to see him go, a horse that gave me some great days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Superb performance and so visually impressive on the eye but let's be honest, the horses quirks when coming off the bridle really wouldn't instil any confidence if going to Cheltenham. I think they are doing right by bypassing the festival(which isn't the be all and end all!).

Advertisement