Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUNDAY JANUARY 11TH

Options
  • 10-01-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

14.30 FAIRYHOUSE

MALLOWNEY

I have been watching this one for a while now. Relishes the heavy ground and this trip. Extremely unlucky not to score two starts ago when beaten a nose by Felix Younger. Outclassed but by no means disgraced in a Grade 1 over the Christmas, six lengths behind Bright New Dawn. Bright New Dawn is the obvious danger having previously beaten Mallowney in a Grade 2 last year but hopefully he can turn that form around. Either way he's in for a big each way shout at 8/1. Davey Russell back on board this time is a big plus too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

WHILE WE'RE WRITING IN CAPS

LOYALTY IS SERIOUSLY WELL HANDICAPPED IN THE SECOND LAST AT CHELMSFORD CITY. 16/1 STAND OUT PRICE HE LOOKS MORE LIKE A 10/1 SHOT ON HIS LOWEST EVER MARK. EVEN IF TOMORROW ISN'T THE DAY KEEP AN EYE ON HIM HE COULD STRIKE SOON.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

That's a mistake it's not his lowest ever mark, his lowest since entering handicaps in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Best bet of the day has to be Legal Exit in the 3:00 at Fairyhouse. Trainer Jim Colloty has had to keep this one held back to try and get it a 2m beginners chase due to possible wind issues with this horse. Was well beaten last time out by Un De Sceaux and smashed by Smashing, but I don't see it being up against any horses of that kind of calibre today, unless the Willie Mullins runner shows an about turn in form, this horse really should have the run of this race. 9/2 best price this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Racing is generally crap today, but strangely I have lots picked out for today. Even stranger, best prices are with Paddy Power. Doing as small singles and various combinations. Do me a favour and don't even ask.

1:00 Punch - Officieux
    2:40 Kelso - Snuker
    3:10 Kelso - Medicine Hat
    1:20 Chelm - Pin Up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Abbey Lane looks like a plot to me....

or maybe a donkey. I'll take a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Best bet of the day has to be Legal Exit in the 3:00 at Fairyhouse. Trainer Jim Colloty has had to keep this one held back to try and get it a 2m beginners chase due to possible wind issues with this horse. Was well beaten last time out by Un De Sceaux and smashed by Smashing, but I don't see it being up against any horses of that kind of calibre today, unless the Willie Mullins runner shows an about turn in form, this horse really should have the run of this race. 9/2 best price this morning.

Agree. Have been watching him for a while. Great chance today. Think he could be fairly useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

going with anastazia in the next at Chelmsford. been a lively day big racing there so far

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Daves Stamper in the next at Fairyhouse looks to have a chance. First time hood and back over a shorter trip makes him a fair enough e-way for me @ 8/1

hawkhead wrote: »
    Daves Stamper in the next at Fairyhouse looks to have a chance. First time hood and back over a shorter trip makes him a fair enough e-way for me @ 8/1

Was given a peculiar ride by Benson. Had him in a nice position on the rail just behind the leaders when down the back straight he allowed the horse to be shuffled right back through the pack, pulled him to the outside and stayed on to be 5th .

Strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Royal BAJAN 14-1
    I LIKE EW.

Keep Swingin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

hawkhead wrote: »
    Was given a peculiar ride by Benson. Had him in a nice position on the rail just behind the leaders when down the back straight he allowed the horse to be shuffled right back through the pack, pulled him to the outside and stayed on to be 5th .

Strange one

Yeah he was outpaced and then stayed on, nothing strange about that.
    Had him backed too btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

14.30 FAIRYHOUSE

MALLOWNEY

I have been watching this one for a while now. Relishes the heavy ground and this trip. Extremely unlucky not to score two starts ago when beaten a nose by Felix Younger. Outclassed but by no means disgraced in a Grade 1 over the Christmas, six lengths behind Bright New Dawn. Bright New Dawn is the obvious danger having previously beaten Mallowney in a Grade 2 last year but hopefully he can turn that form around. Either way he's in for a big each way shout at 8/1. Davey Russell back on board this time is a big plus too.

What a shout, thanks very much mate!!!

14.30 FAIRYHOUSE

MALLOWNEY

great Pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Great pick. BND a massive disappointment yet again though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ballyreesode in the next at Kelso, son of trainer taking 7lbs off, not too much weight on his back and the ground and trip shouldnt be a problem.

Yeah he was outpaced and then stayed on, nothing strange about that.
    Had him backed too btw...

I'll have to look at it again. I thought he gave up his position all to easily

francie the gods must be looking down on you. thought snuker was out of It until the favourite fell. happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,684 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Invigilator 25-1 3.50
    I like ew
    Good record over distance and surface.
    I think it can place in what's a weak race.

Mallowney not going Cheltenham. Punchestown the aim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Interesting to see how Stanley goes here at Kelso. 2m2f for a first time over this distance on heavy ground is a big ask for an ex-flat horse. They paid a few quid for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Racing is generally crap today, but strangely I have lots picked out for today. Even stranger, best prices are with Paddy Power. Doing as small singles and various combinations. Do me a favour and don't even ask.

That was funny. Medicine Hat wanted it more. Well done Francie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Well done, medicine hat went off 14/1,presume you are after a big day, great picking

I said I was off the drink till February but I'm gonna have a sneaky one thanks to francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Great pick. BND a massive disappointment yet again though

Didn't see the race but i wasn't surprised he was beaten. I knownhes beat Mallowney over this trip previously but i still think Bnd needs at least 2 mile 4 to show his best. Expect him to improve again up in trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Stuck 20 quid in my PPs account this morning as I was knocking about the house with little else to do only watching racing. Said I'd follow this thread for the craic, and it's now over 150 quid in it. Thanks lads, great picking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Francie ur on the verge of having to be followed blind. That puts u up there with the holy trinity of aidan, rossom, and PC.

Super super stuff. The only one I was on was legal exit unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Invigilator 25-1 3.50
    I like ew

Lads this day couldn't get any better.... Someone give me me the winner in the bumper in fairyhouse and I'll give up betting forever

Didn't see the race but i wasn't surprised he was beaten. I knownhes beat Mallowney over this trip previously but i still think Bnd needs at least 2 mile 4 to show his best. Expect him to improve again up in trip.

I've been a massive fan of the horse, he's just a picture to look at, but jumped poorer then usual today regardless of any distance concerns and I just couldn't trust him in a proper, competitive race.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

Invigilator 25-1 3.50
    I like ew

Wow, made my day! Thanks BTBW:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Francie is either out celebrating or has been kidnapped by paddy power

Advertisement