Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Independent free flights

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Anybody get their flight offers back from Sweetie?
    Nearly 2 weeks and I still haven't heard a thing from the company?

Did you hear anything? I never heard a thing after posting off the voucher....

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

gandroid wrote: »
    Did you hear anything? I never heard a thing after posting off the voucher....

My MIL collected these two years ago & last year, told her not to bother this year. Got the forms back, sent them off, coming up to the end of the third month we'd chosen for dates and nothing from Sweetie. So I rang them & was told we'd been allocated dates for the first month we'd chosen & they'd contacted us but we refused them!!! Told her that no one had been in contact. She said she'd look into it & get back to me. Never heard a peep. It's all a gimmick to get the circulation figures up. If a few people actually get flights, they're still covered by how much extra they've taken in sales of papers :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Its a scam. I am very disappointed at Sweete.ie over this.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

It's a joke of a promo.

Applied for 3 different flights Dublin to London, send everything off in time etc.
    Jan, Feb and March, each leaving on a Friday, nothing special about the dates for a weekend.
    After hearing nothing, contacted them via email, heard nothing and then got a phone call in mid December to say they could supply the 3rd flight.
    Had waited so long, I had already booked a flight myself with Ryanair in Jan.
    I'm guessing they will only supply flights that are cheap for them to buy.
    A friend had also sent the tokens off and never received any call from Sweete.

I was tempted to contact The Indo regarding their claim "Free Flights" as you have to send them 2 sae envelopes so not "free".
    Thankfully I got the tokens from work papers so didn't have to buy the rag but never again.
    Stay well away.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

My MIL collected these two years ago & last year, told her not to bother this year. Got the forms back, sent them off, coming up to the end of the third month we'd chosen for dates and nothing from Sweetie

Company doing the promotion is sweete and not sweetie who I had to
    apologise to after sending them a mail in error.
    Lady said it wasn't the 1st time they had got emails about them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement