Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niall breslin

Options
  • 10-01-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

What's your opinion, a worthy role model or hyped up annoying, smug pratt?

Cue the 'who's he' replies..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He's a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Who's he?

Genuinely. I was going to look him up but as you left the door open...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ahh he's harmless . I dunno why he engenders such spite tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Is he banging? Must be frustrating that all the One Direction fans are underage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I actually have no idea who he is. Googling has turned up some bressie guy I have heard mentioned by one or 2 people.

Why would he be a role model?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OK. Looked him up. No opinion, I'm afraid.

Exits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

OK. Looked him up. No opinion, I'm afraid.

Exits.
    Done the same, never heard of him, seems to be a Daniel O'Donnell type character, no opinion here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Blizzards were ridiculously underrated imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Lisha wrote: »
    Ahh he's harmless . I dunno why he engenders such spite tbh.

Likewise. He should be commended for his honesty on the struggles he has experienced with depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Seems a nice guy I think why people (mostly male) can't stand him is because on every episode of The Voice RTE keep telling us how good looking he is, how much the girls love him, he's a ride, etc even dedicating sections of the show towards it and asking the female contestants on the show how good looking is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Aidric wrote: »
    Likewise. He should be commended for his honesty on the struggles he has experienced with depression.

Yes we are always quick to say that mental health issues are nothing to be ashamed of and should be talked freely about. Then Niall Breslin does and gets pilloried for it. .
    Bressie has been successful in 2 different fields and uses his popularity to speak to a large and often young demographic about mental health issues.
    If you don't like him , turn off the tv or radio station . I see No need to mock him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Aidric wrote: »

True, but I wonder is it to keep him in the limelight? I struggle with depression and have donefor years but I don't tell all and sundry, not because I'm not brave..but because I don't feel my problems are any more important than other peoples'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

<Wiki>

Niall Breslin (born 22 October 1980), known as Bressie, is an Irish musician and former Westmeath Gaelic footballer and Leinster Rugby player. Breslin found success as the lead singer, guitarist and songwriter with pop band The Blizzards, as a co-writer and producer with XIX Entertainment and as a solo artist. He was the winning coach on the first and third seasons of The Voice of Ireland.

Recently noted for his speech on depression:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Really dragging out his depression. Theres an article every week talking about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

connundrum wrote: »
    <Wiki>

Niall Breslin (born 22 October 1980), known as Bressie, is an Irish musician and former Westmeath Gaelic footballer and Leinster Rugby player. Breslin found success as the lead singer, guitarist and songwriter with pop band The Blizzards, as a co-writer and producer with XIX Entertainment and as a solo artist. He was the winning coach on the first and third seasons of The Voice of Ireland.

Recently noted for his speech on depression:

using the topic of depression to sell a few cds:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Don't know any of his music, doubt I'd want to. Don't want to hear his opinions on music, either on that TV show or in general, but I rarely watch RTE so that's not a problem either.

What I do admire and appreciate about him is his involvement in mental health awareness.

For that alone, I say fair f*cks to him and wish him all the success in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Roanmore wrote: »
    Seems a nice guy I think why people (mostly male) can't stand him is because on every episode of The Voice RTE keep telling us how good looking he is, how much the girls love him, he's a ride, etc even dedicating sections of the show towards it and asking the female contestants on the show how good looking is he?

I don't think you understand males very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

lufties wrote: »
    True, but I wonder is it to keep him in the limelight? I struggle with depression and have donefor years but I don't tell all and sundry, not because I'm not brave..but because I don't feel my problems are any more important than other peoples'.

Ah that's harsh and in no way is that his motive imo. The main problem with depression is that not enough people speak out. Using his public profile to do so can only be a good thing.

Really dragging out his depression. Theres an article every week talking about it.

That's a good thing.
    Tugboats wrote: »
    using the topic of depression to sell a few cds:o

Harsh. And untrue. He'd be making money regardless of his involvement in that topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I have never seen him before. There are loads of 'famous' people these days it's hard to remember them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

It is annoying though the way they keep it up, this is the fourth season and they're still at it.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I have never seen him before. There are loads of 'famous' people these days it's hard to remember them all.

Agreed, far too many. I didn't know his name was Niall before this thread, if that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Roanmore wrote: »
    It is annoying though the way they keep it up, this is the fourth season and they're still at it.

Lets face it, the blizzards were very average, he was/is a good rugby player but so is leo cullen.

He's basically famous for his looks and rte know how to use this to boost the ratings of a **** tv show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Who is he?

Heard of his name but haven't a clue who he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Oddly enough, I don't think that's how guys see other good looking guys at all. The 'I hate her - she's good looking!' bitchy complex is definitely more of a narrow % of women type thing.

There's a lot of marketing-related psychological research that shows guys will be more likely to identify with and buy products from a good looking bloke than an ugly one. So, 'rideyness' can actually be a positive thing in how you're perceived, even by other heterosexual men. They just won't necessarily admit that as they pretend that all lads look like grey concrete to them in case you might think they're gay.

The good looking sports legend tends to get idolised by other males, not hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The Blizzards were ridiculously underrated imo.

No they weren't...they were sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

lufties wrote: »
    What's your opinion, a worthy role model or hyped up annoying, smug pratt?

Cue the 'who's he' replies..
    Are you him?

*your a ride lol, spit on meeee k bye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

mfceiling wrote: »
    No they weren't...they were sh*te
    As bad as Kerbdog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Aren't 99% of popular bands totally overrated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

99% of popular bands nowadays are over-rated. I don't think there's anyone out there at the moment whose music will be listened to in 50 years time.

Advertisement