Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday the 10th Janurary

Options
  • 09-01-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I have backed Shotovodka in the Lanzarote. Back down to a mark he can be competitive off on ground that suits think he could run a big race at 25/1. 1pt ew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hawkes Point, Hawkes Point, Hawkes Point!

Really sweet on this one, backed it earlier in the week at 12/1, has come in a shade to 10/ 1. This one has floundered a bit in the mud and seemed to just hate the conditions recently in the Welsh National, despite it coming 2nd in a very similar race to that the year before. Horse has had 6lbs knocked off its handicap mark and is out again in the Betfred classic tomorrow. Perhaps not quite good to be a National horse, I think this one has a great crack at one of the more minor handicap chases, and tomorrow should see it being competitive.

1:00 at Kempton looks to be a two horse race if there ever was. Ostland has no business in this race and Lost Legend and Key To The West surely stand no chance as long as at least one of the two co-favourites don't mess up. Going to give the nod to Cocktails At Dawn at 13/8 though. Cold March could very well turn out to be a nice horse, but Cocktails At Dawn has got a win over this kind of distance at Kempton before (albeit over hurdles) and look very good last time out before falling while looking very competitive. Horse has been erratic since being switched to fences, but should it get the hang of jumping, I simply can't see it being beaten, given the class and experience that it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

12.40 Punchestown Busty Brown 1pt e/w at 9/2

The Mullins horse Jarry D'honneur jumped well last time out but went from travelling to cutting out quite quickly may have been fitness but at 2/1 ill leave alone even if i do see him as the most likely winner, Apache Jack is probably the best horse in the race but never jumped a fence in public so 13/8 i cant take, Bishops Road finished behind the Mullins horse last time out, threw in a few hairy jumps too, cant see him reversing form. So after that spiel! Im going to take a chance on the experience of Busty Brown, stays well jumps ok, has limitations and vulnerable to a good newcomer, but he has run into a few decent ones solid e/w bet and if the favs fail to sparkle he might just nick the race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

2 for me tomorrow to overturn my worst patch ever..
    Midnight appeal at kempton 3 miles. Down to a weight he could put a fair distance between the others and him.
    Deputy Dan at Warwick..
    Short and sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Deputy Dan @ 10/3 has to be a bet a Warick tomorrow. Class horse in race, will love the ground and first time back at 3m since his Albert Bartlett 2nd. Jumping has been sketchy but thought he ran very well having been wide whole way round over an inadequate trip lto

• Advertisement

1:00 at Kempton looks to be a two horse race if there ever was. Ostland has no business in this race and Lost Legend and Key To The West surely stand no chance as long as at least one of the two co-favourites don't mess up. Going to give the nod to Cocktails At Dawn at 13/8 though. Cold March could very well turn out to be a nice horse, but Cocktails At Dawn has got a win over this kind of distance at Kempton before (albeit over hurdles) and look very good last time out before falling while looking very competitive. Horse has been erratic since being switched to fences, but should it get the hang of jumping, I simply can't see it being beaten, given the class and experience that it has.
    FYI - Money back if a faller (Paddy Power)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My pick in the syndicate tomorrow.

I'm between Shantou Bob evs at 3.00 & Big Baz 7/2 at 2.35

Kingscourt Native might be a decent bet with money back on fallers

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

ste2010 wrote: »
    2 for me tomorrow to overturn my worst patch ever..
    Midnight appeal at kempton 3 miles. Down to a weight he could put a fair distance between the others and him.
    Deputy Dan at Warwick..
    Short and sweet

Like these and deputy Dan. I'll do singles and a Trixie.

I fancy fox Norton to do balder sucess based on his good novice form but I won't be backing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Hawkes Point, Hawkes Point, Hawkes Point!

Really sweet on this one, backed it earlier in the week at 12/1, has come in a shade to 10/ 1. This one has floundered a bit in the mud and seemed to just hate the conditions recently in the Welsh National, despite it coming 2nd in a very similar race to that the year before. Horse has had 6lbs knocked off its handicap mark and is out again in the Betfred classic tomorrow. Perhaps not quite good to be a National horse, I think this one has a great crack at one of the more minor handicap chases, and tomorrow should see it being competitive.

Seem to be picking the same horse as you quite alot lately francie with the exception being last night:( jolly good show . First instinct was hawkes point but the more i look at the race im really sweet on theatrical star maybe the 12s available now has swayed the opinion even more but this horse looks a fantastic ew bet maybe a rev forcast is the best idea.

Just noticed first time blinkers on Hawkes Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I have backed profile star at Lingfield @13/2. Think this has a great chance over this trip n down the weights.
    2 pts win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

Gone for 2 bets today. Deputy Dan in the 1 55 and Sixty Something in the 3 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

2 bets : Hello George and Hawkes Point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Micheál Nolan just rode a winner at wetherby 1.10 and is booked to ride a 40/1 shot in the bumper at Warwick. Can't be done according to google maps but will have a small e/w just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Lujeanie looks to be in off a nice mark in the 1-30 at Lingfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I have backed profile star at Lingfield @13/2. Think this has a great chance over this trip n down the weights.
    2 pts win.

One for the tracker. Drifted like a barge ran well n not ridden to win. Would be v interested the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Looking forward to seeing Douvan today. very impressive in his first run.

Jesus I knew Deputy Dans jumping was poor but that was shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Jesus I knew Deputy Dans jumping was poor but that was shocking!

Yep was really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Balder Success is a much better animal over 2 1/2 miles. Has to be Ryanair bound now. Terrific round of jumping from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Douvan looks a serious prospect.

• Advertisement

Easy is not even the word for that. Looks a beast!

Johner wrote: »
    Douvan looks a serious prospect.

Very slick over his hurdles as well. The Supreme is going to be a great race with him and L'Ami Serge

Another McManus plot job landed under a featherweight :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Jonjo with a 116/1 double...

Douvan best price 7/2 for the Supreme now

Every week I keep saying how well Lizzie Kelly is running, but yet continuously ignore her!

Scudamore didn't try a tap on Dell Arca there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

you're quickly becoming the king of the tipsters on here Francie. I'd like to see you added to the ledgends of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

going for a punt on Al alfa in the 3.15 kempton looks good on this ground and could pull off a surprise win here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Is it just me or is it awfully hard to find a winner today.:(

Advertisement