Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can be found in the Valuation Office Archives?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

I have viewed perambulation books on microfilm at the NAI, but I do not know how many survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

tabbey wrote: »
    I have viewed perambulation books on microfilm at the NAI, but I do not know how many survive.

Thanks i will contact the Valuation office and ask them to do a search so and see what they come up with. Anyone got a link to a good guide as to the basis for land and "measures" valuations for houses.
    I have read the following links -

General Note
    Field Books
    House Books
    Tenure Books
    Quarto Books

From here-

http://census.nationalarchives.ie/search/vob/home.jsp

However something more detailed than it would be great.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Thanks i will contact the Valuation office and ask them to do a search

http://census.nationalarchives.ie/search/vob/home.jsp

The VO do not have perambulation books, as they are in the NAI on microfilm.

You go to the VO for the revision books, sometime known as the "cancelled" books.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi again,

Anyone know the time frame for getting documents in the post after paying online?
    Its been 3 weeks so far.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Eve222

Hi again,

Anyone know the time frame for getting documents in the post after paying online?
    Its been 3 weeks so far.
    Thanks

When I ordered on line it was six weeks before I received the documents, but well worth the wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement