Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Man NXT was so great this week due to the Kidd/Balor opener and Neville/Zayn main event.

Balor was SO on point in this match. His best in NXT so far by far. Timing, execution of moves and selling. I wasn't mad about his selling in his NXT TV tag match against The Ascension when he was playing babyface in peril.

Dempsey/Corbin was what it was. The Women's tag was a disappointment due to the time it got and the match being a step back for Becky as she is still in the role of taking all abuse from the babyfaces. Just Bank's human shield. Following people at the show on the night given me the impression that Becky was surpassing Sasha in the pecking order. Alas.

Neville/Zayn was another great match in their series. They are still keeping it fresh mainly due to Zayn being so good at telling stories in his matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will tune in later. Was worried how they'd squeeze that all into one hour so looks like the ladies took the hit.

Will tune in later. Was worried how they'd squeeze that all into one hour so looks like the ladies took the hit.

They did but it was for a greater good IMO given the quality of opener and main event.

There's a photo from the taping of Becky standing over Charlotte doing the Flair strut outside of the ring. Guess it was edited out.

Glad Tyson and Finn got the match they always seem to have wanted together. Kidd's New Japan fandom is bit more overt these days with his team with Cesaro but a couple of years ago you would see him tweet Japanese tape traders buying shows and talking about/to Devitt. They took this picture backstage in Dublin November 2012 I think:

IXwPjn2.jpg

Nattie and Becky mixing it up on the same show as that is one of those crazy coincidences in life:

B7WqrX0IgAAWMoD.png

Katie Lea Burchill and TNA's Sarita are the other two people in the picture taken on a tour of Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It was a pretty good episode, but I felt that it kind of died a bit the further on it went. I was delighted to see the Devitt vs. Tyson Kidd match, it was quite an impressive showing for the 2 of them. I wish that Tyson Kidd had had someone like that to work with a few years ago. Sasha Banks has really grown on me over the last number of months, and I think in the long run Becky will benefit from being with her. They could have Sasha win the championship from Charlotte and then feud with Becky. Am I the only person who prefers PAC?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

The knowledge on this forum is phenomenal, great photos rovert!

Full set of tapings tonight.

Next Takeover special due for mid-march.

Full set of tapings tonight.

Zayn vs Neville vs Steen and Balor/Itami vs Kidd/Cesaro are the rumoured matches.

rovert wrote: »
    Zayn vs Neville vs Steen and Balor/Itami vs Kidd/Cesaro are the rumoured matches.
    For tonight or the next Takeover?

For tonight or the next Takeover?

Next Takeover.

• Advertisement

Next Takeover.

A bit disappointed if Fergal doesn't have a singles feud for the next special. If this doesn't lead to him turning on Itami then I'll be freaked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Blue Pants has been repackaged......:pac:

B62mHpoCMAAuOw7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,420 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched fin balor and his match with Tyson Kidd and he's unreal. Everything he did seems like it was done for the right reason if that makes sense. If there is any justice he is going to be huge in wwe.

Blue Pants has been repackaged......:pac:

B62mHpoCMAAuOw7.jpg

Duh duh duh duhhhhhh! I walk allooooooone!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really? I thought the next special was mid February.

Apologies, it's Feb 11th. :)

• Advertisement

Full spoilers here for the next four shows. Looks unreal!
    * Solomon Crowe defeated Jason Jordan in the dark match.

January 21st:

* William Regal announces the next Takeover special for February 11th. A tournament will be held to determine Sami Zayn's opponent for the NXT Title. Tye Dillinger comes out as does Sami, who beats Tye down before the bell. This leads to a promo between Sami and Regal. Sami begs to fight Kevin Owens right now. Sami says he will face the #1 contender whenever but he wants Owens. Regal makes Owens vs. Sami for Takeover.

* Finn Balor defeated Curtis Axel in a tournament match.

* Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte ended in a DQ when Becky Lynch hit the ring. Bayley made the save but Charlotte snatched her belt, which upset Bayley. Bayley laid out Charlotte.

* Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy defeated The Vaudevillians.

* Hideo Itami defeated Tyler Breeze with a kick in a great tournament match.

January 28th:

* Adrian Neville defeated Tyson Kidd in a tournament match with Red Arrow.

* Baron Corbin defeated Bull Dempsey in a tournament match.

* Charlotte and Bayley vs. Sasha Banks and Becky ended when Bayley and Charlotte started fighting each other.

* Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy defeated Sin Cara and Kalisto to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions.

* Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens do a contract signing for their Takeover match. Regal makes their match for the NXT Title because Owens demanded it. Fans chant "Sign Owens Sign" at him.

February 4th:

* Enzo Amore and Big Cass come out to introduce Carmella. She says Blue Pants isn't here but Emma is. Enzo, Cass and Carmella are over with the fans. Carmella defeats Emma by submission.

* Adrian Neville defeated Baron Corbin in a tournament match. Bull Dempsey may have distracted Corbin from the crowd.

* Bayley defeated Becky Lynch. After the match, Sasha got in Becky's face and Becky shoved her down. Charlotte came out, mocked them all and raised her title.

* Finn Balor defeated Hideo Itami in a tournament match for the right to face Adrian Neville in the finals. This was an amazing match and the end of tonight's tapings.

Looks like the next takeover card will have:
    Balor vs Neville (Tourney finals, surely Balor going over here).
    Owens vs Sami for the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sounds unreal.
    Trouble in Team BAE though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Odd to give us Hideo vs Balor so quick but i'm all for it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is Charlotte just a terrible face or whats the deal with her face / heel / tweener dynamic ?

It especially stood out when a few weeks ago she shouted at the crowd telling them they couldnt chant (think they were just having fun chanting for blue pants)

Didn't expect the
    Tag team title switch... and while im spoilered, snatching the belt from Bayley then laying her out before seemingly starting a feud with her... she has to be at least a tweener.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Odd to give us Hideo vs Balor so quick but i'm all for it!

I get the impression that
    Fergal won't be on NXT too long, he had his tag run intro helping him & Hideo adjust to NXT, now he's going through everyone he wants to face one on one like Kidd, Axel, Hideo & then Zayn/Owens before maybe a call up perhaps as early as the post mania Raw

As I tweeted Bohsjohnny when the tapings where going on:

That's my official reaction. Mainly due to:
    Becky and Fergal being on a live Special. My exbectation is Becky is winning the title. A multi diva match was the only clean way for Charlotte to drop the title. Charlotte ain't dropping the title to Sasha as I've been saying for months.

Blue Pants seemingly no more!

Lucha Dragons never connected while Blake and Murphy always maximised their screen time.
    I get the impression that
    Fergal won't be on NXT too long, he had his tag run intro helping him & Hideo adjust to NXT, now he's going through everyone he wants to face one on one like Kidd, Axel, Hideo & then Zayn/Owens before maybe a call up perhaps as early as the post mania Raw
    As I've said in the past I was told by someone who is close with NXT writer Ryan Ward that Balor will be called up before Zayn and Neville.

I expect Balor beating Neville and Zayn beating Owens. Setting up THE NXT money match Balor vs Zayn possibly Wrestlemania week. The as you said Balor debuting on the post mania Raw. Neville and Zayn have more than served their time in NXT by they are 28 and 30 respectively while Devitt turns 34. Personally think Neville will get called up after Mania and Zayn spends most of 2015 in NXT.

Rovert, spoilering this mainly because you have above but
    is there no love lost between Sasha and Charlotte in reality or why would she not drop it to her? Must have missed any previous posts on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Can't wait for the live special and
    i'm delighted for Blake and Murphy they've always impressed me in the little they've been given and it seems like they impressed the people that matter too.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Rovert, spoilering this mainly because you have above but
    is there no love lost between Sasha and Charlotte in reality or why would she not drop it to her? Must have missed any previous posts on it.

A personal falling out and a natural competitive rivilary. They are the Bret and Shawn of NXT. :p

A personal falling out and a natural competitive rivilary. They are the Bret and Shawn of NXT. :p

Can you elaborate on this at all? Curious.

They work really well together, I guess its true that real life issues can actually benefit in-ring product.

#TeamSasha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Holy **** thats some unmissable shows right there O_O

A sad state of the times we live in but it really is WWE's number 1 weekly show.

Why oh why can't they just..... actually I couldn't be bothered! It's been said a million times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its a mixture of everyone's favourite indy guys finally getting there WWE chance and the fact that its only an hour so its not long and dragged out like 3 hours of raw , plus the fact that its devoid of adverstisments and even the arena has a bit of an old school feel with the diffrent coloured ring matt and the constant smarky crowds

Its a mixture of everyone's favourite indy guys finally getting there WWE chance and the fact that its only an hour so its not long and dragged out like 3 hours of raw , plus the fact that its devoid of adverstisments and even the arena has a bit of an old school feel with the diffrent coloured ring matt and the constant smarky crowds

And the commentators appear interested. Though Renee can be annoying at times, still hot though :)

A sad state of the times we live in but it really is WWE's number 1 weekly show.

Why oh why can't they just..... actually I couldn't be bothered! It's been said a million times!

Ten years ago people were saying the same about Ohio Valley Wrestling. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Ten years ago people were saying the same about Ohio Valley Wrestling. :p

Wasn't OVW being booked by Heyman? I know Cornette booked it for a while aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Loved the Neville Zayn rematch, even though we've been them wrestle countless times lately. I'm going to be so damn mad when they are inevitably wasted on the main roster.

Garseys wrote: »
    Wasn't OVW being booked by Heyman? I know Cornette booked it for a while aswell.

Mainly Cornette. Conette got fired for hitting Santino Marella. Al Snow and Tommy Dreamer booked it for a while and it was HORRIBLE. Heyman did it for a while and was really good but then got bored and let CM Punk and Gunner Scott (remember him on Smackdown!) book the show. Resulted in Punk and Scott wrestling each other for 50 minutes for a couple weeks and nothing else. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So all of this is going to be in spoilers. Fair warning.
    So, let's assume that on Feb 11th Balor beats Neville to become the number one contender. He then either loses, beats Zayn (can't see Owens winning on his first title shot, similar to the way Bo, Neville and Zayn all failed on their first attempt) or has Owen interfere to cost Zayn the match and Balor the title).

So I can't see Balor winning the tournament just to be pinned. That leaves two options
    1. He wins and becomes NXT champion. If he is going to be called up before Neville and Zayn that means he must win a title before Neville gets his call up. In my opinion winning a mid-card title at the first attempt not only diminshes the title but also makes Balor look less than great as he only won a mid-card title (Paige winning the Divas title worked as it was the only title she could win)
    2. Owens interferes.(Conjuncture and fantasy booking from here) Balor gets called up. As his last match he faces Owens in a dream match. He wins and then WWE publicise that to put him over.He goes on a winning streak all the way to the RR. He either wins or is the last man eliminated. Makes him like an absolute star!
    Anyway, just some stuff in my head to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Regarding the points about Charlotte, yes she is just that bad at being a face. They debuted her as a face and she bombed. She just comes across as very arrogant and full of herself (not saying that she's like that in real life, she just comes across that way on TV). Like when she debuted, it was obvious she would become a heel eventually. I'm hoping that when she gets called up, she'll be heel there. She's not too bad when she's facing Sasha because the latter is so obnoxious, it gives her a lot to play off. The ironic thing is that Sasha and Becky both play good faces too

another report says that
    before Bayley laid Charlotte out, she snatched the belt away from her - so it's more of a heel move on Charlotte's part

Balor becoming #1 contender seems pretty obvious. If it's going to be a face on face title match against Zayn then a fluke underdog win for Zayn wouldn't hurt his credability too much. I'd say anyone with a brain can see that Balor will be on the main roster before the year is over

For some extra information about Carmella, she's exclusively wrestled as a heel on live events and dark matches - and judging from how she was brought into NXT, her partnership with Enzo and Cass is clearly setting her up for a proper heel turn. She's played the heel in all her matches on TV. The shipper in me wants her to break Enzo's heart and then he'll find comfort in Alexa Bliss as she banishes Carmella from Staten Island with the power of her Glitter Blizzard :D

I like the Vaudevillains gimmick but I worry that it's sort of like Adam Rose's in that it works well in NXT - but won't work on the main roster. I can't see them getting that kind of treatment up there. Though since Vince is old enough, he might potentially get this gimmick and keep it intact ;)

• Advertisement

I REALLY thought Charlotte would drop her:
    i1eYze9.gif

Still getting used to the new Wrestling schedule myself. NXT debuts on the WWE Network at 1am tonight. Three great weeks of NXT ahead:
    Scheduled for this week's WWE NXT:
    *WWE NXT champion Sami Zayn vs. Tye Dillinger.

*Number One Contender Tournament for WWE NXT championship: Curtis Axel vs. Finn Bálor.

*Number One Contender Tournament for WWE NXT championship: Tyler Breeze vs. Hideo Itami.

*The Vaudevillians vs. Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks.

Devitt's comebacks, finishing sequence and body are so ready for the main roster.

Itami/Breeze was really good. Definitely Itami's best since coming to NXT. Breeze really sold those kicks.

Didn't need to see Bull Dempsey's cleavage. The new NXT backstage interviewer looks too much like Bruce Pritchard for anyone in the Company to like.

Normally with NXT you get strong in ring action OR a fast paced storytelling show but this week's NXT was both. I am really looking forward to Zayn vs Owens and the Women's Fatal Four Way at the next Takeover special.

20150121_EP_LIGHT_takeover_matches_divas-hp.jpg

20150121_EP_LIGHT_takeover_matches_zaynowens-hp.jpg

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/558154301571596288

If you really want to get technical the Dublin born, Irish-Canadian won the WWF Women's Championship from The Fabulous Moolah for six days during a tour of Australia.

I enjoyed Bayley turning on Charlotte. Obviously not a heel turn but just her finally showing some balls and being fed up of being ran down.

Hopefully her or preferably Becky win the strap.

Itami was great and Devitt is just god tier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Didn't know it was possible but Devitt is looking in even better shape!

Liked Zayn showing purpose and no messing/skipping in his entrance. I was critical of his looking so happy on his road to redemption so was glad to see it cut out this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So when is the title match the tournament is for? I assumed it would be at the next live show. Just feel since the live shows started that there's no real threat to the title on the recorded shows.

• Advertisement

Good show again. I know the clued in people on here predicted that when Devitt, Steen, Kenta etc got going it'd be a great show but it really is must see at the moment for me. I actually love Owens' character, a complete dic* that just doesn't have any interest in doing anything but what suits him at any particular time including interviews. One slight let down I felt was the lack of reaction from the commentators to Itami's finishing move. It was just silence like they didn't know that'd be the winning move. Just seemed a bit off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I may have asked this before, but is Itami not allowed to do his version of GTS? I thought it might be to do with the whole Punk thing, but he's set it up a couple times but was always prevented. Or are they just teasing.

NXT had a female tryout this week. It is actually a really good crop of people:

Tessa Blanchard is someone I've posted about before. She's a third generation wrestler that has people tripping themselves pointing her potential:
    tessa_blanchard_render_2_by_dfreedom30-d7zoqel.png

Mandy Leon is an ROH school graduation he is a surprisingly good wrestler relative to likely first impressions about her looks:
    Mandy20.jpg

Crazy Mary Dobson credible wrestler who also does deathmatches. She has been Miz's make up artist and the girl at the concession stand with Kane:
    5d24daa4edcrazymarydobson.jpg

Other indie wrestlers include: Jessie Kaye, Carley Rae (a female referee!), Chelsea Green (Daniel Bryan's on screen Physical Therapist).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That angle with the physical therapist and Brie never played out in the end, did it? Hopefully if that girl debuts they don't chant something to do with that in Full Sail University and leave her dead in the water. I would assume that Tessa Blanchard is a shoe-in for a spot, seeing as how they tend to give second and third generation wrestlers a chance more often than not. Hell, they would probably push her towards Charlotte to tie in with the horsemen thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement