Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 02-01-2015 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

rovert wrote: »
    Bit of meh episode. Owens was a great dickhead, Balor looked like the star he is and Itami seems to be on the right path. Oh yeah someone needs to have the babyfaces and heels talk with Charlotte.

No network and with nxt gone from sky guess I'll have too start downloading it in future i just don't know if I'll even bother

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah im definitly going to download it in future **** sky anyway , What day does it air anyway ? Thursdays i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

So Itami's Wolverhampton gi is sticking around

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He looks like GOKU to me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some random thoughts

Why is Carmella aligned with Enzo and Big Cass? She has no likable characteristics (Personality) in her current persona. She is not funny or particularly entertaining, unlike Enzo and Cass.

Are Dillinger and Jordan doing something else on the house show circuit or are they a tag team?

Bull Dempsey should cover up all the time, he looks more menacing in the tracksuit than the normal ring gear he wears. He could dress like a GTA gangster or something.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNMT5Vp0z7uTZCSeJWAXbygv3Dyr6_iLamdOsa9EFGMRnu4ITTZQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Blue Pants! Blue Pants!

Enzo, Cass and Carmella are a strange group since she comes across like a heel among the faces.

Again, I find it weird how the guys who just moved up lost their match. I know they can't really make the guys staying look bad but it's like I've said before about ones being rewarded for losing the title.

Anyone figure out what CJ was meant to do to humiliate Corbin?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

NXT has so much swagger now it's incredible.

No, not that swagger!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Blue Pants! Blue Pants!

Enzo, Cass and Carmella are a strange group since she comes across like a heel among the faces.

Again, I find it weird how the guys who just moved up lost their match. I know they can't really make the guys staying look bad but it's like I've said before about ones being rewarded for losing the title.

Anyone figure out what CJ was meant to do to humiliate Corbin?

Assumed they were heels tbh. They don't come across as particularly face-ish even though they're popular. Enjoyed the main event good to see Itami getting the pin he looked great in the match too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

cian68 wrote: »
    An File wrote: »
    He looks like GOKU to me

SMDH lads :P

zm_kawada_triple.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Assumed they were heels tbh. They don't come across as particularly face-ish even though they're popular. Enjoyed the main event good to see Itami getting the pin he looked great in the match too.

Not many heels would interact with the fans like that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Enzo and Cass are babyfaces. Carmella is/was a heel.

Sasha was telling me..and only me..:-)..that it's moving to Wednesdays on the Network now. 1 am our time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

cian68 wrote: »

Spot on.

mcbzuzn.jpg

Wolves-13-14-Goalkeeper-Away-Kit.jpg

I noticed watching this week there is lot of characters i really don't like on NXT but the good outweighs the bad, Cass, Amore and them scream crappy comedy like Adam Rose's lot

and CJ Parker .....less said about him the better , Corbin and Bull are typical WWE types too nothing to be excited over, Corbin in particular his face betrays his body he has such a babyface which just does not look intimidating at all, The Vaudevillains too its an original gimmick but it just doesn't fit for me

And then of course you have Owens, Zayn, Neville, Balor, Itami, Breeze, The ascension and the Lucha Dragons who i really love

It's so utterly ridiculously over and it's a massive rib and everyone's in on it, including ol' Blue Pants, and I love it. I just love it.

tumblr_nhjbc8TdTP1s1kqrmo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Part of me wants to see Enzo and Big Cass get a spot on the Raw after Mania, and then go back to NXT. Give them to a crowd that understands them and you have a great moment, but I'm terrified the gimmick and all the fun stuff that goes with it will die once it leaves NXT.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's so utterly ridiculously over and it's a massive rib and everyone's in on it, including ol' Blue Pants, and I love it. I just love it.

It's good for her that she just happened to connect with the smart ass crowd so they bring her back for the laugh. That's presuming she's not actually signed? I seem to recall reading she wasn't initially anyway?
    Part of me wants to see Enzo and Big Cass get a spot on the Raw after Mania, and then go back to NXT. Give them to a crowd that understands them and you have a great moment, but I'm terrified the gimmick and all the fun stuff that goes with it will die once it leaves NXT.

Yeah I think the Full Sail regulars know the lines etc but it could flop big time on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

It's good for her that she just happened to connect with the smart ass crowd so they bring her back for the laugh. That's presuming she's not actually signed? I seem to recall reading she wasn't initially anyway?

As far as I know she's still unsigned. It would be great to see her get signed and have a decent shot. Pretty good talent and it would be a hell of a story to tell too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Blue Pants is the best part of NXT.

Like just look at that graphic for a minute, her actual name is Blue Pants. That is so incredible. I actually love it a lot more than I probably should. It makes me giddy.

• Advertisement

Like just look at that graphic for a minute, her actual name is Blue Pants. That is so incredible. I actually love it a lot more than I probably should. It makes me giddy.

It does give off a sense of fun that you'd never get on the main shows. Carmella is fairly meh as a character but it's early days for her I guess. See how she is in 12 months or so.

Lads you are breaking my heart here. :P

More or less what I've said in the past she's 31 which is old for a male wrestler there, a really poor Wrestler for her experience, can't talk/has a bad speaking voice, not athletic and doesn't have the requisite looks.

Her pants got over via a fluke in front an "ironic" crowd. That's her appeal it was anything she actually did. If she wrestles in matches of any length she will be really exposed. The back bump she did was terrible and she has been Wrestling for years.

I like this type of storyline/story in general but she ain't the overall wrestler 1-2-3 Kid was and she isn't the bumper Norv Fernum and Dewey Barnes were. She's actively bad wrestler.

Personal thoughts aside I haven't heard anything about a contract and I have asked after all the tapings she has been on. But Triple H, Ryan Ward and everyone else really do like her as I said in the past. Which is rather fecking obvious as time goes on. :pac:

The honest to goodness story is that the night she debuted and the Blue Pants chant started Triple H who was producing the show "popped huge" - in other words hysterically laughed. This very much has his endorsement.

If this happened on WWE TV they would probably bring Leva back in different colour pants and had a heel annihilate her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I miss Dewey and Norv...

Ah if she's that limited I'm sure the joke will wear thin after a while. Unless she's a tremendous shag perhaps (a la Rosa Mendes er allegedly..)..I was going to say in my earlier post that I recalled you weren't a fan rovert.

Ah if she's that limited I'm sure the joke will wear thin after a while. Unless she's a tremendous shag perhaps (a la Rosa Mendes er allegedly..)..I was going to say in my earlier post that I recalled you weren't a fan rovert.

Don't want to be a dry sh*te but people have seemed to have lost their senses about her IMO. She hasn't really done much of anything in terms of her physical look, charisma and wrestling ability to get over. She's a clothes horse for a pair of pants.

She's kind of anomaly I guess as even before she appeared on NXT I know people who wouldn't criticise her publicly for wrestling ability and some of her business dealings as they would actively alienate their followers/friends who were friends or followers of her. Just a really weird and specific deal. But there's a reason why she does a cosplay gimmick and largely a tag wrestler with a superior partner. She offers VERY little between the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Don't want to be a dry sh*te but people have seemed to have lost their senses about her IMO. She hasn't really done much of anything in terms of her physical look, charisma and wrestling ability to get over. She's a clothes horse for a pair of pants.

She's kind of anomaly I guess as even before she appeared on NXT I know people who wouldn't criticise her publicly for wrestling ability and some of her business dealings as they would actively alienate their followers/friends who were friends or followers of her. Just a really weird and specific deal. But there's a reason why she does a cosplay gimmick and largely a tag wrestler with a superior partner. She offers VERY little between the ropes.

So your saying she has a chance?!

103114-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Raj0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No worse then Rosa, Cameron etc etc.

There's always a chance.

Stand back for the next paragraph

A funny/weird observation someone brought up to me about the women NXT recruits now ever since Triple H has taken over is that they all have interesting/larger noses compared to Johnny Ace hires. Leva has a very crooked nose that she's very self conscious about that makes her talk like boxer or someone with one open nostril.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    No worse then Rosa, Cameron etc etc.

Neither of those went through this era of NXT. Cameron more or less bypassed developmental.

A nose fetish! When did Trips start the hiring? As a recent-ish recruit, Becky's nose is grand. As I'm sure you of all people are aware :-)

• Advertisement

A nose fetish! When did Trips start the hiring? As a recent-ish recruit, Becky's nose is grand. As I'm sure you of all people are aware :-)

It is grand. Not like it is massive or anything but it is somewhat differently shaped. It isn't a specific observation or anything just a general one. I think it is just a subconcious thing due to Triple H having a larger nose.

But who nose?

Advertisement