Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

played 12 hole comp off 13 ... 22 points with 1 hole scratched and 2 1 pointers.

my score was not brilliant but my play was very good and my lessons are really paying off ... All fairways in regulation, all par 3 greens reached in Reg, and only 2 greens missed with 2nd shots...

Single digits is in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

played 12 hole comp off 13 ... 22 points with 1 hole scratched and 2 1 pointers.

my score was not brilliant but my play was very good and my lessons are really paying off ... All fairways in regulation, all par 3 greens reached in Reg, and only 2 greens missed with 2nd shots...

Single digits is in sight

Playing off 13 as well and chasing the same target, let's see who gets there first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sorry - I know we don't do chat here - but above needs a thread on own.

Rik - That your best run from the off ever - must be.

Yep. I've birdied the first 3 holes before, but never the first 4.

As it works out, I would have won both the 1st and 2nd with pars, but I had to birdie the 3rd to win the hole and birdie the 4th to halve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

I will be checking in regularly to see your progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Bit of a bizarre round on Saturday.

33 points with 2 scratches & 4 1-point holes

Started solid, 7 points for opening 3 holes, then 1 point for following 3 holes (worst was 6th, hit a not great tee shot, pushed right but saw it bounce in the rough. Got down there & couldn't find the bloody thing, hadn't hit provisional as it looked ok from the tee box)

Followed that up with 8 points for the following 3 holes to finish the front with 16 points.

Then back to rubbish at the turn with 3 1-pointers to start.

Followed that up with with 8 points for the run 13-15, arguably the toughest run of holes on the course.

6 points coming in which is about the norm with an index 2 par 4 & two high index final holes with no shot.

So some very good golf & some terrible golf. Still working on some recent swing changes so have to expect some level of inconsistency.

Enjoying my game golf & getting to seen some concrete data.

Roll on portmarnock on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

I wonder will any of the lads be using GameGolf on Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Just back from our annual El Toro Cup trip to Spain. 3 days of golf and manged to win the cup this year. Shot some very consistent golf on some tough courses. In the buffer for all 3 days did the trick.

Will see if it can hold through until Saturday

J

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

benny79 wrote: »
    I wonder will any of the lads be using GameGolf on Sat?

Yes, I certainly will. Will be my 5th round using it. Should be some interesting numbers on it if the wind is blowing anything like predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Played Greenore today 37 pts off 15, best I have ever score there,always found it a tough course although conditions were good today. I was using Hole19 golf app for distance and scoring, great app and free. Anyone else use it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice 2hr 43min solo round this morning, I was first out at 9 and had the young one caddying so set a target of 3hrs, 5.1miles walked, my fastest round in years.

I never pay attention to my scoring during the round so genuinely surprised with a 9 over off the Winter tees and bunkers out of play, had a quadruple, a double (on index one and two) and then 4 bogeys, 11 pars and a birdie. Was 4 over the back 9 and that was the quad. Putted well, 29 putts was the key as I did leak a few drives here and there for 4 penalty shots.
    First society outing on Sat. so looking forward to playing muck most likely!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Well Parlance had 35 (I think) - Pcasso 39 and I had 31.

I think you were unlucky - as conditions fine later on dar.

Seen your name on sheet - didn't know your name was Mr Cool ;)

Here are the results of day in question

Overall :- Handicap (8) 43pts
    Class 1:- (6) 42pts
    Class 2:- (15) 39pts
    Class 3:- (24) 20pts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oh to be a Class 3 golfer! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Did you find out what I won :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No more chat. I'm deleting posts from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

+3 today for 9 holes in very strong winds, punch shot came in handy. Played well

Played 18 this afternoon, finished +8
    11 pars
    6 bogey's
    1 double

Game in good shape, just a couple of silly mistakes. Should have made a few birdies but the blade was slightly cold.

Mustn't be much golf played not many posts this week thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

31pts in corbellis today 3 scratches story of my life! unlucky with 2 only my second time playing it, course knowledge is key there I under clubbed on a few holes only 2 walk up and find the fw opens up errr.. finished with the ball I started with
    which is a major + for there. My view on corbellis is the greens master them u master corbellis imo my putter was sadly cold today over all im happy enough felt more consistent & I can see what ive been working on starting 2 take effect which is positive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

36points on a chilly and windy day in Esker Hills, have to be happy with that despite two scratches for blowing my approaches well over two greens.

Absolutely gutted to find they still have not got hot dinners on offer, not a course to come in off on a day like that to poxy soup etc.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Good round today :
    +2
    14pars
    1 birdie
    3 bogies
    Level for front nine
    Finished birdie par after 3 bogies in a row.
    Short game very very good, putted really well

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Hadnt played Tullamore in a few years and my best score there to date had been 31pts when playing off 21 in 2009. Happy to report that today I had 32pts off 14 despite 3 scratches on the back 9 where I just lost concentration for a bit before finishing well on the last couple of holes.

Course is excellent overall, lovely greens, but they had a couple of the tees in funny places (not forward either usually sideways!) which meant we were waiting to hit as we were either letting someone putt out or tee off nearby. The only other negative point was there was no shop available. No bars or drinks available inside either and at 10 on a Saturday morning we got the last 2 scones they had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

First swing of the year on Friday and 34 points which I was quite pleased with. Short game in a bad state causing two scratches and a few one pointers. Greens fairly bumpy and longer putts were a lottery. Drove it very well though. Onwards and upwards. This year is going to be my year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Played 13 hole comp in Moate today despite the lashing rain - got to support the club :-) and had 24pts. A few squidgy bits here and there, only to be expected in the conditions, but the 3 of us still enjoyed getting out to play and I don't think the rain could really be blamed for any of our poor shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

37 points around Mitchelstown today thru 14. 2 birdies 6 pars 6 bogeys off 17. Couldn't miss the hole with the putter, 18 putts thru 14. No card in the arse pocket tells its own story.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

37 points around Mitchelstown today thru 14. 2 birdies 6 pars 6 bogeys off 17. Couldn't miss the hole with the putter, 18 putts thru 14. No card in the arse pocket tells its own story.

Correct..!! The 'no card in the arse pocket' tells me that there was plenty of room to carry the mask!!!! Ha ha, a long time coming. A big cut on the horizon. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

First full 18 in a while at home off 13. Five three putts says it all, even though I've been putting well of late.

Conditions fine. Easy setup with placing.

https://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/52-26938832-26938897

Really want to get to 10 this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

36 points thru 16 in west waterford open comp today. 7 pars 8 bogeys and a scratch. 23putts thru 15 with one 3 putt thrown in, lipped out twice on birdie putts. Can do it with or without a card ;-) (you know who you are!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Poor day today :( Played 9 hole stableford at home course this morning, only had 11 points

Par:36
    Strokes: 49
    Putts: 22
    GIR 22%

Most depressing stat: FIR 89%. Only missed 1 all day and thats really depressing because it just shows how poor the rest of my game it. Overcooked every single approach shot. And ever bladed 3 PW from 70-80 yards which I never do. Need to do alot of shot game practise if i'm to get to single figures this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

32 points around a blustery Naas today off 5, course in lovely condition bar the bunkers, didn't play overally well, chipping and putting is in a good state which is pleasing. Need to be getting out more from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

36 pts around galway bay. Happy enough considering tough breeze and scratched one hole with lost ball of tee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played 9 again today around Birr..Talk about inconsistent

1 Birdie
    4 Pars
    1 Bogie
    3 Scratches

Advertisement