Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

27 points of 14 in the Heritage. Was a team comp but I kept a personal score as I never played the course before.
    Was a bit of a slog of a day even with weather being very good. Its winter golf now, very soft and very long and heavy lies off the fairway. Greens sanded and hollow tined and rolling very poorly. And the Heritage is a tough station for a golfer like me anyways. A lot of par 4s at my very limit length wise, like 468, 449, 438. Very few par 4s under 400 yard. Par 3s all long too. Beast of an index 2 par 5. I hardly used my mid and low irons. Was driver, hybrid or driver 4 iron all day long.
    Wasn't even playing that badly, just the usual dodgy stretch of 3, 4 holes where I racked up 3 scratches. I simply need to learn to get through that 'off' stretch that happens in every round without dropping to many points.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bobster453

31pts off 3/4 handicap(11) in Heritage today, 34 off GUI handicap(15),17 front 9, 17 back 9
    As Boskowski said above, a tough slog at the best of times not helped by shotgun start at the 7th, some trek there and back.
    89 gross
    5 Pars,9 Bogeys,4 Double Bogeys, No Scratches
    Greens as you would expect with hollowtining, very slow and not true to breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

I scored 35pts of 24 today, delighted to finally break the 30 mark but disappointed not to to get 40pts which was very achievable walking on to the 16th tee until it all went a bit pete tong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

41 PTS Sat in the last qualifying event of the season bit slow start off on the front with 17. But settled in on the back 9 came home with 24 could of been so much better struggled a bit with nerves on last few holes as I knew I was going well. Still nice to get a cut in the last event of the season.

I peaked at the start of the season before qualifying started and now peaked just as its finished, story of my life!

Didn't even finish in the prizes! Three 42's on the Sunday. Always the bride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

36pts off 14 in Moate yesterday including one of my better back 9's - 20pts and just one stroke off equalling my best. Left a few putts hanging on the lip too which was kind of unfortunate but overall I played well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

23 points in 14 hole comp yesterday. Some very patchy stuff which is frustrating. Its just off the tee where I am struggling, if I can keep it straight I know I can score well. Only hit 1 very good drive with 3 wood & was relying on lucky lies to avoid trouble which did happen a couple times. First 5 holes really were disheartening tbh.

1st hole I done well to find the drive & fortunate to manage 2 points,
    2nd hole disaster drive followed by a poor 2nd meant I had to chip sideways & a missed the putt for 1 point,
    3rd hole - nice wedge on a par 3 but i was a fraction short bouncing backwards into water, missed putt for 1 point so another blank,
    4th hole very poor tee shot and a decent 3 wood second but slightly pulled that surprisingly ended up lost and another blank.
    5th hole, bit of a pull with a 6 iron on a par 3 and ended up stuck under a tree, got it to 15ft after the second chip and made a nice putt for 1 point.

So after 5 holes in a 14 hole comp I had 3 points. Hard to have any motivation but the next 4 holes in a row I had 4 very decent chances of birdie, gave everyone of them a chance of falling & nothing did. Did very well to cross with 14 points. couple of decent shots but not much reward on the last 5 holes & another very decent birdie chance missed left me with a fairly poor 23 points which I probably didn't even deserve after the start.

Scores were 5 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple & 1 scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

31Pts for 14 holes off 7 (5) on Saturday.
    GIR 3
    Putts 18 (3 putted the last for a double bogey)

Need to work on the long game!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

5 over around Corballis.

Was under par for 9 - was unlucky not be be more under - was best I played in a while and conditions were not easy - about a 2 club wind.

Got into a bad run and started pulling ball - then played wrong club at 13 and had a double.

Was the slowest round I ever had there and lost a bit of momentum.

Anyway - still a great round and could have been one of my best there, as had a par on index 1 and 2 into wind.

Played with 2 Austrians here for Web Summit- they were blown away with the place for 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

5 over around Corballis.

Are you a member there now or do you just have squatters rights :)

Seve OB wrote: »
    Are you a member there now or do you just have squatters rights :)

No I like to play it for practice - play it about once a month.

Find it very good for mid irons and short game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No I like to play it for practice - play it about once a month.

Find it very good for mid irons and short game.

Just yanking your chain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

39 points (off 13) in Arrowhead Golf Club in Florida :p

To be fair, I played off the white tees (6100 yards) and the ball flies....but plenty of water if you go off line. lots of 4 irons off tees to leave myself a 9 iron/wedge in.

Buggy golf is awesome in this kind of heat.

Surrounded by golf courses here, but nearly all are private. How about a $100,000 entrance fee and $18,000 a year - but only 250 members.....

Mad stuff ted.....

Heres a link to give you an idea of some of the prices of golf in Florida.....http://naplesgolfproperties.com/client-content/naplesgolfproperties_com/uploads/2015/01/SWF-Golf-Club-Comparisons2015s.xls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Got 44 off 16 in my society's outing in Hollystown over the weekend. Had only ever played the blue and red 9's so was when I heard we were playing the yellow on the back I knew I needed to post a good score on the front(red). Came off with 20 points and was delighted with that. But then I started the yellows with two birdies and knew I was on for a great round. Continued scoring well until the end and won the competition which was nice. Not so nice is my handicap will drop to 11 now with the way they work it. Definitely not that at that standard but sure what can ye do. With that score I should now win the overall golfer of the year which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Got 44 off 16 in my society's outing in Hollystown over the weekend. Had only ever played the blue and red 9's so was when I heard we were playing the yellow on the back I knew I needed to post a good score on the front(red). Came off with 20 points and was delighted with that. But then I started the yellows with two birdies and knew I was on for a great round. Continued scoring well until the end and won the competition which was nice. Not so nice is my handicap will drop to 11 now with the way they work it. Definitely not that at that standard but sure what can ye do. With that score I should now win the overall golfer of the year which is nice.

If you think of your score in terms of playing off 11, your 44 points would be 39, so you may well be more competitive than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

If you think of your score in terms of playing off 11, your 44 points would be 39, so you may well be more competitive than you think!

Yeah it's a good point. The 44 point round was me pretty much at my best which won't always happen but sure if I can hit the low 30's on a regular basis next year I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Last round in the New Course at home before Winter where we revert to old course ( 2 different holes completely and 2 modified holes).

Had a great round, course was wet but rain held off while we were out. After hitting 2 baskets of balls the previous week at range with about 85% being shanks, thins or both I wasn't expecting much. Very suprised when I was level after 2, double bogied index 1, par, bogie followed by 4 pars, bogied next index 2 then went par, birdie(4pointer) ,par, par, bogie, par, par, par. (Overall +4). Granted it was preferred lies but I was delighted. Shot game saved me a lot had about 4-5 up and down. Glad that the work is paying off just a pity it's a bit too late.

Comp was only 16hole hamper but it was a glorious day last Saturday morning so we said it could be the last of the food golf weather and ended up playing 27 holes :)

Came second overall with 36pts for 16holes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

30pts I think playing Headfort new in the worst conditions I've played in from the 3rd on with trolleys, players and balls being moved all over the place and got soaked into the bargain. First game since corballis a few weeks back

I did get to use my new game golf - https://www.gamegolf.com/player/DanCarolan/round/663967

Ground was very soggy, and could never club right or get great contact when I did. Most of the time I just tried to keep it down out of the wind, alot of the irons I'd hit really well only for it to climb, pitch and hop back at me 20-30yds short. Obviously I need to work on my punch shots :pac:

Don't have much time for a round of golf. Daylight, work and DIY at home.

But got out for 10 today - was a hard enough wind (2 to 3 club) - started well with Birdie down wind - but then OOB with a poor Hybrid at 2.
    Sort of experimenting off tee , but that was a shocker.

But against wind was almost impossible to get a gir and was all up and downs , and made brilliant ones on - 4, 5, 6, 8.

Finished with par , bird , par.

2 over for 10.

As good as I can play to get that.

Not sure being able to score that well in them conditions is of much use, in the overall scale of things - as typically not qualifying this time of year.

Anyway - still enjoyable golf out there. Better than painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not sure being able to score that well in them conditions is of much use, in the overall scale of things - as typically not qualifying this time of year.

Anyway - still enjoyable golf out there. Better than painting.

2-3 club wind, could be a summers day on the links!! I always think it's a good sign of your game if you can score in rough conditions. We'll played

Senna wrote: »
    2-3 club wind, could be a summers day on the links!! I always think it's a good sign of your game if you can score in rough conditions. We'll played

Thanks Senna - But , even if I knew I played out of my skin - I now know , wind winter golf , is another sport to be honest.

On a still summer day - I would not be able to transfer that ability to a cut.

So was looking at it from a bigger picture - yes , great to be able to do it - but of feck all value ,, in the valued world of summer cuts.

Anyway - still fun. Maybe that is all that matters :confused::D

• Advertisement

34 pts in very tough conditions.

A great round - I think I had a real good chance of winning - but a sort of strom with rain came in for 2 holes , and cost me 2 points.

But overall - great going to break 80 in that.

Never know, could be a cut.

34 pts in very tough conditions.

A great round - I think I had a real good chance of winning - but a sort of strom with rain came in for 2 holes , and cost me 2 points.

But overall - great going to break 80 in that.

Never know, could be a cut.

Lol - love this one lads.

CSS was 75 - and won comp with that score - love that win, as was a shocker of a day - and in fact could have been an even bigger win.

I'll have to target winter wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

31 pts in Fota yesterday for 5th place in society. Not bad considering weather conditions and a severe dose of the shanks affecting me with every club at the moment

Wind was tough out there

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lol - love this one lads.

CSS was 75 - and won comp with that score - love that win, as was a shocker of a day - and in fact could have been an even bigger win.

I'll have to target winter wins :)

Cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Senecio wrote: »
    I would never have thought that shooting 5 consecutive rounds in the 70's would become a bit monotonous.

78 today for 34pts
    FIR 46%
    GIR 56%
    Putts 34

I guess I should be happy with only 2 x 3putts today.

Been a while since I got out for a round.

78 Sunday for 34pts
    FIR 46%
    GIR 44%
    Putts 28

Scrambled and putted much yesterday and still struck my irons well. I thought I'd let the round go early with a 3-putt double on the 3rd and an OOB off the tee on the 4th. Made birdie with my 2nd tee shot to still walk away with a point and got back into the round after that. Had another little blip on the 10th with another OOB off the tee but two birdies coming home got me back into it again.

That round we're all searching for will come soon!

Got 9 in , in that - was about 15 m/s, again a different game. In fact, some think it isn't a sport at all.

But, I love an "auld" - punishment now and again.

I like it anyway, makes you concentrate on ball flight and distracts me from negative swing ideas.

4 over , was about the best I could do - but again , not sure this golf is of any use in the long term.

Hit a 3 wood 180 yards onto a green , one of the best shots I hit all year, lipped out , but again - is this golf , or wind surfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bobster453

Got 9 in , in that - was about 15 m/s, again a different game. In fact, some think it isn't a sport at all.

But, I love an "auld" - punishment now and again.

I like it anyway, makes you concentrate on ball flight and distracts me from negative swing ideas.

4 over , was about the best I could do - but again , not sure this golf is of any use in the long term.

Hit a 3 wood 180 yards onto a green , one of the best shots I hit all year, lipped out , but again - is this golf , or wind surfing.

Masochist
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

39 Points in Headfort Old in a casual. Very happy , 3rd game in 7 weeks which is a long break between grounds for me.

1 scratch 17th :mad:
    2 Doubles
    3 Pars
    Rest were Bogey's

Had alot of chances for birdie's and pars but couldn't make a put from outside 5 ft :o

Chipping was solid. Irons were ok in the wet wet conditions, driver was in play.

Hit my best wedge of the year ( 3ft) from 132yds followed by a 6i to 5ft on the next par 3 :)

Thats my ball just behind the flag for proof :D

[IMG][/img]96B21D05-1E94-43A0-9DFA-429766AD5031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

First game in about 4 weeks with all the ****e weather, played corballis.
    Shot 71 for 35 points, putting was good on first 9, bad on back 9, seemed to par all the hard holes into a howling wind, Hole 3, Driver, 19 degree and still 20 yards short. Same with Hole 16. Very happy considering, might be the only game for a while as Wife is due a baby in a few weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Esker hills today first time and first round of the year. Lovely track suited my eye.
    1 birdie, 7 pars, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles, 2 scratches. 34pts off 15hcp. Happy with that.

Advertisement