Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

He tapped in for a six... Or a 5 as he told me, most definitely a 6. I didn't say anything. He had a shot there also so it was halved. Thankfully went down an parred the 17th, he got caught in bunker and that was it.

Why would you not say it to him? You don't need to be rude about it, but just say 'I thought it was a 6' and go through the shots with him. I know I have to do it with a guy I play with regularly. He's not dishonest, he gets his score wrong both ways, just seems to forget what he's shot often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Why would you not say it to him? You don't need to be rude about it, but just say 'I thought it was a 6' and go through the shots with him. I know I have to do it with a guy I play with regularly. He's not dishonest, he gets his score wrong both ways, just seems to forget what he's shot often enough.

Yeah as I said above I should have but I didn't say anything immediately and it's hard to say it once walking to the next tee. It's a work event also so that makes it trickier. In any case I was still 2 up with 3 to play and won it on the next hole. In the quarter final now so will definitely be saying something if it happens again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

35 points in the boards society outing on Saturday in Carton. Was Happy enough with that score until I went into the clubhouse. Course was playing easier than expected but the rough was up and those frickin bunkers. Scratched the first 2 and only had 3 points after 4 holes. Slowly got into the groove and was 4 over for the back nine. Woeful with the driver, didn't use it after the 4th. Very good with the irons, good around the green and decent with the putter. Sort out my driving and there's a good round in there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

32 points in Ballybunion on Sat. Probably the easiest I've ever played the course weather wise so it was a little disappointing.
    Left an eagle putt short by a couple of inches on 15... would have made my day if I had just hit the bloody thing. The search for an eagle continues...

38 points, 83 strokes, around Tralee then on Sunday. Some poor shots throughout the round but recovered well and was holing a lot of long putts. Delighted with that score, wind was up but I'm sure it was just an average day for down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Had my name down to play Naas Junior Scratch Cup on Sun, with the rain overnight and it continuing all morning/day rang in hope of the competition being cancelled. No such luck so it was a day for the waterproofs in the relentless rain.
    Weather was absolutely miserable with the only consolidation being that there was little wind.
    It was a game of two halves, played a really nice front nine turning in -1 with the only bogey resulting from a poor drive that had to be hacked back onto the fairway. The wheels really came off on the back nine however and ruined any chance of a place with my gross 78 or 7 over. Still a respectable enough score given the conditions and didn't play all that bad on the back nine but 2 three putts and a poor short game cost me a great chance.
    Thought a 75 (+4) would have had a chance so really surprised to see the scores posted. 70 won it with a level par 71 in second place and an incredible nett 64 took the nett prize.
    http://www.naasgolfclub.com/results-a-fixtures/competition-results/1682-23-08-15
    I guess some people thrive in rain and misery so more practice required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Had my name down to play Naas Junior Scratch Cup on Sun, with the rain overnight and it continuing all morning/day rang in hope of the competition being cancelled. No such luck so it was a day for the waterproofs in the relentless rain.
    Weather was absolutely miserable with the only consolidation being that there was little wind.
    It was a game of two halves, played a really nice front nine turning in -1 with the only bogey resulting from a poor drive that had to be hacked back onto the fairway. The wheels really came off on the back nine however and ruined any chance of a place with my gross 78 or 7 over. Still a respectable enough score given the conditions and didn't play all that bad on the back nine but 2 three putts and a poor short game cost me a great chance.
    Thought a 75 (+4) would have had a chance so really surprised to see the scores posted. 70 won it with a level par 71 in second place and an incredible nett 64 took the nett prize.
    http://www.naasgolfclub.com/results-a-fixtures/competition-results/1682-23-08-15
    Great first nine, pity about the back, played myself, hard to keep concentrated when it never stopped raining. Had a 79, no major disasters but no good either.
    70 is really good on a day like that, not suprised all local Lads as well
    66 won the senior as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Strange distibution of the prizes, the 1st nett guy shot a better gross score than the guy who got 3rd gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

81 gross for 40 points off 14 in the presidents prize at the weekend.

9 pars
    8 bogies
    1 double (annoyingly on the 18th)

35 points around St. Anne's today. Should be enough for a cut as the wind was up. 3-4 clubs at times.

Had a 7i for my second on the Par 5 first. Got an unlucky bounce into a greenside bunker and then an even worse piece of luck as someone previous decided they didn't want to bother raking it. Could just see the top of the ball.. hacked out and a poor 3 putt for bogey.
    3 putted the next for bogey too.

Things started to pick up from there though. Out in 15 and home in 20. CSS could be 33-34 today even though it was a cracker in terms of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Solid 35 off 10 today in tough conditions in Dun Laoghaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'd a good round today - could have been very very good - but putter was poor - 3 3 putts.

37 pts ( 4 over).

Hit 14 greens - and hardly hit any bad shot tee to green.

Just that bit of magic wasn't there - but solid.

Good all round - two weeks solid practice coming up , hope to get a big round in before season out.

These 0.1 cuts are a disaster, very slow to get anywhere. :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

40 points yesterday, including 2 scratches, both caused by being stupid with the putter. Off the tee I was either very good or miserably bad. If I could sort that to be average the whole way I should be able to get my handicap to plummet. My iron play on the whole was pretty good. My short game was in good shape apart from lapses of concentration.

After that I don't know if I'll get out in the next two weeks now, just when I found some form after playing well in a scramble on Saturday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

37 pts - should have been more - 3 putted from 3 feet on one hole and lipped out on a couple of others. Putter needs practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played Sat in the semi final of club 4 ball match play we won on 16,
    Also won the weekend 4 ball with 52pts,
    Played the round of my life

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Played Sat in the semi final of club 4 ball match play we won on 16,
    Also won the weekend 4 ball with 52pts,
    Played the round of my life

52 points.... What handicap are you off?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

52 points.... What handicap are you off?

Important to note that he said fourball. He's only responsible for half that score ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    Important to note that he said fourball. He's only responsible for half that score ;)

Ah my bad

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Forgot to mention it was full handicaps before people get a few digs in👊

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Got my 2nd ever eagle on Saturday in club matchplay. Chip in from 80 yards.
    Scored 41 yesterday to come 2nd. Things are looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

4 pars in a (basic enough to be fair) 9 hole while on holidays. Haven't played in over 10 years, thinking of taking it back up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I'd a good round today - could have been very very good - but putter was poor - 3 3 putts.

37 pts ( 4 over).

Hit 14 greens - and hardly hit any bad shot tee to green.

Just that bit of magic wasn't there - but solid.

Good all round - two weeks solid practice coming up , hope to get a big round in before season out.

These 0.1 cuts are a disaster, very slow to get anywhere. :eek::)

nice shooting, slightly better putting you'd have got a great cut.

I share your frustration about losing the .1's. So hard to make progress. When you get into category 1 first you look at guys playing off 2 or 3 and think they are only a couple of shots a round better than me, but quickly you realise that when there's a buffer zone of only 1 and only getting cut .1's you come to realise the amount of good, consistent golf it takes to get down to those sort of handicaps

Ciaranra wrote: »
    Forgot to mention it was full handicaps before people get a few digs in��

Apologies about that, feeling a bit under the weather today ;)

PARlance wrote: »
    Apologies about that, feeling a bit under the weather today ;)

Took a while felt something was missing and then it happened, you made a comment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

91 (77) in intermediate scratch in Fota Deerpark on Sunday. Doesn't sound like much and isn't really, but I was happy enough at the same time. Ball striking was only OK. Found the water twice resulting in two trebles but they were the only real slip ups and more down to not knowing the course at all.

This wasn't like anything I ever played before, loads of par 4s well over 400 yards, brute of an index 1. You're out of position you're in trouble. Fantastic greens. Never had a bad lie. Just a proper championship course and an awesome experience and we were only off the whites. My new favourite course. I would go back tomorrow, hell I'd move in there tomorrow... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Played well today in the open singles in Blessington Lakes 10 pars 1 birdie 5 bogies i double and a 9 on the par 5 9th. 38 pts/82 gross off 11, should get a .4 cut which will be my 4th cut in the last 5 comps. The weird thing is my driving during this streak has not been great so using my 13 degree super strong 3 wood more off the tee. Short game is solid at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eric the Eagle

A tale of two nines!!

Two over for front nine and 11 over for back nine, very frustrating.

The front nine was the best I had ever played and could have been better, I had two three putts!

Was looking like getting a nice cut and ended up just making the buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Played 7-18 in Cobh with my Dad yest evening. First time swinging a club in a month. Started par, double-bogey, double-bogey..."here we go again".

Then I just said to myself, take an extra club and concentrate on a smooth swing.

Then:

10 - birdie
    11 - bogey
    12 - par
    13 - par
    14 - par
    15 - par
    16 - par
    17 - bogey
    18 - par

1 over for the back 9. Moral of the story.......play golf once a month and take it handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

4 pars in a (basic enough to be fair) 9 hole while on holidays. Haven't played in over 10 years, thinking of taking it back up!

You really should and the boards.ie golf society is a great place to start. See the stickys at the top of the forum for details on upcoming events :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Play semi final of club matchplay, level match against last year's winner (2nd time winner). Was a back and forth match for the most part, neither of us pulling away and both of us playing well to our handicap. It was very scrappy and both of us having great shots just to half some holes.

The 14th I was 1 up and we were both pin high but left of green, I was a good 5 yards left and he was on the fringe. I weakly chipped it to 10ft and he put his 6ft by. I holed my putt and the pressure was on his putt, which he missed.
    The 15th, stroke index 1, he won with a great par that I couldn't match, back to 1up. Halfed the 16th after he thinned his approach straight through the green into a horrible area with no green to work with, but he played a brilliant chip that a pro would have been proud of.
    The 17th is a par 3 and he hit his tee shot well left of the green with a bunker between him and the green, I put mine pin high with a 15ft putt.
    Walking up I was thinking this could be the end, he chips his a good 20ft past the pin and I'm very confident. I make sure just to take my two putts for par, thinking he has no chance, I shouldn't have counted my chickens, he holes the putt!! On to the long par 4 18th.
    We both hit good drives and he hits his second just short of the green, which is a good place to be.
    I thin mine and it sounds like I hit a rock with a pole, I hang my head and I could see he was feeling confidence. We walk up towards he green and somehow my ball is 6ft from the pin.
    He needs to hole his now for any chance to keep the match going, a good effort but it sails by the pin, in the end I won it with a huge fluke 2nd shot on 18.
    Shake of the hands and it's onto the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Well done. A bit of luck is nearly always needed & nice to get it on the last hole.

Advertisement