Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

There are 800 people with ac scores between 77- 60. That averages out at 50 people per score.

If they are only processing 100 at a time, we will all be waiting a while.

I could be totally wrong of the 100 mark if there is more out tomorrow we may have an idea I say 100 more because it's so quiet, hope I am wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chickee32

Hi everyone, long time lurker here, thought people might be interested to know that I'm low mid 70s and I received a letter today so could be very likely there's more letters to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Hey! I've been reading the thread for a while now.

Just a thought, in relation to the letters received today.
    Could it potentially be those that received letters are female, and they are essentially getting them through the process because of the lack of female officers? Just speculation.

I got ac score of low-mid 70s, cant understand why those with high 70s wouldn't have received a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

820sox wrote: »
    Hey! I've been reading the thread for a while now.

Just a thought, in relation to the letters received today.
    Could it potentially be those that received letters are female, and they are essentially getting them through the process because of the lack of female officers? Just speculation.

I got ac score of low-mid 70s, cant understand why those with high 70s wouldn't have received a letter.

Can confirm its not gender related.
    Evidence: I'm male

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Hey newbies welcome to the club :) there's no rhyme or reason to the whole process but one things for sure we are all in this together (wise words from high school musical lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Chickee32

Thanks QueenP love the reference lol You're definitely right in saying there's no rhyme or reason to this, this forum makes it pretty obvious! I really do think there will be more letters out tomorrow though, I can't see there only being 100 out if they managed to get down to my score from 77/78. The 5 week thing that someone pointed out earlier is interesting too, maybe it means this campaign will be moving somewhat like it did in the last one... but who knows!

The 100 theory is squashed now you guys have joined, it was only because 2 people on the forums received the letter that I suggested that, if there is low to mid 70's getting a letter, and as I said I would say yeah, more letters would arrive tomorrow for folks, lower 70's is getting closer to myself in the high 60's though I'm not expecting anything soon, welcome new folks to the forum. The more people who are in the process that joins the boards the better :)

Is it possible everybody is getting this letter? And that's why some people with higher scores haven't got it yet just because of post etc? I'm probably getting ahead of myself with wishful thinking lol, Just throwing it out there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Maybe they're doing them in smaller batches as i would take a guess anyone who fails their first PCA coming up soon would probably do their retake with those who got the processed letter today? Im just guessing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

The 5 week cycled seemed to work well for them last campaign. I couldn't see them deviating from it now. Good luck to those who got the letters and patience to those who didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I'm in the 70-74 bracket and haven't received anything yet but it's definitely good news that there's some movement!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Nothing for me either guys.

So possibly in another 5 weeks hopefully more?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AA1234

Low/mid 70s here. Received letter yesterday.

AA1234 wrote: »

Awesome, welcome to the forums AA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Good to see it moving again. Though I'm low 60s so I'm expecting a very long wait. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Really nice to see things moving again, fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

And now for the golden question...

When do we all reckon those that got the letters will receive vetting forms etc?

newpsni wrote: »
    And now for the golden question...

When do we all reckon those that got the letters will receive vetting forms etc?

Don't know when but hopefully not too far away. Time to step up the training :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

AA1234 wrote: »

Darn I'm about the same, I've just missed the cut off it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Darn I'm about the same, I've just missed the cut off it seems :(

Same, i would guess that was likely to be another 100 odd letters aswell, doesn't leave too many out of the proposed 230, if 230 was even achievable :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

The Chief Constable is doing another twitter session tomorrow night at 7:30pm maybe he will update about what is happening with campaign numbers etc... Did the same last year and we found out about campaign two going ahead and numbers for campaign one. I'm not on twitter myself but i'm sure someone would be and will ask about recruiting.

Razer33 wrote: »
    Same, i would guess that was likely to be another 100 odd letters aswell, doesn't leave too many out of the proposed 230, if 230 was even achievable :(

Dont forget rates of attrition and all that mate, if campaign 1 is to go by they would need to put say 400 people through to get 230, that being said campaign 1 didn't have the second attempt at the physical but it is still done 12 weeks later if failed, and the PSNI isn't going to wait 12 weeks to see if everybody passes a second go. They will want a flow of student officers starting after each other, I assume this, mind you I was always told never to assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

Did anyone receive a letter this morning about a physical?

countrycop wrote: »

Nothing yet but post is a bit later here

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

You guys should be getting vetting forms before PCA dates if it's going there same way as us

I never received vetting forms... :s

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

I would imagine it will be a similar order to us countrycop- you get the letter first saying that your application is progressing- then you will get vetting papers and some time after that PCA dates will come out I don't think anyone from the second batch has vetting forms yet

I would imagine it will be a similar order to us countrycop- you get the letter first saying that your application is progressing- then you will get vetting papers and some time after that PCA dates will come out I don't think anyone from the second batch has vetting forms yet
    It has giving me a date and all.. I'm very confused lol

It has giving me a date and all.. I'm very confused lol

maybe you will get your vetting forms on the day of PCA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Were you one of the ones that got a letter of progression last week? Nervous to get home now to check!

Advertisement