Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I think it could be like this for a while now campaign 1 is complete, and as such only the first batch of campaign 2 are progressing, it may pick up soon mind you again, as I'm pretty certain more vetting forms will be sent out sometime once you guys do your physical which I believe is soon so it may be all go then. I say that as if I know lol which I don't but thats the way campaign 1 went.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

I think it could be like this for a while now campaign 1 is complete, and as such only the first batch of campaign 2 are progressing, it may pick up soon mind you again, as I'm pretty certain more vetting forms will be sent out sometime once you guys do your physical which I believe is soon so it may be all go then. I say that as if I know lol which I don't but thats the way campaign 1 went.

I'm finding that Waiting for something that may never come is very hard :( and it's hard on the old fitness motivation too. I've hit a wall :(

QueenP wrote: »
    I'm finding that Waiting for something that may never come is very hard :( and it's hard on the old fitness motivation too. I've hit a wall :(

Yeah Im finding it hard too, for me I bombed in the last campaign however never let it phase me said I will wait until the new campaign which thankfully wasnt too long a wait and I studied and worked my ass off and got help to prepare and scored well in the first stages, my strong parts would be the physical etc.

I always said if I can get past the first 2 stages that I would stand a good chance and now with a good score I'm sitting thinking I will either just be in the 230 or just shy if this was campaign 1 with my score I would be out of training now, and I know it's not campaign 1and it's all relevant, but if the finances were the same I would be fairly confident that this would be my time.

I don't want to be on a list for 2 years or whatever to be told at the end we're sorry that's it, when I could have applied for say Scotland and be near done with my probation period within that time frame. The major concern I have is that for the next few years the cuts proposed are increasing which would mean little to no recruitment for the forseeable future. I'm starting to really believe that we will be the last folks to be recruited for a while. I can't wait for the next vetting batch to head out even though I'm pretty confident I won't be in it, but it just keeps things running along.

Yeah Im finding it hard too, for me I bombed in the last campaign however never let it phase me said I will wait until the new campaign which thankfully wasnt too long a wait and I studied and worked my ass off and got help to prepare and scored well in the first stages, my strong parts would be the physical etc.

I always said if I can get past the first 2 stages that I would stand a good chance and now with a good score I'm sitting thinking I will either just be in the 230 or just shy if this was campaign 1 with my score I would be out of training now, and I know it's not campaign 1and it's all relevant, but if the finances were the same I would be fairly confident that this would be my time.

I don't want to be on a list for 2 years or whatever to be told at the end we're sorry that's it, when I could have applied for say Scotland and be near done with my probation period within that time frame. The major concern I have is that for the next few years the cuts proposed are increasing which would mean little to no recruitment for the forseeable future. I'm starting to really believe that we will be the last folks to be recruited for a while. I can't wait for the next vetting batch to head out even though I'm pretty confident I won't be in it, but it just keeps things running along.

Well as you know I'm a mark or 2 below you so hopefully we'll both slip in somewhere. I recently started a new job and all I thought about when starting was how flexible they where with days off incase I'd to go to a PCA session lol I'd need to get off my ass and train like mad again. I just can't get motivated the past couple of weeks.

Well as you know I'm a mark or 2 below you so hopefully we'll both slip in somewhere. I recently started a new job and all I thought about when starting was how flexible they where with days off incase I'd to go to a PCA session lol I'd need to get off my ass and train like mad again. I just can't get motivated the past couple of weeks.

That's understandable though, I don't feel like I'm in for the police at the mo lol, it is hard to motivate as it could be all in vain, power through it though, stay the course as I say :)

• Advertisement

Not asking for the exact dates, but am I right that the physicals are very soon, just wondering as hoping more vetting forms are sent out, again I don't expect to get any myself but just for things to get moving again Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Not too far away HighburyLad

Mop a top wrote: »
    Not too far away HighburyLad

Cool, work is kinda doing my head and the fact I'm still in with a shout here keeps me sane lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Yeah feeling a little lost ATM now it's over :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

What's over?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,695 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

newpsni wrote: »
    What's over?

She has told the forum that it's over for her. She has been unsuccessful with her application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Sorry to hear that Mop. Likely the same outcome for many of us, not that that is of any comfort to you. Keep the spirits high! Law of attraction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

It's all gone quiet I think because people are working away at the online learning and preparing for the PCA. We've not half the people on here there use to be too, good that lots of them are now in the force. Bad that once in they abandon us, shame really very helpful these forums.

Recruitment slow, lower numbers from the 2nd batch all the little things mean the forums are pretty quiet now.

It seems most of the 1405 campaign news doesn't get us anywhere in terms of concrete numbers or information from the PSNI. All we know is 100ish have got vetting forms and are progressing, but that was from members telling us that lol not the force itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

In regards to online learning! Do you do tests online as well as on the first day of Garnerville?

Just some general info for anybody interested, I've been sad and kept an eye on the strength of statistics on the PSNI website and for whatever reason they last updated them in March, usually it's once a month but they hadn't updated them in two months, they just updated them yesterday, and I had taken screen shots with my phone just to see how many are leaving and coming in. Kinda interesting more do leave than come in which is alarming, so in two months 75 have left, and currently 142 are in the SOTP, in two months around 60 odd student officers have passed out.

I've been following the stats really since they said there would be a cut in numbers in term or recruitment. It is sad I know lol, but ever since I've followed it more are leaving than coming in, a squad comes in and a squad and a bit leaves, or the odd one levels out or a few more come in than leave, it seems to be in constant catch up. The overall numbers have been going down each month even with new recruits passing out. Just thought I would share Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Received a letter today confirming recruiting going ahead. Made my day by far. Time to knuckle down and push myself further for PCA

Received a letter today confirming recruiting going ahead. Made my day by far. Time to knuckle down and push myself further for PCA

Brilliant news! do you mind me asking what sort of ratio your ac score would fall into?

Brilliant news! do you mind me asking what sort of ratio your ac score would fall into?

High 70's QueenP

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Just had a scan back through older posts and the PCA letters for the first batch were received on 02/04/15... exactly five weeks ago from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Oh good news then the ball is moving again ref recruitment?

Mind giving us the general content of the letter? Can you expect vetting forms soon?

It was worrying highburylad saying about those leaving at a higher rate than they are recruiting. Think we knew it wasn't good but maybe not as bad as his numbers seem to suggest.

• Advertisement

High 70's QueenP

Dayummm I'm high 60's

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Oh good news then the ball is moving again ref recruitment?

Mind giving us the general content of the letter? Can you expect vetting forms soon?

It was worrying highburylad saying about those leaving at a higher rate than they are recruiting. Think we knew it wasn't good but maybe not as bad as his numbers seem to suggest.

That following previous letter, that they are going ahead with application. Doesn't give a time scale on the letter. A sense of yes we're going ahead but may take some time.

Awesome news :) wonder where they've went down to in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Awesome news :) wonder where they've went down to in the list.

I'm on mid-low 70's. I didn't receive the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I'm on mid-low 70's. I didn't receive the letter

I got the letter! Def sounds like a long enough time scale but it's made my night! My application is now being processed!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Low - Mid 70s nothing here, musn't be too many sent if theres only 2 on the boards with them

Nothing either...booo :(

Chin up, it's all in front of us :)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been the next 100 whom have got the letter, Just a guess but a fair one. Vetting forms will follow I would say in the next week or so. There could be more on the way for folks tomorrow.

• Advertisement

There are 800 people with ac scores between 77- 60. That averages out at 50 people per score.

If they are only processing 100 at a time, we will all be waiting a while.

Advertisement