Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 08-01-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Doncaster 2.05
    Pepite rose

Good ground is the making of this mare as it was when she was second to sire the grugy last spring.she also ran at aintree and was leading before 2 out but then faded against classy opposition.
    She has to give 4 pounds to the field but I think only a fall will stop her from winning against her own sex as she has been able to compete really well against the other sex in classy races, her jumping can be quite spectacular to watch which can give you the odd fright

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Rumours of another Curley gamble. Probably b*****ks like.

2.50 Ecliptic Sunrise (Ling)
    3.25 Giant Sequoia (Ling)
    8.35 Eye of Tiger (Dundalk)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Former Barney Curley horse getting backed in 3.25 ling, giant sequoia, 25/1 into 4to5s

Beaten out the gate last three starts, if he wins i'm sure the vast improvement will be credited to the fitting of cheek pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

famagusta wrote: »
    Former Barney Curley horse getting backed in 3.25 ling, giant sequoia, 25/1 into 4to5s

Beaten out the gate last three starts, if he wins i'm sure the vast improvement will be credited to the fitting of cheek pieces

Was never 20/1. 14/1 top price this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

shmeee wrote: »
    Was never 20/1. 14/1 top price this morning.

Ya i see that, don't know where i got that price from, sorry bout that!!

famagusta wrote: »
    Ya i see that, don't know where i got that price from, sorry bout that!!

Your grand, was wondering myself where it was as was browsing oddschecker looking at morning moves and couldn't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Two for me in Dundalk tonight. First is Rigid Rock in the first. Ado McGuinnes horse so the market will probably tell its chance however this horse is extremely well handicapped and D McDonagh on board who won on him previously is a positive for me. Available at 25s, (PP only 14s, They Know. Ha.) This will be first or last so 1 pt win for me.

A little less speculatively I like Storm in the 7.35. Put up by PC last time out and drifted like a barge and was ridden accordingly. J O Brien rode the last day and his brother takes off a valuable 7 pounds today. Cut by a host of firms to 12s and 14s but still 16s available. 1 pt win.

Have had a .5 pt double as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Curley's gamble according to Mull

Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
    John Mulholland ‏@JohnMulhollands 3m3 minutes ago Dublin City, Ireland
    Ling 145: Angels Above: 20/1–8/1
    Ling 250: Ecliptic Sunrise: 7/2–9/4
    Ling 325: Giant Sequioa: 14/1–7/2
    Dun 835: Eye Of The Tiger 11/2–5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Most likely outcome, none of them win. Actually fancied Eye of the Tiger later, hopefully he might drift to a decent price again if the rest lose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Two for me in Dundalk tonight. First is Rigid Rock in the first. Ado McGuinnes horse so the market will probably tell its chance however this horse is extremely well handicapped and D McDonagh on board who won on him previously is a positive for me. Available at 25s, (PP only 14s, They Know. Ha.) This will be first or last so 1 pt win for me.

A little less speculatively I like Storm in the 7.35. Put up by PC last time out and drifted like a barge and was ridden accordingly. J O Brien rode the last day and his brother takes off a valuable 7 pounds today. Cut by a host of firms to 12s and 14s but still 16s available. 1 pt win.

Have had a .5 pt double as well.

I still think they'll back Storm sometime but not sure if it's tonight. In the same race I have Nini Ok in the tracker who is very well backed... I'll be bulling if she wins tonight I thought they'd wait another run or two with her. Look at her last run she was poorly placed and given a quiet ride to be beaten under two lengths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

betfair not letting me put on a lucky 15. did it on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

not impressed with josses hill one bit, very disappointing .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

not impressed with josses hill one bit, very disappointing .

Needs to go back over hurdles was terrible on debut as well

unplayable wrote: »
    betfair not letting me put on a lucky 15. did it on PP

Angel Above in the first one is 18/1 on betfair and Bet Victor only 5/1. Bookies playing all the punters here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

2 mile novices are a fair bunch this year. Hard to see him turning around form with Ptit Zig but they're justified in thinking he'll get better with experience over fences.

Not a straightforward call imo. He's a good horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

corny wrote: »
    2 mile novices are a fair bunch this year. Hard to see him turning around form with Ptit Zig but they're justified in thinking he'll get better with experience over fences.

Not a straightforward call imo. He's a good horse.

the English ones are shocking. Whoever Mullins runs in the Arkle will win it easily I think.

Lapin wrote: »
    Curley's gamble according to Mull

Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
    John Mulholland ‏@JohnMulhollands 3m3 minutes ago Dublin City, Ireland
    Ling 145: Angels Above: 20/1–8/1
    Ling 250: Ecliptic Sunrise: 7/2–9/4
    Ling 325: Giant Sequioa: 14/1–7/2
    Dun 835: Eye Of The Tiger 11/2–5/2

Angels Above was 5/1 with some firms before opening show, out to 16/1 now on the show and 27/1 on betfair. Enough said, many punters have been mugged again following this Barney gamble talk again.

The time he pulled it off the horses were very short prices.

Angels Above was 5/1 with some firms before opening show, out to 16/1 now on the show and 27/1 on betfair. Enough said, many punters have been mugged again following this Barney gamble talk again.

Very odd, halved in price in one move before off from 16s to 8s.

A poor 6th. Well beaten as expected sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Exactly if it was a Barney gamble do people really think one would be 8/1

I'd pass no heed to any of these. People are extremely easily lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

What's the ground like at Doncaster
    Pepite rose needs good or good to soft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Don't be runs again I see and is very short even with a 6lb rise. I'm going to go with Stosur 10/1 e/w.

Luap wrote: »
    Don't be runs again I see and is very short even with a 6lb rise. I'm going to go with Stosur 10/1 e/w.

Luke Morris gets Don't Be up nicely on the line, for 4 wins in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Luke Morris gets Don't Be up nicely on the line, for 4 wins in a row now.
    Who's the handsome beggar who found that one? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Mgoraf wrote: »
    the English ones are shocking. Whoever Mullins runs in the Arkle will win it easily I think.

Heard this one before. Mullins has a terrible record with chasers at Cheltenham. Wouldn't write off Josses Hill yet, needs to sort out his jumping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I'm going to put a small ew on giant sequoia for a gamble. Has ran well here before hopefully will do the same again today

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭solwhit12

What time do the bookies close tonight?. They usually stay open for the Irish racing.

I am 1/4 aftertiming as one person put it yesterday. But I have Don't Be, Burnt Cream (the after-timing bit), Sabre Rock and Thecornishcowboy together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

solwhit12 wrote: »
    What time do the bookies close tonight?. They usually stay open for the Irish racing.

9/930 last race. I think they recently done away with that legislation that only allowed you stay open if there was an Irish meeting on. Of course Dundalk is on tonight so that is irrelevant anyhooooo.

Giant Sequoia went from 14/1 to 4/1 and now back out to 14/1 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Like Top Set here at Lingfield, backed it each way this morning at 9/2.

Advertisement