Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Award Season 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Alicat wrote: »
    Emma!

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Think I'm going to hit the hay.....

My round-up for the best dressed are (in no particular order):
    Rosamund Pike (actually, hers was my favourite :))
    Lupita Nyong'o
    Reese Witherspoon
    Jessica Chastain

Honorable mentions:
    Kelly Osbourne - loved the detail of her dress
    Behati Pinsaloo - loved the drama of the dress, not a big fan of the up-do
    Emma Stone (I like that it was so different, but wasn;t for me....even though everything she has ever worn, I loved....but tonight, I digress.... slightly)
    Jamie Chung - liked the detailing
    Anna Kendrick - coral colour suited her, but felt it was more worthy of a summer event, as opposed to a rainy red carpet in February
    Margot Robbie - YSL dress=Yes/Hair=No
    Sienna Miller = lovely LBD
    Scarletts' dress was beautiful - but the necklace was over the top and ugly

Not quite sure what was going on:
    Cate Blanchett wearing a necklace which didn't quit go with a high neckline dress
    Chrissy Teigen - liked the colour of the dress and the shade of lipstick.... but a high thigh slit and extra low cleavage = a no from me
    Gwyenth Paltrows' pink, one sleeved number with the over-the-top frilly shoulder detailing.....need I say more.
    Marion Cotillard - dress was misshapen, tailoring fail IMO. Colour/fabric was pretty though.
    Nicole Kidman - garish red belt, garish red belt, garish red belt, garish red belt, garish red belt on a yellow-tone sequined dress....just no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Has anyone else noticed E! have no mani cam this time? Learned their lesson on that one it seems, a lot of the ladies really didn't like it.

Reece and Rosamund are my favourites of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Chloe Moretz

I actually quite like this dress. I think because she is so youthful looking that she can pull off the pattern, an older woman would've looked dowdy.
    Reese Witherspoon

Defo one of my best dressed. She always does her red carpet looks so well, she always looks really polished.
    Chris Pratt and Anna Faris

Her dress is beautiful. She looks amazing.
    Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth's dress would've been so much nicer in a different colour. It looks a bit cheap in the pink.
    Scarlett Johansson

Green is my favourite colour so I can't help loving anything in green (for instance, in any shop, whether it's homewares or clothes, I'm immediately drawn to green items) therefore I love this dress but the necklace is a bit too busy. Her figure is sensational though. Maybe a sparkly diamond necklace would've set off the dress a bit better. All the green just seems like overkill.
    Emma!

Love Emma Stone's dress but she has worn better stuff this season.
    Kiera Knightley

I know a lot of you aren't fans of Keira's maternity style but I've loved all her dresses. I think I'm alone in that though :P
    Jennifer Aniston

She looks sensational as always.
    Channing and Jenna

Love Jenna's dress. She has worn some gorgeous dresses this season. I loved the yellow dress she wore.
    Jessica Chastain - fab!

Defo another one of my best dressed. So elegant.

Lupita Nyong'o my favourite of the night.

Once more for admiration purposes :D

rs_634x1024-150222161325-634.lupita-oscars-022215.jpg

Also, whoever is covering the Oscars for the Dailymail needs their eyes examined :rolleyes:

Wouldn't you hate to be Jennifer Aniston? All the papers are the same - ah sure jesus god bless the poor thing for even getting up out of the bed in the morning after being snubbed, she's probably not going to an afterparty, probably just going home to cry into a bucket of ice cream and look at old photos of herself and Brad :rolleyes: I think what she has had to put up with from the media over the past 10 years is nearly worse than the cheating and divorce because she seems to have made her peace with that but the media constantly drag it up again and again.

• Advertisement

This dress could've been lovely but the side of it (brings back memories of Liz Hurley's Versace dress) lets it down.

25F7D04E00000578-2964619-image-a-11_1424655694600.jpg

What is going on with Christina Aguilera's hairline??

25FB455F00000578-2964947-image-m-7_1424679684541.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Reese Witherspoon & Lupita Nyong'o are definitely my best dressed of the night. They both looked so elegant and stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I just felt that I had seen Reece in that dress before?!

Jessica Chastain however. Woww

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

shalalala wrote: »
    I just felt that I had seen Reece in that dress before?!

Jessica Chastain however. Woww

It's veeerrry similar to the dress she wore to the Oscars in 2011, scarily similar. She looks stunning all the same.
    Best for me is Emma Stone, just stunning. If I was on the red carpet I would want to look like her.

• Advertisement

Was Jennifer Lawrence there?

Not necessarily an Oscars dress as she wore it to the Vanity Fair party but it is so lovely :)

25FB3B5F00000578-0-image-a-9_1424674239084.jpg

Love her new hairstyle but did Beyonce wear this dress? It looks like the dress she was wearing at the Met Gala when her sister hopped head off Jay Z.

25FC0D5F00000578-0-image-m-22_1424683895388.jpg

I don't think it's the same dress but it is very similar! I think Beyonce's was more sheer around the torso/along the sides.

Love Lily Collin's hair, the short style really suits her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Oh these photos are SO beautiful!! I love them all! (Apart from maybe the Rita Ora one, her dress for the Vanity Fair party was rotten).

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/02/mark-seliger-oscar-party-portraits-2015

I especially love the one of Jennifer and Justin.

Why oh why is Nicole Kidman wearing a garish red belt with yellow tone sequins....

Why not? :)

Outfits of the night for me: Emma Stone, Dakota Johnson, Melanie Griffiths, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Hudson, Rosamund Pike, Sienna Miller, Margot Robbie.

All the rest, bleh. I don't get the Lupita hype in general at all. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

My opinions won't be popular but I loved Nicole Kidman, Gwyneth Paltrow and Keira Knightly.

Meangadh wrote: »
    Oh these photos are SO beautiful!! I love them all! (Apart from maybe the Rita Ora one, her dress for the Vanity Fair party was rotten).

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/02/mark-seliger-oscar-party-portraits-2015

I especially love the one of Jennifer and Justin.

Me too.
    And the one of Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Me too.
    And the one of Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger.

Yeah it's fab. They're really great photos, ones I'm sure the stars would want to keep themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Stunning portraits!! Especially love Jennifer & Justin and Diane & Joshua.

Monica Lewinsky? Rita Ora? Seriously?!:confused:

Edit: I just seen Irina Shayk's dress from the Vanity Fair party. Oooooh, dear!! We know you have a rocking bod love but, you know, less is more.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jennifer Lopez

339787.jpg

As stunning as JLo is, this dress is terrible on her imo, the colour is awful

It's a fabulous dress, I absolutely love it. Exactly the kind of dress that shows what Elie Saab is all about.

I can see where everyone is coming from though with the colour being too close to her skin tone. If it was in a deeper colour (blue or purple maybe), it would have been showstopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I loved Faith Hill, thought the dress set off her cropped haircut to perfection.
    Diane Kruger is so stylish it hurts a bit. Her red outfit was one of my favourites. Joshua Jackson makes a pretty good accessory too.
    Keira Knightley - my favourite pregnant red carpet look from keira so far. She looked girlish and elegant and pretty and comfortable :) Love the embroidered text.
    Rita Ora's Marchesa dress (The midnight blue and gold fishtail one) but it didn't seem to fit her that well. Her Vanity Fair dress that looks like black toilet paper trailing from her bum was rather less successful!
    Cate Blanchett - rather bland from the front, and the necklace doesn't quite sit right, but the open detail at the back saves it for me.
    Kelly O - I want that dress. I also approved of the shoes even though they showed off her horrid tattoos.
    Jessica Chastain couldn't be more fabulous. The seaming on her dress is to die for.
    Anna Kendrick was one of my favourites - that neckline!
    Nancy O'Dell - no idea, but that dress is fantastic.
    Sophia Vegara - that blue is so pretty, and the embellishment is just gorgeous, another lady who rarely gets it wrong. Amy Adams had a very similar coloured dress which didn't work as well IMO.

I liked Scarlett Johannsen - fabulous colour, not entirely sold on the necklace but thought the entire look was so elegant and not as 'look at my boobs!' as many of her red carpet choices :)
    Beyonce looked good, more pared back than usual, I liked it.
    Emma Stone... bit disappointed by the colour, something more vibrant would have been better with her skintone IMO, and it was veeeery backless, but the girl could wear just about anything and look fabulous!
    Jennifer Aniston - another perfectly figure hugging dress, really cool.
    Kerry Washington, not a fan of the peplum which does nothing for her figure but love the idea of her dress.
    Gywneth, a bit too sweet to be wholesome but overall very elegant and a gorgeous shape... bit like herself I suppose...
    Jennifer Lopez, but I wonder why she matched her dress to her skintone? Would have been a showstopper in a different colour I think. I prefer her in sleeker designs.
    America Ferrera - the colour is fabulous, her earrings are perfect, 90% there but the fit on the chest isn't right.
    Margot Robbie's stripy after party dress was lovely but a couple of inches too short.

I didn't like Naomi Watts, very meh for the Oscars, not up to her usual high standards. The boobtube bit is very 90's.
    Nicole Kidman - the shape is gorgeous and in some shots the sequins looked great but overall I just don't like it!
    Dakota Johnson - 50 Shades of OK I suppose but not really Oscars standard is it love? Her mum looked hot.
    Benedict Cumberbatch's missus - great colour, pity about the nappy pins (hmm, maybe it's a pregnancy and baby themed dress? Nah still don't like it)
    Solange Knowles. Eek.

The boys - Jeff Goldblum, Eddie Redmayne, amazing! Loved the dude in the red suit too. I don't know who he is but Ellar Coltrane looked like he took a wrong turn on his way to the Debs - horrid cheap looking mess of a suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Meangadh wrote: »
    Kate Beckinsale

B7G7BO4CIAADD0_.jpg:large

Just looking back over this thread and saw this - Kate Beckinsale always seems to look amazing - she had a similar beautiful dress at last year's oscars as well. Classy lady

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's bad but I so strongly dislike her that it completely colours my opinions on her clothing. Anyone else get that? Not with Kelly specifically, with anyone?

I know you asked this pages back in the thread but I had to have a think about it and for me it's Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Kylie, any of the Kardashians and Kate Moss. I'll be honest, it's a growing list :P

Is it just me or did the 'ordinary folk' completely outshine all the models there? Behati Prinsloo, Irina Shayk, Chrissy Tiegan etc, to me they were all completely outshone by the likes of Emma Stone, Reese, Rosamund etc
    That Irina one looked a right state. The Oscars was not the place for that dress. Can't beat a bit of class every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Definitely!! The actresses were so much better dressed than the models. Really elegant and classy. Some of the models look like they were dressed for the Grammys...or Hollywood Boulevard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sienna Miller
    Anna Kendrick best dressed

• Advertisement

I know you asked this pages back in the thread but I had to have a think about it and for me it's Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Kylie, any of the Kardashians and Kate Moss. I'll be honest, it's a growing list :P

Lea Michele is another one for me. Such a ridiculous ham on the red carpet, seems sooooo high maintenance. Plus, her face annoys me. :pac: Same as Kelly O's. :P

Advertisement