Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 240mb broadband and telephone package €45/month

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Automan, that is correct, though FYI you can work around the issue by either connecting your own 10/100/1000 ethernet swtich or router to the Ubee router and then plugging the pc into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

bk wrote: »
    Automan, that is correct, though FYI you can work around the issue by either connecting your own 10/100/1000 ethernet swtich or router to the Ubee router and then plugging the pc into that.

Yep I read that in the forum but you should not have to spend more money on more equipment to fix this, it should have been tested properly before being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Feck it I'll stay where I am, I get a ping of 25 to that server. Makes all the difference. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Watch your bills with these crowd.

The amount of first bills they make a 'mistake' on is horrific. Especially if you are on a package that has a discounted 6 months etc, they will charge you the price without the discount and then say sorry etc and put credit on the account. This means you'll end up paying the full price months before you actually signed up for. They don't seem to realise that people budget when they take up these offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's one of the reasons I hate all the price changes. So many billing errors.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Corholio wrote:
    The amount of first bills they make a 'mistake' on is horrific. Especially if you are on a package that has a discounted 6 months etc, they will charge you the price without the discount and then say sorry etc and put credit on the account. This means you'll end up paying the full price months before you actually signed up for. They don't seem to realise that people budget when they take up these offers.

I cancelled my DD and paid amount expected and not the bill amount...let them fix the bill next month

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

tharmor wrote: »
    I cancelled my DD and paid amount expected and not the bill amount...let them fix the bill next month
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Upgraded to the 240 package over a month ago and ever since according to my Sam Knows box my speeds are all over the place. UPC have been out and even replaced the main cable into the house am lost as to why there's so speed consistency or else my Sam Knows box is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My speeds are all over the shop too, ranging from 150 to a high of 220 once but generally around 190 so I'll have to get onto them. I've never once got 240 and I check it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ron.

Cancelled last week and have switched to sky. €74 for 12 months with variety pack, sports hd and fibre/phone. He first offend it for 97 which I said was competitive, but if could you do a bit better I would sign up there and then. After a few minutes he came back with 74. Delighted tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

my bill with upc has just gone up from €79.50 a month to €90.50 a month!! this is the essential bundle which includes home phone and broadband. We do not use the home phone service at all and to be honest we only stayed with it at €79 for the broadband as the tv package is fairly basic. I rang yesterday to discuss the bill but was told if i want to change the package I would have to enter a new 12 month contract. This is not possible as the house we are living in is rented as is currently for sale so we don't know how much longer we will be there. Anyone have any ideas for the best course of action I can take?

I got the same deal, went from 200 to 240 saved 10e a month , great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ciartastix wrote: »
    my bill with upc has just gone up from €79.50 a month to €90.50 a month!! this is the essential bundle which includes home phone and broadband. We do not use the home phone service at all and to be honest we only stayed with it at €79 for the broadband as the tv package is fairly basic. I rang yesterday to discuss the bill but was told if i want to change the package I would have to enter a new 12 month contract. This is not possible as the house we are living in is rented as is currently for sale so we don't know how much longer we will be there. Anyone have any ideas for the best course of action I can take?

When is your contract up? Ask them this then. Cancel it then. It should be shorter than 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

They no longer offer this plan, they added a few minutes to the phone pack (i don't even have a phone in the house ) and put up the package price by 120/year or 10/ month to 55 Euro PM.

I called to try get the previous package and they wouldn't even admit that it used to be 45 until i mentioned that i read about it on boards. Changed in March he said. Not a great deal now really. Hopefully something will change in the packages again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Guys,

We are on 30mb UPC as it was the max the system could support in our area (lusk) Got a letter the other week saying we are being upgraded tomorrow.. so i assumed speeds would jump... i got a call friday though from UPC asking me if i wanted to upgrade and pay them more money each month? What gives? Would they not automatically give us the 100mb they touting in their adds?

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

^^^^
    Ring them and ask?

Advertisement