Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Up Davey Boy!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Much as I agree with the sentiments here, I would expect nothing but good things in this asswipe's future. He's one of the boys, dontcha know.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

According to the judge, Mr Drumm was “not remotely credible;” his conduct was “knowing and fraudulent,” and his statements to the Boston bankruptcy court were “replete with knowingly false statements, failures to disclose, efforts to misdirect and outright lies.” So he might end up a USA Prison now that he lied .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

He is a real dumb fck.

If he had been honest and declared the $1m he transferred to his wife in his initial statement of means he could well have been delcared bankrupt and by now would have emerged from bankruptcy.
    He would be off the hook now for the $10m he owes. Free to keep all his future earnings and rebuild his life.

But he was dishonest and is now on the hook for the $10m, facing extradition, no court protection and his future earnings can be tapped forever to cover his debt. His visa status as an 'investor' is also at risk.

Stupid fcking banker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

Wouldn't it be great if he got a clatter of a train or a bus

You have consider the effect that might have on the poor bus or train drivers.

The ones who missed out on the opportunity I mean.

No, I'd prefer to let Drumm have some say in what should happen next. Give him a choice.

A trip to a big barn with a nice length of rope hanging from the rafters and a step ladder in the middle of the floor.

Or a drive out to the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge and..........

A bottle of scotch and a revolver is the traditional solution reserved for a gentleman so we rule that out.

If anyone accuses me of making light of suicide, bear in mind that the actions and inactions of this man led directly to countless people in this country taking their own lives in recent years, and it continues.

I don't say it lightly when I suggest that such an act is about the only decent gesture he has remaining. I won't mourn him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

He is a real dumb fck.

If he had been honest and declared the $1m he transferred to his wife in his initial statement of means he could well have been delcared bankrupt and by now would have emerged from bankruptcy.
    He would be off the hook now for the $10m he owes.

He was Banker after all and as recent history has shown, most of them were very incompetent & greedy. So him fúcking up his own duplicity comes as no surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

irish gent wrote: »
    According to the judge, Mr Drumm was “not remotely credible;” his conduct was “knowing and fraudulent,” and his statements to the Boston bankruptcy court were “replete with knowingly false statements, failures to disclose, efforts to misdirect and outright lies.” So he might end up a USA Prison now that he lied .

very unlikely. perjury in a civil case isnt taken as seriously as perjury in a criminal case.

He is a real dumb fck.

He would be off the hook now for the $10m he owes. Free to keep all his future earnings and rebuild his life.

But he was dishonest and is now on the hook for the $10m, facing extradition, no court protection and his future earnings can be tapped forever to cover his debt. His visa status as an 'investor' is also at risk.

Stupid fcking banker.

At this stage, I would imagine extradition back to a friendly irish judiciary whom Mr Drumm has probably shared many a dinner table with in the past would be welcome, as far as Mr Drumm is concerned.

Best thing we can do is leave him to rot in the US where he's too small-time to wild any influence in the court system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

diomed wrote: »
    Is he really broke, or is he just bankrupt?

Neither, he's still flush, he just doesn't want to pay his debts. That carry on is so common, it's downright prole-ish, not for the likes of him, you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Beano wrote: »
    very unlikely. perjury in a civil case isnt taken as seriously as perjury in a criminal case.

Dunno about that. Even the likes of the Quinns were put in gaol here for contempt of court in a civil case.

However, Drumm will probably end up dodging the US charges because he'll be extradited back here for the Maple 10 shenanigans. The courts will put him through the wringer here and then just give him a slap on the wrist suspended sentence for massive fraud or malfeasence or whatever you call the messing he was named as being the mastermind of in court last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 reach for the stars

Good to see american judges are not a joke like the ones here. Hope he does face perjury charges over there . If he returns here he will face no punishment in a corrupt from the top down system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Let's see him, to paraphrase 'Drummer' himself, pick that figure 'out of his ar*e'.

Delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

check_six wrote: »
    Dunno about that. Even the likes of the Quinns were put in gaol here for contempt of court in a civil case.

However, Drumm will probably end up dodging the US charges because he'll be extradited back here for the Maple 10 shenanigans. The courts will put him through the wringer here and then just give him a slap on the wrist suspended sentence for massive fraud or malfeasence or whatever you call the messing he was named as being the mastermind of in court last year.

contempt is not perjury and perjury is not contempt. and drumm is in the states not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement